FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][UNOFFICIAL][9.0.0][Z01R] LineageOS 16.0

2,876 posts
Thanks Meter: 7,732

By jackeagle, Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer on 23rd February 2019, 06:43 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from jackeagle: Lineage16.0 for Asus Zenfone 5z
11th June 2019, 09:36 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kail2011

@jackeagle, it has been a while, just wanted to know if you are still active with this effort. Thanks

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ maybe he isn't

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
12th June 2019, 06:34 AM |#62  
OP Retired Forum Moderator / Recognized Developer
Flag XDA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kail2011

@jackeagle, it has been a while, just wanted to know if you are still active with this effort. Thanks

Yes its been a while nd would like to tell that Almost all bugs are fixed but why we are holding the release is because of Signal Strength and Data bug. Because of Asus mess these stuffs are refusing to work though we tried all sorts of stuffs it just refuses to work. Hence we are trying to get that fixed
Rest assured that development is not dead.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th June 2019, 01:55 PM |#63  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeagle

Yes its been a while nd would like to tell that Almost all bugs are fixed but why we are holding the release is because of Signal Strength and Data bug. Because of Asus mess these stuffs are refusing to work though we tried all sorts of stuffs it just refuses to work. Hence we are trying to get that fixed
Rest assured that development is not dead.

Waiting for bugless source...to build for this awesome device
Keep up your hardwork mate
14th June 2019, 04:25 PM |#64  
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Maybe the source should be published as is.

Having more eyes on the code could help.
18th June 2019, 09:43 AM |#65  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi and thanks for your great work so far!

I installed the TWRP 3.3.0 and flashed LOS 16 from this post. I am still experiencing the Sound issue, and when I try to flash GAPPS it tells me that I need to use the version for Android 8.0 and not 9.
Do I have to use the TWRP version listed in this post for these things to work properly for some reason?
Thank you!
19th June 2019, 04:47 PM |#66  
Quote:
Originally Posted by X-san

They won't.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ASUS_Z01RD met Tapatalk
21st June 2019, 06:58 AM |#67  
Flag XDA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by scanno

They won't.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn ASUS_Z01RD met Tapatalk

Quote:

Its not like we are hiding sources for our benefits. We have kept sources private because over the years we have seen what happens when we publish sources which has a major bug with it. Within no time 100 of roms will come up here having same bugs that we have currently and when users complain about it in respective threads they will be redirected to here and it will become a big mess. not to mention the amount of ETA posts that pop along with it asking when this will be fixed and when that will be fixed. I have seen this a lot over the years and hence is why until major bug is pending sources wont be published. If all major functionality works then at least there is no trouble for any rom's to come up here because users at least can enjoy what they got. here we have a major bug so until its fixed it will remain private.
Kindly understand our perspective
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
21st June 2019, 07:29 PM |#68  
Flag Omaha, NE
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackeagle

Its not like we are hiding sources for our benefits. We have kept sources private because over the years we have seen what happens when we publish sources which has a major bug with it. Within no time 100 of roms will come up here having same bugs that we have currently and when users complain about it in respective threads they will be redirected to here and it will become a big mess. not to mention the amount of ETA posts that pop along with it asking when this will be fixed and when that will be fixed. I have seen this a lot over the years and hence is why until major bug is pending sources wont be published. If all major functionality works then at least there is no trouble for any rom's to come up here because users at least can enjoy what they got. here we have a major bug so until its fixed it will remain private.
Kindly understand our perspective

I wasn't accusing you of anything. Just a friendly suggestion from someone who works with foss.
The Following User Says Thank You to X-san For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift X-san Ad-Free
22nd June 2019, 01:45 PM |#69  
Flag XDA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I wasn't accusing you of anything. Just a friendly suggestion from someone who works with foss.

Ya ya i know It was generic response Hopefully we will have good one soon
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2019, 04:14 PM |#70  
Flag XDA

Donate to Me
More
So guys finally RIL and Data bug fixed So here it is now!
Download from : Post#2

Changelog:

• Fixed RIL and Data (All)
  • Fixed Signal strength issues
  • Fixed Camera glitches
  • Fixed Audio issues on latest firmware
  • Kernel upstreamed to 4.9.183
  • Merged latest firmware release on kernel

The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to jackeagle For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th June 2019, 04:31 PM |#71  
Flag Chennai
Thanks Meter: 6

More
I know it's too early to ask, but compared to stock is the battery life better?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)