Get the OnePlus 6 early at a pop-up event in your city →
FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
OnePlus 6 On Sale

[KERNEL]Atom[AOSP/LOS14.1][Z00A/8]

452 posts
Thanks Meter: 224
 
By ramrasekar, Senior Member on 9th October 2017, 01:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from rb_rasekar: v1.4 is out



Features

Bypasses SafetyNet
Performance & Power Optimizations


Download

Kernel
Do not flash over other kernels. If you want to switch from any other kernel to Atom, then flash stock kernel first (by dirty flashing your current ROM), and then flash Atom.


Thanks to

@nutcasev1.5 for teaching me everything and his work on Holo
@jrior001 and @crpalmer for maintaining Lineage kernel
@say99 for guidance and his work on Flare
@TheSSJ for his work on Project-T
@chozendroid for Battery Profile
@krasCGQ for guidance


XDA:DevDB Information
Atom, Kernel for the Asus ZenFone 2

Contributors
ramrasekar
Source Code: https://github.com/ramrasekar/Atom7

Kernel Special Features: Minimal | Smoother | Power Efficient

Version Information
Status: Stable
Current Stable Version: v1.4
Stable Release Date: 2018-01-03

Created 2017-10-09
Last Updated 2018-01-02
The Following 17 Users Say Thank You to ramrasekar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ramrasekar Ad-Free
 
 
9th October 2017, 01:35 PM |#2  
ramrasekar's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chandrapur
Thanks Meter: 224
 
More

Changelog

2017-10-09
Initial Release

2017-12-29
Some more improvements
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ramrasekar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ramrasekar Ad-Free
9th October 2017, 01:36 PM |#3  
ramrasekar's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chandrapur
Thanks Meter: 224
 
More

Guide

Notice

The main purpose of this kernel is to improve battery, stability, and performance with a minimal kernel having no bloat or pointless placebo addons.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ramrasekar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ramrasekar Ad-Free
9th October 2017, 01:37 PM |#4  
ramrasekar's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chandrapur
Thanks Meter: 224
 
More
Reserved
9th October 2017, 02:02 PM |#5  
Subscribed and following. If you may, may I ask about the CPU Governors? What is included in this kernel? And also with I/O scheduler and TCP Congestion. Thank You. I'll be considering to install this one of these days. Good to see an alternative.
9th October 2017, 02:15 PM |#6  
ramrasekar's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chandrapur
Thanks Meter: 224
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stork321

Subscribed and following. If you may, may I ask about the CPU Governors? What is included in this kernel? And also with I/O scheduler and TCP Congestion. Thank You. I'll be considering to install this one of these days. Good to see an alternative.

Hey mate!
This is a minimal kernel with no bloat or pointless placebo addons. Also, i believe on improving the code rather adding the code. So, this is an optimized version of stock kernel for better battery stability and performance. (You can see the OP if you wanna know more about the tweaks.)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ramrasekar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ramrasekar Ad-Free
9th October 2017, 02:20 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb_rasekar

Hey mate!
This is a minimal kernel with no bloat or pointless placebo addons. Also, i believe on improving the code rather adding the code. So, this is an optimized version of stock kernel for better battery stability and performance. (You can see the OP if you wanna know more about the tweaks.)

Thank you. Meaning, I can just install and forget? no more tweaks to be made or adjustments in parameters like CPU Gov, TCP Congestion algorithm, I/O scheduler, etc? I'm really interested to try this out but I need some few details first. Glad to know there's now an alternative kernel to ZF2 aside from HoloN. Thanks for your great work.
9th October 2017, 02:23 PM |#8  
ramrasekar's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chandrapur
Thanks Meter: 224
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stork321

Thank you. Meaning, I can just install and forget? no more tweaks to be made or adjustments in parameters like CPU Gov, TCP Congestion algorithm, I/O scheduler, etc? I'm really interested to try this out but I need some few details first. Glad to know thre's now an alternative kernel to ZF2 aside from HoloN. Thanks for your great work.

Actually yes!
But there is a battery profile attached in the download section. It is pretty smooth and good on juice.
You can try that if you want else flash and forget
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ramrasekar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ramrasekar Ad-Free
9th October 2017, 02:40 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rb_rasekar

Actually yes!
But there is a battery profile attached in the download section. It is pretty smooth and good on juice.
You can try that if you want else flash and forget

That's good to know. Is this profile can be set thru Kernel Audiutor Mod?
9th October 2017, 02:46 PM |#10  
ramrasekar's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Chandrapur
Thanks Meter: 224
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stork321

That's good to know. Is this profile can be set thru Kernel Audiutor Mod?

Yes
The Following User Says Thank You to ramrasekar For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ramrasekar Ad-Free
9th October 2017, 03:03 PM |#11  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
Can I use this kernel at NutOS?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes