FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Asus Zenfone 6 Google Camera APK/Gcam Mod

116 posts
Thanks Meter: 64

By Onepunchbro, Senior Member on 23rd May 2019, 05:03 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Asus Zenfone 6 Google Camera APK/Gcam Mod.

Anyone with Zenfone 6 please share the compatibility with Gcam 6.1 or 6.2. This phone has near stock android and Sony IMX 586 sensor so i think it will have great gcam support. I wonder if third party camera app will be able to trigger the flip camera, for example shooting selfie with the 48mp camera using gcam.

Updated : 12/06/19 : Asus is sending Zenfone 6 to @Arnova8G2 for development https://www.xda-developers.com/asus-...wrp-lineageos/

Arnova release the first gcam for Zenfone 6, supports 48MP HDR+ Enhanced https://www.celsoazevedo.com/files/a...2-beta/#apk935

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arnova8G2

This is a first version of test the next version will be better.
For good use
- clean the app cache
in the settings (Option HDR +)
RAW Format = RAW10
Image Format = YUV_420_888

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Onepunchbro For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Onepunchbro Ad-Free

23rd May 2019, 06:53 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
You may want to try GCam for Mi9 or OP7 since they have the same sensor
29th May 2019, 08:26 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
I'm keen to see the results.
29th May 2019, 03:20 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
I'm curious what kind of Camera2Api lvl is available. I hope it's full LEVEL_3.
29th May 2019, 05:56 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BykuAllmighty

I'm curious what kind of Camera2Api lvl is available. I hope it's full LEVEL_3.

Level 2 according to TechTablets: https://youtu.be/GMplpTGC4vY?t=440
29th May 2019, 07:27 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjelo

Level 2 according to TechTablets: ?t=440

I'm a little naive on what the different levels mean. What is the significance of level 2
29th May 2019, 08:35 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 45

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidUK2016

I'm a little naive on what the different levels mean. What is the significance of level 2

Theoretically we shouldn't be able to shoot RAW, but from the information i've gathered we can shoot raw in stock camera app. I don't know how's the situation in 3rd party apps.
I'm worried a bit about gcam now. How will it work without full level_3 support.
The Following User Says Thank You to BykuAllmighty For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift BykuAllmighty Ad-Free
30th May 2019, 03:37 AM |#8  
Flag Chiang Mai
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Quote:

Theoretically we shouldn't be able to shoot RAW, but from the information i've gathered we can shoot raw in stock camera app. I don't know how's the situation in 3rd party apps.
I'm worried a bit about gcam now. How will it work without full level_3 support.

Many phones also have full support instead of level 3 and gcam works fine. Including zenfone 5z.
Without raw support, (sony phone) the gcam will not work.
The Following User Says Thank You to mickey36736 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mickey36736 Ad-Free
1st June 2019, 03:28 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Quote:

Dunno much about this stuff but I downloaded the Camera2 API Probe app on my Xiaomi Mix 3 just to see what the results are, and they are the same as the ones in TechTablet's Zenfone 6 video. And GCam works perfectly fine on my Mix 3. So it should work on the Zenfone 6 as well. The question that remains is, will the camera flip when switching to selfie cam in GCam? I haven't seen anyone test GCam on this phone yet.
1st June 2019, 04:45 AM |#10  
Flag Chiang Mai
Thanks Meter: 263

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho246

Dunno much about this stuff but I downloaded the Camera2 API Probe app on my Xiaomi Mix 3 just to see what the results are, and they are the same as the ones in TechTablet's Zenfone 6 video. And GCam works perfectly fine on my Mix 3. So it should work on the Zenfone 6 as well. The question that remains is, will the camera flip when switching to selfie cam in GCam? I haven't seen anyone test GCam on this phone yet.

Yeah, that is surprising.
On my zenfone 5z, I'm using this version and it works perfectly.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/10w7...w?usp=drivesdk
It's based on arnova last 6.2.024 version with aux support. Should work on zenfone 6.
1st June 2019, 07:33 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 22

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jericho246

Tested, the camera switch works great but the app is overall laggish and takes no picture
The Following User Says Thank You to Pipould For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pipould Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)