[ViPER4AndroidFX][AudioMod] Install Latest ViPER4AndroidFX_v2.5.0.5 on Any ROMs

Search This thread

raven001

Mar 29, 2017
Hi juyel. I can't install viper4android in viper os rom .i tried install busybox in many version but still get fail when install viper driver . Can you help me?

Jan 13, 2016
Did you flashed the busy box which I have provided in the download section?

hi!
the mod soesnt work in viperOS rom.
error- busybox not installed. i have flashed the zip and tried via the app too, but it doesnt detect busybox. busybox checker apps detect bb installed.
i grabbed audio_config file from another rom with viper4android installed and pasted in system/etc now busybox error is gone but while installation new error is there which says.
driver installation failed i/o error. reboot and try again.
sugegst some fix please, if you are to install v4a in viperOS. it's a damn good rom

Last edited:

juyel92

Jan 18, 2017
Assam
hi!
the mod soesnt work in viperOS rom.
error- busybox not installed. i have flashed the zip and tried via the app too, but it doesnt detect busybox. busybox checker apps detect bb installed.
i grabbed audio_config file from another rom with viper4android installed and pasted in system/etc now busybox error is gone but while installation new error is there which says.
driver installation failed i/o error. reboot and try again.
sugegst some fix please, if you are to install v4a in viperOS. it's a damn good rom
This way it will not work. It will not install the driver in that way. I don't think that viper will install in viperOS. But you can try using any other busybox. But most probably it will not work i guess. I can't say more about this issues because i have never used the viperOS. So i don't know what is the main reason which causing error during installation of viper4android drivers. Without going through the viperOS ROM, i can't help you out bro.

raven001

Mar 29, 2017
This way it will not work. It will not install the driver in that way. I don't think that viper will install in viperOS. But you can try using any other busybox. But most probably it will not work i guess. I can't say more about this issues because i have never used the viperOS. So i don't know what is the main reason which causing error during installation of viper4android drivers. Without going through the viperOS ROM, i can't help you out bro.
You can try to use viper os sir if you want . here https://sourceforge.net/projects/nguyenhung9x/files/ choose last viper rom build

Reactions: juyel92

ssoni977

Apr 14, 2018
error

I flashed the viper and did everything you said and when I open the app it asked to install the driver and I did and then I went happily and reboot my phone and again open the app then it again asked to install the driver then I again did and reboot the device then open the app and then guess what it again asked the same thing and now you know what I did but nothing seems to work , I even install busybox and SElinux and set it to permissive but it is still not working what should I do bro
Asus_TOOJ Lolipop 5.0(WW _3.24.40.87_20151222)
if u think it can't be fixed then kindly let me how to uninstall it

Last edited:

ssoni977

Apr 14, 2018
uninstall

how do I uninstall it, (i installed it manually), so I can start from the beginning

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    viper4android.png

*** I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR DEVICE IS NOT BOOTING UP, DEVICE IS BRICKED, GOT BOOTLOOPED OR WHATEVER ***
    *** DO AT YOUR OWN RISK ***
    *** READ AND UNDERSTAND EACH AND EVERY STEPS CAREFULLY BEFORE PROCEEDING ***

The most commonly used Audio modification tool among the Android users is ViPER4Android. It has been making audio clearer and more perceptible on millions of Android devices out there. Today here, I will be guiding you on how to Install ViPER4Android on any ROM in your devices.
    After months and months of no activity, the Viper4Android developer zhuhang has finally announced the official 2.5.0.5 update. While primarily, the update aims at enabling users to install ViPER4Android on Nougat 7.x.x, it also incorporates some new features.

Code:
    CHANGELOG:
    New App icon, package name, and UI
    Added cross-channel (“quad channel”) convolver support. 
    This allows faithful reproduction of sound-field effects requiring such cross-channel convolution, such as simulation of speaker soundfield on headphones, or crosstalk cancellation (stereo widening) on stereo speakers.
    Added FET compressor (new compressor / limiter simulating operation of FET circuits)
    Support for custom settings storage path (no more looking everywhere in the phone for the settings directory!)
    Miscellaneous bug fixes.

Code:
    BUILD INFORMATION:
    Version: FX version 2.5.0.5 (active)
    Codename: (FX version) Beautiful
    Compiled date: September 1,2016 / September 4,2013 – Official Release
    Operating environment: Android 2.3 / 4.0 / 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 / 4.4 / 5.0 / 6.0 / 7.0/7.1/7.1.2
    CPU platforms: ARM (ARM CortexA8 or higher), x86(Atom/i3/i5/i7)
    Language: English (US) / Simplified Chinese / Traditional Chinese / more

Warning -
    Installing incorrect/incompatible mods on your Android device could be harmful. Please make sure that you are aware of the outcome and don’t forget to take a Nandroid backup of your current ROM before proceeding. DroidOrigin or any of its members shall not be held liable for any damage to your device. However, if you’re stuck, we will still try to pull you out of any troubles.
    [/CENTER]

Installing Viper4Android is pretty simple, given that you meet the requirements pre-hand. If you have found yourself in a sticky situation, then the steps below could be of help too.

Requirement -
    • Rooted Device.
    • TWRP recovery.
    • BusyBox 1.26.2
    • ES File Explorer or Any Root File Browser.

NOTE :
    There are two files provided in the download section below. One is for manually installing and another one is for directly flashing through twrp. Please download any one file whichever you want and then follow the correct steps for that file only. Before proceeding, please check whether you have downloaded the manual installation file or flashable file. If you have downloaded the manual installation file then follow the procedures for manually installing the app & drivers and if you have downloaded the flashable zip file then follow the procedures for flashing the zip file through TWRP and then installing the driver.​

Steps For Manually Installing ViPER4Android in your device-
    1. Now that you have everything setup correctly, download the official ViPER4Android for Nougat (FX 2.5.0.5) from below.

2. Extract the downloaded zip and it will contain two apks –
    • ViPER4Android_FX_v2505_A4.x-A7.x.apk
    • ViPER4Android_FX_v2505_A7.x_Nougat_IO_test_fix.apk

3. Since we are going to install Viper4Android on Nougat, we will just need the “ViPER4Android_FX_v2505_A7.x_Nougat_IO_test_fix.apk” file.

4. If you have downloaded it to your PC instead, just transfer the apk to your phone’s storage.

5. Before we head to the installation, open the ES File Explorer and grant it root permissions when prompted.

6. Open ES File Explorer and browse to the location where the apk is present. Copy the “ViPER4Android_FX_v2505_A7.x_Nougat_IO_test_fix.apk” file and move it to “/system/priv-app“.

7. We are not done yet. Long-press the file, tap on the 3-dot overflow button, and select Properties. And set its permission to -rw-r–r–, and select APPLY.

8. Reboot your device now.

9. Now go to the app drawer and run the ViPER4Android FX app. When you are asked for storage permissions, make sure to grant them.

10. A prompt will display for driver installation. Select Yes to confirm the driver installation process. You will also need to allow Superuser (root) permissions to the app.

11. Your phone’s screen may freeze, don’t worry just wait and do not exit the app. Your android system will popup that app is not responding, just press wait button. Let the app finish it's driver installation, so don't exit the app now. When the installation is successful, you will get a message. Tap OK and reboot your device.
    When your device reboots, you will have completely functional ViPER4Android on Nougat and other Android versions.
    If you have trouble in driver installation, read the troubleshooting section below or comment right away.

Steps For Installing ViPER4Android through TWRP in your devices
    1. Download the flashable zip file from below (Filename - ViPER4Android_2.5.0.5 (Flashable))

2. Reboot to recovery.

3. Flash the ViPER4Android_2.5.0.5 (Flashable).zip file.

4. Reboot system.

5. When device is booted up properly, then open the ViPER4Android app.

6. If it will ask root permission then grant the root permission.

7. It will popup a message for installing the driver. Just tap ok and wait for installing the driver.

8. Your phone’s screen may freeze, don’t worry just wait and do not exit the app. Your android system will popup that app is not responding, just press wait button. Let the app finish it's driver installation, so don't exit the app now. When the installation is successful, you will get a message. Tap OK and reboot your device.
    When your device reboots, you will have completely functional ViPER4Android on Nougat and other Android versions.

NOTE : PLEASE DISABLE YOUR DEFAULT MUSICFX OR AUDIOFX IN ORDER TO USE ViPER4AndroidFX​

Credits -
    zhuhang for developing the ViPER4Android
    ViPER4Android Team
    and many more.
    (If I have missed anyone's name then please PM me for that)

You can download the ViPER4Android FX_version2.5.0.5 from below. Please follow the steps properly otherwise you will end up with problems.
    Troubleshooting -

If your driver installation has failed, then there could be few reasons behind it. Follow the simple steps below and check if anything helps.

• Getting “Driver instal failed: I/O error, please reboot and try again”? Then read step again.
    • Uninstall the current busybox and switch to a different app to install busybox on your Android.
    • The most reliable and widely used method to root and manage permissions is SuperSU. If you’re using any other root method, uninstall that and opt for SuperSU.
    • Driver installation was successful, but V4A is still not working? The most common reason behind this is that your device may have other sound mods or tweaks installed. Disable them and completely remove them if possible.
    • On some devices, you may require to change your SELinux status from “Enforcing” to “Permissive”. You can do that by using the SELinuxToggler.
    • If nothing above has worked for you, then you may try switching to a different ROM as your last resort.
    • If you still have problems, comment below and don’t forget to mention your device model, ROM, and Android version.
    If you are using RessurectionRemix_5.8.3 then please re-flash the SU addon and flash the busybox_1.26.2 which I have provided in the main post. After that follow the instruction from the main post. I have solved the problem related to driver installation failed.
    Please before proceeding next, re-flash the SU Addon and busybox and then follow the steps which I have said.
    Also if you have renamed "audio_effects.conf" to "audio_effects.conf.bak" then please rename it back to "audio_effects.conf". Just remove the ".bak" from the file and save it. If you follow each steps correctly then you will successfully install the ViPER4Android app.
    Guys who can tell me which is the best config to use with DT 770 headphones?

One more thing: I think the app has a bug. When I load a profile the sound only changes when I enter in the FIREqualizer. S
    I have already posted the list of profile to use. Please take a look at previous posts of mine. You will a profile.zip file in which 40+ configuration are there to select.

(OR)

You can download it from below.
    Unzip it and paste it in viper4android folder which is located in internal storage.
    thank you the driver has successfully installed
    Its work bro ,thank you
    Sure i do it..
    I'm glad to hear that from you my friends.? Now enjoy the crisp and clear audio quality. Enjoy the deep high bass by using Asus headphone.
    And don't forget to hit the "Thanks" ? button.