Experimental TWRP for the Asus Zenfone 5z
This is a very experimental version of TWRP. Use at your own risk.
I am posting this now because it seems there is no other development and perhaps this can stimulate development for the 5z.
Due to lack of time (full time job, wife, kids and a master), i cant promise any quick development.
ROM development is stuck due to the fact that i cant get a system image booting at the moment.
- Bootloader needs to be unlocked
- You need adb and fastboot
- Boot into bootloader (from the stock rom use adb reboot bootloader)
- Check the current active slot, change the slot to the other slot (if current active slot = a then use b. If b, then use a)
- Switch slot by using fastboot set_active <a|b>
- Just to be sure use fastboot reboot bootloader and check if the slot has changed.
- Download link of the boot image: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid...78262903990756
- Flash the boot image by using fastboot flash boot boot.img
- Select recovery from bootloader
By booting back to stock, boot into bootloader and use fastboot set_active <a|b> to switch back the slot and reboot.
Device tree: https://github.com/scanno/android_device_asus_ZS620KL
What is working:
- TWRP boots
- External SDCard
What needs testing:
- Decryption by wiping
[EXPERIMENTAL] TWRP for Zenfone 5z (ZS620KL), ROM for the Asus Zenfone 5Z
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 4.x
Last Updated 2018-08-25
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|