FORUMS

[GUIDE] QDLoader 9008 fix | EDL Mode fix

21 posts
Thanks Meter: 10

By goldman1993, Junior Member on 8th October 2019, 11:00 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi everyone,
If your phone does not react on any of yours actions. You may have the same problem. This is an instruction how to fix it.
If you have a last version of Windows 10 you can easily check if it is your case (You will have "Qualcomm HS-USB QDLoader 9008" device at your Windows devices' list.

How to Fix:
1. Download Drivers Qualcomm_QDLoader_HS-USB_Driver_64bit_Setup.zip and install it.
2. Download firmware link1 or link2
3. Install the driver
4. Unpack a firmware archive
5. Power off your phone by pressing Voice Down + Power Buttons (If your phone would be in this state too long the script would not works).
6. Start update_image_EDL.bat script - it will recreate all of the partitions
7. After the script will finish you will see the bootloader
8. Start script flashall_AFT.cmd - it will install firmware to the new partitions
9. Download fresh official firmware from asus site and put the archive at your memory card.
10. Start bootloader
11. Go to a standard recovery mode and install this firmware form the card
12. restart and repeat 10-11 (it will install software at the second state)
13. The problem is fixed. Congratulations!

Common problems:
Exception: System.DLLNotFoundException: DLL "QMSL_MSVC10R.dll": Module was not found. (HRESULT: 0x8007007E) can not be loaded.
Solution: You need to install Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package MFC. Thanks to Genim
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to goldman1993 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift goldman1993 Ad-Free
9th October 2019, 07:22 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
can you please update the post with the links to the software? thanks
9th October 2019, 07:38 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by admirdante

can you please update the post with the links to the software? thanks

I tried, but this was my first message, so I could not manage to do it (I need at least 10 messages). However, I report it to a moderator teams. I hope they will do it for me.
10th October 2019, 01:42 AM |#4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Huizhou
Thanks Meter: 2,425

Donate to Me
More
Hi OP,
I have edited the links into first post for you. Enjoy.

Jerry
Forum Moderator
The Following User Says Thank You to jerryhou85 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jerryhou85 Ad-Free
13th October 2019, 01:41 AM |#5  
Flag Philadelphia
Thanks Meter: 48

More
Thank you so much OP. You saved my phone. It's been in Edl mode for about 2 months. Now it's up and running again.

Guys if I can add one thing to the OP post .. Make sure you plug the phone in and let it charge for awhile before attempting. Once you get to the fastboot mode it will not allow you to continue if your battery is too low. I understand that you can't tell what percentage the battery is but just let it charge for 2 hours and then do the whole process. I had to stop when I got to the fastboot stuff. And then continue after 2 hours on the charge.
13th October 2019, 07:58 PM |#6  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by st3wart

Thank you so much OP..

You are welcome. It took some time, so I decided to publish it.
Quote:

I understand that you can't tell what percentage the battery is but just let it charge for 2 hours and then do the whole process.

In fact I can. I intentionally bricked my phone 3 times to write the simplest possible tutorial (my first solution was too long, because I could not understand why the problem was fixed).
I could not implement this solution when I had 6 per cent of battery, but it worked ok when I had 11 per cent. I can guess, that if it more than 10% - it is ok to implement this tutorial.
13th October 2019, 10:54 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

Thank you so much OP. You saved my phone.

I'm glad it worked for you! I made it into FastBoot Mode, but when I select Recovery, it puts me back into FastBootMode.
Am I missing something or did something not work properly? Don't know how to flash the official firmware now.
13th October 2019, 10:58 PM |#8  
Flag Philadelphia

More
In fastboot mode... Go to the extracted files and double click on the flashall_aft file and sit back and wait until it finishes.
13th October 2019, 11:21 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:

In fastboot mode... Go to the extracted files and double click on the flashall_aft file and sit back and wait until it finishes.

I did click it. It opened and closed cmd too fast for me to read though.
13th October 2019, 11:23 PM |#10  
Flag Philadelphia

More
That's what it did when my battery was low... Go plug your phone in with the original charger for an hour and then go directly to your PC and plug it in and double click that file and it should do it's job.

Also check to make sure your antivirus isn't blocking the file. Mine blocked access to it for whatever reason.
14th October 2019, 08:59 AM |#11  
OP Junior Member

More
Quote:

I did click it. It opened and closed cmd too fast for me to read though.

It looks like st3wart's answer is correct. I faced the same behavior when my phone had 6 per cent of battery. This problem was fixed as soon as my phone had 11 per cent of the battery. Thus you should try to charge it before starting the script.
Furthermore, if you would still face this problem you can copy files fastboot_.log and test1.txt and share all of logs with us (or just find the error by yourself).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)