[KERNEL]Atom[AOSP/LineageOS14.1][Z00A/8]

Search This thread

LSS4181

Mar 13, 2012
Google Pixel C
Razer Phone 2
I didn't know there was a 1.5 version

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using XDA Labs

You need to build 1.5 version from source.

EDIT: Plus a question. When building I just used zenfone2_defconfig as base and modified the menuconfig to have KVM built-in (y instead of m). As such, the resulted kernel doesn't actually contain the kvm and kvm_intel modules as it should be part of the kernel. After booting to the system I could confirm the /dev/kvm is present. Does that mean the KVM is enabled (for use with Limbo x86 and such)?

Last edited:
Reactions: nutcasev1.5

nutcasev1.5

Nov 13, 2015
Hyderabad, India
You need to build 1.5 version from source.

EDIT: Plus a question. When building I just used zenfone2_defconfig as base and modified the menuconfig to have KVM built-in (y instead of m). As such, the resulted kernel doesn't actually contain the kvm and kvm_intel modules as it should be part of the kernel. After booting to the system I could confirm the /dev/kvm is present. Does that mean the KVM is enabled (for use with Limbo x86 and such)?
You need to disable module support overall. Enable kvm, ksm & the virtio drivers for the best experience.

Maybe try out Holo kvm. Do you have issues with that?

Reactions: LSS4181

ramrasekar

Nov 22, 2016
Pune
So finally I have released Atom v1.5. Sorry for this delay. I was quite busy in my entrance exam preparation and college admission process, hence I didn't work on Atom for a few months. Battery and heating issues have been fixed and performance is great as usual. Seeing the demand NTFS & exFAT filesystem support has been added too.
Also, if you want to tune the kernel, then only tune CPU section in KAM and nothing else like GPU, I/O etc and don't limit maximum CPU frequency.(See the image attached, credits: @chozendroid). You may share your own profiles here if you want. I am active here for a while and will check here occasionally.
You can see the meaning of tunables here:
https://androidmodguide.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

I have joined college, and moving there tomorrow. So, this will be a final update.
I am happy that I could work on this device and explore Android Development, thanks to @nutcasev1.5 for teaching me everything and Zenfone 2 community for your support.

Thank you :)

Attachments

• photo_2017-09-29_19-32-48.jpg
    photo_2017-09-29_19-32-48.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 733

pilger

Jul 11, 2014
Hey guys!

Can this be used with RR 5.7.4 (latest MM released)?

If not, is there any other option to use with Android 6?

Nougat seems very unstable on my ZE551ML. Some games and apps don't work at all.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Features
    Bypasses SafetyNet
    NTFS and exFAT Support
    Performance & Power Optimizations

Download
    AndroidFileHost
    Do not flash this over other kernels. If you want to switch from any other kernel to Atom, then flash stock kernel first (by dirty flashing your current ROM), and flash Atom.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Atom, Kernel for the Asus ZenFone 2

Contributors
    ramrasekar
    Source Code: https://github.com/ramrasekar/moorefield

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: v1.5
    Stable Release Date: 2018-07-25

Created 2017-10-09
    Last Updated 2018-07-25
    So finally I have released Atom v1.5. Sorry for this delay. I was quite busy in my entrance exam preparation and college admission process, hence I didn't work on Atom for a few months. Battery and heating issues have been fixed and performance is great as usual. Seeing the demand NTFS & exFAT filesystem support has been added too.
    Also, if you want to tune the kernel, then only tune CPU section in KAM and nothing else like GPU, I/O etc and don't limit maximum CPU frequency.(See the image attached, credits: @chozendroid). You may share your own profiles here if you want. I am active here for a while and will check here occasionally.
    You can see the meaning of tunables here:
    https://androidmodguide.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

I have joined college, and moving there tomorrow. So, this will be a final update.
    I am happy that I could work on this device and explore Android Development, thanks to @nutcasev1.5 for teaching me everything and Zenfone 2 community for your support.

Thank you :)

Just uploaded v1.4, please flash this over stock kernel (dirty flash your current ROM in order to install stock kernel and then install Atom).
    :)
    Could you implement GPU UV like in Holo Kernel? The fall in temperature is awesome

Yeah i am testing that now ;)