FORUMS

Quick Charge 4 Charger Charges Faster Than The 18w Charger?

221 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By sedp23, Senior Member on 31st August 2019, 05:25 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was watching this video (https://youtu.be/D0ShDrNGaP8) at the 4:42 mark he said if you want to charge faster than the 18w charging get a quick charge 4.0 charger

Has anyone tested this yet? Will a quick charge 4.0 charger charge faster than the 18w charger included with the phone? If so how much faster

Sent from my ASUS_Z01RD using Tapatalk
1st September 2019, 09:09 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
QC4 is 27W, 9V*3A
The Following User Says Thank You to morote For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift morote Ad-Free
4th September 2019, 04:07 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by morote

QC4 is 27W, 9V*3A

Has anyone tested this to see if that charges the phone faster than the included 18w charger?

4th September 2019, 09:58 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
There's a reason that Asus went with 18W charging and 5000mAh instead of faster fast charging and a smaller battery. The 5000mAh battery isn't designed to charge faster (doesn't have a thick enough separator between anode and cathode). If you charge faster than 18W, it will heat up too much and the battery will both degrade and swell faster. I wouldn't recommend it.
5th September 2019, 10:29 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by resident0915

There's a reason that Asus went with 18W charging and 5000mAh instead of faster fast charging and a smaller battery. The 5000mAh battery isn't designed to charge faster (doesn't have a thick enough separator between anode and cathode). If you charge faster than 18W, it will heat up too much and the battery will both degrade and swell faster. I wouldn't recommend it.

Even with the ai charging built in? Isn't it suppose to limit the charge to the battery preserving the life of the battery

5th September 2019, 02:33 PM |#6  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 14

More
If there is no official 27W, I'll forget about it.
26th September 2019, 12:47 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kataeb

If there is no official 27W, I'll forget about it.

But how can they say they support quick charge 4.0 with a 18w charger when that was the same 18w they used with the 5z which was quick charge 3.0? I'm confused about that

26th September 2019, 07:53 AM |#8  
Thanks Meter: 73

More
Quick charge 4.0 is a charging standard and meeting it doesn't mean how fast it will charge but which charger will allow fast charging. Asus most probably set limit to 18W and the phone won't draw anything more than that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)