[ROM][OMS][AOKP] [N 7.1.1r6] [Official][Z00A/Z008] Asus Zenfone 2[Nightlies]

Search This thread

musicman5844

Jan 27, 2016
OnePlus 9 Pro
In the near future would we see the new rootless substratum with float UI ,,and steady nightly builds as it's 3/5/2017 thanks for a wonderful rom that is by far the best rom yet..

Reactions: C-Ph87

stork321

Jul 25, 2015
Links unavailable. Any alternative links to download? Thank You.

Edit:
The links are working now. Thank you.

This is my 1st time flashing this ROM, when you mean "latest version" meaning on the latest date? example in March build, should I download and flash the March 1 build then flash the March 10 OTA or I should flash the March 10 OTA only?

Last edited:

stork321

Jul 25, 2015
A great rom. Please add NFC icon on the status bar whenever its turned on. Thank you. ;)

stork321

Jul 25, 2015
The 3/12 build is great. Now its being more snappier and smoother than the previous one.. Also I have discovered that the CPU clockspeed of the previous build was just 500mhz on 4 cores and I think that contributes to sluggishness.. Its gone now on the latest build. Still, that lockscreen issue while using PIN as security is still present where you can experience sluggishness while entering the PIN and at first attempt the device is not unlocked even you entered the correct PIN. The device will say that its inccorect and you will wait approximately 30 seconds to enter again and this time, its is unlocked. Its no a big deal but everytime you open your device, you can't go directly to homescreen.. Hope this will be fixed in the future updates.

Thank You for this great ROM. Been a fan of AOKP since my Galaxy Note 2. ;)

Reactions: shifty1023

stork321

Jul 25, 2015
I really love the way you release an update everyday. I really appreciate the effort. ;) So far from all of those updates, the builds of @maingear and @garagehp were the best. most stable and balanced and with the best RAM management. I really commend to that. I would like to tell about the @samson build regarding its shortcomings. sometimjes its stucked in 500mhz clockespeed of cpu that makes it sometimes sluggish especially in keyboard typing. Thank you for the untiring effort. I want to see more and improved things from my favorite ROM ever. ;)

Last edited:

timbernot

Sep 20, 2013
N/W UK
Gonna test this , thanks @Druboo666
noticed , there is a recovery.img for nearly all otas, 3 0 3 M4 not sufficient ? . Downloaded your recent rec.img just incase .
Anyway will test either way :)
***EDIT***
Flashed ok with 3 0 3 M4 recovery

Last edited:

stork321

Jul 25, 2015
Can you now charge the phone with it powered off?

yes you can. ;)

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

Gonna test this , thanks @Druboo666
noticed , there is a recovery.img for nearly all otas, 3 0 3 M4 not sufficient ? . Downloaded your recent rec.img just incase .
Anyway will test either way :)
***EDIT***
Flashed ok with 3 0 3 M4 recovery

that's the same question in my mind. I didn't use those recoveries for I use only the 3.0.3M4 and it works flawlessly. I don't know the advantage of those recoveries.

well in the instructions, its just TWRP so it should be fine witn 3.0.3m4 for now, as long as it works. :D

Reactions: jaed.43725

timbernot

Sep 20, 2013
N/W UK
3hrs 25 mins SOT , over a 27hr period , including downloading and install an update , 4G plus some wifi - a bit of sat nav too.
All in all - Not too bad .
Loving the dark theme :) -- testing some more -- a few days more when bat levels out will post screen shots of bat stats :)

JBolho

Nov 8, 2011
Porto
Oppo Reno8 Lite
3hrs 25 mins SOT , over a 27hr period , including downloading and install an update , 4G plus some wifi - a bit of sat nav too.
All in all - Not too bad .
Loving the dark theme :) -- testing some more -- a few days more when bat levels out will post screen shots of bat stats :)

How is your network speed on 4G? I'm on Slim7 and my mobile speed is less than half than stock.

timbernot

Sep 20, 2013
N/W UK
How is your network speed on 4G? I'm on Slim7 and my mobile speed is less than half than stock.
Usually crap indoors but that doesnt matter which rom i use , much better outside my home ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170318-175440.jpg
    Screenshot_20170318-175440.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 482
Reactions: JBolho

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER
    You need to have an unlocked bootloader to use this ROM & kernel. Also I or any contributor in the software DOES NOT take responsibility of damages caused to your phone due to this ROM.

E3O9vrU.png

2AqNiEG.png

1. Verify that you're using the MM bootloader based TWRP
    2. Perform a FULL WIPE as described below if coming from another ROM or a different version of Android
    3. (A full wipe is when you wipe system/data/cache)
    4. Flash the latest version of this ROM
    5. Flash GAPPS
    6. Reboot and ENJOY!!
    If you fail to follow these instructions, please don't bother reporting any bugs

If you use Xposed, please don't bother reporting any bugs

If you use another kernel, please don't bother reporting any bugs

8efbl9W.png

Asus Official Build
    Z00A
    Z008
    GAPPS
    9rWbo6e.png

We spend countless of hours doing this for next to nothing. Posts, views, and donations encourage me, and everyone else who helps out.

Donate to AOKP

Every donation is cherished and loved.

If you'd like to help contribute by writing code, feel free to stop by IRC and talk to us!
    pS3Hakz.png

Latest merges on Gerrit
    http://gerrit.aokp.co/#/q/sony+status:merged,n,z
    57fqTIJ.png

Check out the ROM source on github. Open source, in the spirit of community kangage.

CREDITS

Thanks to Cyanogen-mod

XDA:DevDB Information
    AOKP N 7.1.1 For Asus Zenfone 2, ROM for the Asus ZenFone 2

Contributors
    Druboo666
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_kernel_asus_moorefield

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat

Version Information

Created 2016-11-26
    Last Updated 2017-04-30
    Bugs