FORUMS

Xposed working flawlessly on Zenfone 5Q/lite zc600kl

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By Shakez619, Junior Member on 19th August 2018, 03:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Used Twrp to flash SuperSU installed Xposed framework installer and flashed the nougat sdk.
Modules are working
Zuper
Lucky patcher
Gravitybox
3C
One tap video downloader
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180819-100941.jpg
Views:	704
Size:	183.8 KB
ID:	4575881   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20180819-102329.jpg
Views:	694
Size:	214.3 KB
ID:	4575883  
24th August 2018, 07:29 AM |#2  
Flag Austin
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Few quick questions. Did you use the official Asus unlock app? Can you post a link to the twrp download?
6th September 2018, 12:32 PM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakez619

Used Twrp to flash SuperSU installed Xposed framework installer and flashed the nougat sdk.
Modules are working
Zuper
Lucky patcher
Gravitybox
3C
One tap video downloader

Where did you get the TWRP? Can you give me the link?

I want to install magisk and enable camera2 api so I can install gcam
8th September 2018, 05:34 PM |#4  
Flag Austin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DumDumBumBum

You don't need trwp to install magisk. You can use magisk manager to patch the stock boot image, then adb push to install the patch boot image to your device. There are plenty of tutorials on how to do this here on XDA.
8th September 2018, 05:38 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rk1ll

You don't need trwp to install magisk. You can use magisk manager to patch the stock boot image, then adb push to install the patch boot image to your device. There are plenty of tutorials on how to do this here on XDA.

Yeah i know, but haven't try it myself and I usually use twrp to install it. That's why I lack the confidence to do so 😂.

Have you tried rooting your zenfone 5q?
8th September 2018, 05:50 PM |#6  
Flag Austin

More
Quote:

Yeah i know, but haven't try it myself and I usually use twrp to install it. That's why I lack the confidence to do so 😂.

I have not yet, I'm waiting for an unlock method that is reversable, I have however used magisk to patch boot images on some of my other devices that don't have twrp available.

---------- Post added at 05:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:44 PM ----------

Quote:

Which part makes you uncomfortable? Is it patching the image or using adb push?
9th September 2018, 07:53 AM |#7  
Flag Ipoh
Thanks Meter: 96

More
But bro, feels like you posted in the wrong forum. This forum is for Zenfone 5 x86 A500CG/ A501CG.
9th September 2018, 07:36 PM |#8  
Flag Austin

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzj4213

But bro, feels like you posted in the wrong forum. This forum is for Zenfone 5 x86 A500CG/ A501CG.

Is there a dedicated forum for the 5q? I've looked on the app and haven't found one. I find threads for it in all kinds of places though.
10th September 2018, 10:32 AM |#9  
Flag Ipoh
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyb3rk1ll

Is there a dedicated forum for the 5q? I've looked on the app and haven't found one. I find threads for it in all kinds of places though.

Well yeah somehow, maybe you can make a request to the moderators? Or maybe use some kind of tag temporarily?
20th September 2018, 05:34 AM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:

Soon after making my original post I downloaded the stock rom from the Asus support page the same place I got the bootloader unlock app from.
After flashing I got brave or stupid and found a site that had a TWRP for the zc600kl so i said what the hell and installed the TWRP idk if I can link it here but I'm sure they'll get rid of it if it isn't.
https://mega.nz/#!OuJHnaJR!aUTwAtRcE...EzC35YajMkSOns

It turned out to be TWRP 3.2.3.0 and works perfectly. only issue I had was during the Magisk installation, twrp couldn't mount anything. turns out it was showing my internal storage as 0 but it was an extremely easy fix! all I had to do was just change the phones storage file system from it's original to another then immediately back to the original file system (can't remember specifics) within the twrp advanced menu I think, but it worked just fine and my internal storage read the correct size. Found fix on YouTube easily.
I installed magisk flawlessly then installed xposed seamless now have the best of both and everything is working great phone is stable no issues at all I'm very pleased,
Safety net check fails but IDC I don't need it.
Ridiculously easy root I love this phone 😂🤣 oh and now I have iOS 11 Emojis lol

Hope this helps all you Zenfone 5Q zc600kl owners out there.
If anyone wishes to know anything else PM me I'll try to help.
😄😃👍
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shakez619 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Shakez619 Ad-Free
27th December 2018, 10:31 AM |#11  
Flag Bateau Bay
Thanks Meter: 25

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakez619

Soon after making my original post I downloaded the stock rom from the Asus support page the same place I got the bootloader unlock app from.
After flashing I got brave or stupid and found a site that had a TWRP for the zc600kl so i said what the hell and installed the TWRP idk if I can link it here but I'm sure they'll get rid of it if it isn't.
https://mega.nz/#!OuJHnaJR!aUTwAtRcE...EzC35YajMkSOns

It turned out to be TWRP 3.2.3.0 and works perfectly. only issue I had was during the Magisk installation, twrp couldn't mount anything. turns out it was showing my internal storage as 0 but it was an extremely easy fix! all I had to do was just change the phones storage file system from it's original to another then immediately back to the original file system (can't remember specifics) within the twrp advanced menu I think, but it worked just fine and my internal storage read the correct size. Found fix on YouTube easily.
I installed magisk flawlessly then installed xposed seamless now have the best of both and everything is working great phone is stable no issues at all I'm very pleased,
Safety net check fails but IDC I don't need it.
Ridiculously easy root I love this phone 🤣 oh and now I have iOS 11 Emojis lol

Hope this helps all you Zenfone 5Q zc600kl owners out there.
If anyone wishes to know anything else PM me I'll try to help.

Just tried with this and it says it's too big when flashing and fails ZF5Q ZC600kl (X017D)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)