Disclaimer: I remind you that everything you do on your fear and risk. I'm not responsible for the breakdown of devices, bricks caused by your own hands (well, my hands, too, it's true, software to kill iron is unlikely to come out)
2. Install the firmware. Installation takes place quickly, about 1 minute. When installing the firmware, the most recent TWRP 3.0M5
Attention! The first start of the firmware after the wipes can reach 10-15 minutes.
Development is hard work. If you want to support not only beautiful words, my profile has information on how it can be done
0. Despite the fact that I tried to make firmware based on the most extreme firmware of android 5, where already the asus changed the theme engine and sawed out the possibility of changing the themes of the status bar and settings, I saved this opportunity!
1. Setup wizard, sound service, preset from Zenfone 2 and 3 (6.0.1, 7.0). In addition to the usual effects added "Pure" - when the headphones are inserted and "Outdoor" - for the external speaker. Asus Music the newest version 188.8.131.52, which modified to work on 5.0, in the code frameworks made the relevant edits, so that the asus music did not crash after every reboot of the phone, also from this player there is access to the equalizer (item Fine tuning) Sound in the headphones really cool
2. The kernel I modified with a lot of governors and optimizations, the Mass Storage mode, the fix of the stock core, which could not catch the network after the exit from the subway or cellars, fixes of the device hangs on charging, etc. Thanks @nheolinkin https://forum.xda-developers.com/zen...nlock-t3629739
3. Curtain almost in the style of Zenfone 3 Android 7.0 with the corresponding icons therefrom, also an increased grid of 5x4 titles, the Android system icon and debugging from ydb from android 7, the icon of the system's graphical interface from android 6.0.1, reduced the minimum possible number of items for quick settings (Not counting the first line of the quickbox-quickbox) from 8 to 5
4. Extended reboot menu with items for quick reboot, reboot into bootloader and recovery + at the bottom of setting sound modes
5. Added a response to the call by applying the phone to your ear (Settings- ZenMotion- click on the text "Motion gestures" - the menu will open and you will place the appropriate checkboxes there). It does not work very well, it is necessary to apply it quite sharply to the ear, but it does work nonetheless. During the incoming call, hold the phone in front of you in your hand, bent at the elbow and along the arc, without bending the elbow, bring to the ear, there will be a pick-up
6. Start the camera by double pressing the volume buttons when the phone is sleeping and the screen is not lit (Settings-Lock Screen-Current Camera)
7. Advanced adjustment of screenshots (disabling / enabling the sound of the shutter, the format of screenshots). In the main Settings menu item "Screenshot"
8. Updated a bunch of services and applications to the extreme firmware of zenfon 2 5.0 184.108.40.206 and something borrowed from its own sewing zenfon 2 on 6.0.1
9. The menu of the recent applications as in 6.0.1 (flat)
10. Due to the lack of space in the system partition, massive sawing was necessary. The first thing, demolished the Asus Mobile Manager. This is the main evil, android himself is able to clean and programs know whether to auto-start them or not. If you think that if the asus mobile manager writes that 10000 applications were stopped by the autorun manager, then it does not mean that they all started, in fact, 10-15 pieces, and the rest did not work without the manager. In general, this rubbish with advertising and pictures, which only harms and eats. You can not try to put it from the market, write that the device is not supported
11. App powersaver and the modes themselves took from zenfon 2 and something under our devices adapted. Unlike some incomprehensible modes, they actually change something to the zenophon 5 and 6, for example, when switching from the performance mode to the optimal illumination of the screen, the brightness (inoutdoor mode) is slightly reduced and the frequency drops to 1600 MHz. And, in general, it is better to always use a productive mode, oddly enough, the battery holds better.
12. Accelerated update of the davick cache and it takes up less memory, however, there may be performance sagging the first minutes after reboots.
13. Full support for Asus Flip Cover 2
14. I borrowed the brightness levels of the display from Zenphon 2 and added a few to reduce the minimum manual and auto brightness
15. Firmware already rooted, built-in SuperSu
16 Modified ZenUI Launcher with autorotate homescreen, smooth scaling, extra font sizes, extra dock bar
16. Other, I forgot already what I added
Current known issues :
1. Randomly turn on camera led after wake screen with double tap/press power button. For turn off led should lock/unlock screen again
Folder with firmware on google disk. It is better to use browsers, and then clients cache rarely and slowly update. Link https://drive.google.com/drive/u/1/f...3ZOLUlNVEpSVEE
Kernel source here(github not working for me in present time): https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...y1YUnVZSFY5eTQ
BORETS ROM, ROM for the Asus Zenfone 5
Source Code: https://github.com/BORETS24/for-Zenfone-6-5.git
ROM OS Version: Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: Need unlocking bootloader
Based On: Stock
Last Updated 2019-08-16