FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[GUIDE][ZS620KL][Update 07.01.2019] 5Z How to unlock root up/downgrade and unbrick

136 posts
Thanks Meter: 63
 
By isthisadagger, Senior Member on 13th July 2018, 11:59 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st July 2018, 01:56 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
My Zenfone 5z isn't being detected in fastboot mode, kindly help with correct driver softwares, my PC is running on Windows 10
Update : I got my phone to detect in fastboot
 
 
21st July 2018, 04:26 AM |#12  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
How to wipe cache partition
Hi,

I am able to boot into recovery on Z5z but not able to see "wipe cache partition" option. I only see a wipe data/factory reset option.

I want to wipe cache to see if battery life improves. Can anyone let me know how to do this?

Thanks
22nd July 2018, 05:48 PM |#13  
isthisadagger's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by chandru.biradar2

Does unbricking lock the bootloader back since we will be flashing a raw a file.

No.
22nd July 2018, 11:56 PM |#14  
Eagle1337's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 145
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly66

Hi,

I am able to boot into recovery on Z5z but not able to see "wipe cache partition" option. I only see a wipe data/factory reset option.

I want to wipe cache to see if battery life improves. Can anyone let me know how to do this?

Thanks

Honestly killing the cache rarely helps things.
23rd July 2018, 07:09 PM |#15  
Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
More
hi guys how to do this on Macbook pro? Any clues?
24th July 2018, 11:41 AM |#16  
isthisadagger's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanudl

hi guys how to do this on Macbook pro? Any clues?

I do not have any experience with mac os but if you want to root:
Adb/fastboot is available for mac os. All you need to do is find a tool to extract the boot.img from the payload.bin.
If you want to downgrade/unbrick: You would need to convert the bat/cmd files in the full firmware to some shell scripts and exchange the fastboot.exe.
24th July 2018, 12:05 PM |#17  
Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
How do I un-root, re-lock bootloader?
25th July 2018, 07:49 AM |#18  
isthisadagger's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 63
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ferez

How do I un-root, re-lock bootloader?

unroot: You press "uninstall" in magisk manager or install an updated firmware without patching boot.img or downgrade.
I have not tried re-locking the bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to isthisadagger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift isthisadagger Ad-Free
25th July 2018, 10:10 PM |#19  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98
 
More
So if I'm getting this right, after unlocking the bootloader I will not get OTA updates.
But I will be able to download the latest version (SKU) from Asus and put it in /sdcard/ folder, and rebooting will start the update of the new firmware.

Is this correct?

Kind regards
/Jens
26th July 2018, 05:07 AM |#20  
Account currently disabled
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 237
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jens13

So if I'm getting this right, after unlocking the bootloader I will not get OTA updates.
But I will be able to download the latest version (SKU) from Asus and put it in /sdcard/ folder, and rebooting will start the update of the new firmware.

Is this correct?

Kind regards
/Jens

You won't get OTAs + your warranty is voided (due to unlocking Officially)

Yes, you can update your phone by sideloading the zip from ASUS Support Website
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Saktis_STi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Saktis_STi Ad-Free
26th July 2018, 11:46 AM |#21  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 98
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saktis_STi

You won't get OTAs + your warranty is voided (due to unlocking Officially)

Yes, you can update your phone by sideloading the zip from ASUS Support Website

Thanks
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
downgrade, root, unbrick, zs620kl

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes