Zenfone 5 ZE620KL Project Treble GSI Test

Search This thread
After days of deciding..

Yes!! i have risked my device warranty for the sake of fun and excitement. HAHA LOL
For those who asked if we can flash Treble GSI (Generic System Image) on our device. The answer is Yes, FOR ME AT LEAST!
No complicated steps or whatsoever.

I just followed the steps from this link and downloaded the GSI of my choice. CREDITS TO ALL THE DEVELOPERS WHO WORKED FOR THIS PROJECT.
https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-generic-system-image-project-treble-device/

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I will not be held accountable to whatever happens to your device. This post is just to prove that indeed our device is treble enabled.

Some important things to note:
- You have backup of your data
- You have a working ADB
- There might be functionalities that is not working at the moment (Read the changelogs of your GSI choice before downloading)
- The notch looks bad on these builds (Android P might be able to fix this when it arrives)
- Your device should be in stock ROM (no heavy modifications such as xposed , magisk etc..) ROOT Not needed
- You should put your device on factory reset before trying this.

I have attached some screenshots of my test.

LINK TO Treble-Enabled Device Dev
https://xdaforums.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development

THANK ME LATER! PEACE OUT!

Attachments

• IMG_0218.jpg
    IMG_0218.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 9,078
  • IMG_0220.jpg
    IMG_0220.jpg
    39.9 KB · Views: 8,908
  • IMG_0216.jpg
    IMG_0216.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 8,882
  • IMG_0217.jpg
    IMG_0217.jpg
    270.5 KB · Views: 9,057

jrd1990

Apr 1, 2015
Sir could you possibly upload the stock recovery.img of our device.? im stuck on TWRP and i cant flash regular OTA update from there :(

Chinaphonearena

Dec 8, 2013
Excellent job. Thank you. I understand the camera is basic, but how is image quality? Looking forward to Google Camera port tests. And perhaps the ZE620KL fully ported so can make use of the landscape camera. Not a huge deal, but would be nice, no?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    After days of deciding..

Yes!! i have risked my device warranty for the sake of fun and excitement. HAHA LOL
    For those who asked if we can flash Treble GSI (Generic System Image) on our device. The answer is Yes, FOR ME AT LEAST!
    No complicated steps or whatsoever.

I just followed the steps from this link and downloaded the GSI of my choice. CREDITS TO ALL THE DEVELOPERS WHO WORKED FOR THIS PROJECT.
    https://www.xda-developers.com/flash-generic-system-image-project-treble-device/

TRY THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK! I will not be held accountable to whatever happens to your device. This post is just to prove that indeed our device is treble enabled.

Some important things to note:
    - You have backup of your data
    - You have a working ADB
    - There might be functionalities that is not working at the moment (Read the changelogs of your GSI choice before downloading)
    - The notch looks bad on these builds (Android P might be able to fix this when it arrives)
    - Your device should be in stock ROM (no heavy modifications such as xposed , magisk etc..) ROOT Not needed
    - You should put your device on factory reset before trying this.

I have attached some screenshots of my test.

LINK TO Treble-Enabled Device Dev
    https://xdaforums.com/project-treble/trebleenabled-device-development

THANK ME LATER! PEACE OUT!
    hey folks,
    it's been while, since i lurked here aroud. Found nothing rly helpful around xda about it, but is there a well working gsi for ze620kl?
    Last time i tried some of the developments, there where device specific problems, like no fingerprint and no notch support.
    How is it working now ?

I'm using AOSIP Pie GSI, and there's no bug. All working (for fingerprint you have to flash a magisk module but it works after that). Before this, I used PE and it also has no bug. You can hide the notch completely like on pixel 3 xl.
    Ok so last night Iv'e flashed this rom as well, it's mostly very smooth in comparison to the stock one, but there are some issues:

1) The notch is ignored and notification icons go underneath it. Icons on the top right and to left corners are cut due to the curved edges of the screen.
    2) Some settings seem to not do anything when toggled on, like setting the Dark Theme - it just stays the same.
    3) No way to use the wide angle camera (the Asus camera apk i extracted from the stock ROM cannot launch)
    4) No Face Unlock
    5) I cannot turn off any of the SIM cards, which is weird
    6) Cannot set the amount of haptic feedback, just on/off
    7) Some more stuff that i forgot

On the positive side, system is snappier, camera\wifi\bluetooth\4g are working

You guys said the issues with the notch were fixed, which version did you install? Do you also experience the issues above?
    Iv'e installed the latest from phhusson

The basic notch issue had been fixed, which is the statusbar size. But rest of them requires slightly more tinkering. If you'd make a mockup of an AOSP or LOS screenshot with elements positioned properly + the original screenshot, I'd look into it (likely trough kanging the LOS changes used on OP6). You need the clock to be on the left, I guess? Then start with LOS. Also, you may help yourself in use/mockup by trying this: https://www.xda-developers.com/google-pixel-2-rounded-screen-corners/
    If you happen to find good values, report them here.

If you want to cooperate quicker, join t.me/phhtreble
    Everything functional?, no bugs?

The only bug i have notice so far in PixelExperience is sometimes mobile data does not turned on when you toggle it in the quick tiles. you have to restart your phone then it will work after that.
    Nice. I've managed to install Pixel Dust Pie GSI on my ZE620KL and it's so much better then the stock ROM, I have installed the GCAM (google camera) and the portrait mode is very superior then the original one, and the night mode is veeeeery good. The dark mode, the battery, the clean visual, faster facial unlock, AOD etc...