#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. */
This is just stock ww 6.5.27 deodexed rom, packed as ext4 system.img meant to be flash via fastboot, nothing fancy here.
- Based on stock ww 6.5.27.
- Init.d sysinit.
- Zipalign and sqlite init.d script added.
- Dalvik optimization in build.prop.
- Busybox 1.22.0 applet installed in /system/xbin.
- Adblocking hosts file.
- Xposed framework fix. Can install/update xposed without bootloop/stuck on booting.
- Accessing sdcard fix for thirdparty apps. Can read/write/modify data on sdcard.
- Updated asus standalone app from playstore ie camera, calendar, messaging etc.
- Debloated by removing app that can be install from playstore eg gmail, youtube, google plus, google music, google book, google magazine, google game, google hangouts, omlet chat etc. If u want them u can just install from playstore.
- Probably other things i forgot to list here...
Everything in stock rom should work.
- Fc after first boot, just turn off/reboot again and everything should be fine.
- U need to already have updated to 6.5.27 stock rom either full flash or update ota.
- Because zenfone 4 got no custom recovery yet so this is meant to be flash from pc/laptop so u need to have pc/laptop.
- Backup your data eg contact, sms, calendar, photos etc.
- U need to install Intel android driver.
- U need to have adb and fastboot tool, can download from my link below. Just extract the archive, ADB_FASTBOOT.7z somehere in root of drive eg in C or D.
- Extract the rom, u will get system.img around 1gb in size. Put it in the same folder as adb and fastboot above.
- Boot phone into droidboot mode by pressing volume up+power button together.
- Connect phone via usb cable.
- Open the adb and fastboot tool folder and double click on OPEN.CMD. Windows terminal will open.
- Type in the terminal to erase cache
fastboot erase cache
- Type in the terminal to erase data
fastboot erase data
- Type in the terminal to erase system
fastboot erase system
- Now to flash system, type in the terminal
fastboot flash system system.img
- After success flash system, if u want root need to flash supersu. Download and put ASUS_ZENFONE_ROOT.zip in the adb and fastboot folder and type in terminal
fastboot flash update ASUS_ZENFONE_ROOT.zip
- Linus Torvalds and whole linux kernel team and contributors.
- and many, many other people whose their tool/app/guide i've used to make this...