FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[LinOS 14.1][O3/fast][Hololite][OMS]NutOS - Slimified Unofficial Lineage for ZF2

1,305 posts
Thanks Meter: 2,473
 
By nutcasev1.5, Senior Member on 10th August 2017, 06:47 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Announcement from nutcasev1.5: Build 4. Clean Flash MAYBE. Made with Ubuntu 18.04 ;).
14th August 2017, 02:44 PM |#101  
nutcasev1.5's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad, India
Thanks Meter: 2,473
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipe_m

The problem is that the brightness changes are to extreme. If it goes dark goes very dark and the same for the opposite...

No relation with phone wakeup...

Enviado do meu i15-TCL através de Tapatalk

It's meant to be like that. Have you ever tried Lineage? What was the last rom you were running. For how long? I have the same response with my February build. I can try to make some gradients. Is it really that annoying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredinger22

Agree with you. I mean low gradation between full dark and bright. As a result, at home lighting, with a slight turn of the phone relative to the lamp, the brightness changes from the highest to the lowest possible. This is very disturbing.

Please answer the questions I asked above. The faster the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tagilbo

This FW will work, if i install without KAM, Holo, Lineage suite (any of them) and (open)gapps, just the pure OSname.zip?

Yes
 
 
14th August 2017, 02:54 PM |#102  
filipe_m's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcasev1.5

It's meant to be like that. Have you ever tried Lineage? What was the last rom you were running. For how long? I have the same response with my February build. I can try to make some gradients. Is it really that annoying?


Please answer the questions I asked above. The faster the better.


Yes

Thanks for your answer...

I was using lineage official for last month's.

This problem does not exist in that rom (for what I remember does not exist in any build).

With this problem I cannot use adaptive brightness and I have to adjust manually everytime I came inside or outside... Gives some work but I can live with it...

About watts app green lines bug, can we expect some improvement?

Thanks again for your great work...
14th August 2017, 02:57 PM |#103  
nutcasev1.5's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad, India
Thanks Meter: 2,473
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by filipe_m

Thanks for your answer...

I was using lineage official for last month's.

This problem does not exist in that rom (for what I remember does not exist in any build).

With this problem I cannot use adaptive brightness and I have to adjust manually everytime I came inside or outside... Gives some work but I can live with it...

About watts app green lines bug, can we expect some improvement?

Thanks again for your great work...

About the whatsapp thing, don't expect much. The problems lies in a closed source part of the code which I can't do much to fix. I will look into it, maybe next month.
The Following User Says Thank You to nutcasev1.5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nutcasev1.5 Ad-Free
14th August 2017, 04:13 PM |#104  
nutcasev1.5's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad, India
Thanks Meter: 2,473
 
More
@filipe_m

@Shredinger22

In Kam, under screen tab. Set the minimum backlight to 13 & apply on boot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nutcasev1.5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nutcasev1.5 Ad-Free
14th August 2017, 04:38 PM |#105  
filipe_m's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcasev1.5

@filipe_m

@Shredinger22

In Kam, under screen tab. Set the minimum backlight to 13 & apply on boot.

Testing...
14th August 2017, 05:43 PM |#106  
filipe_m's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 72
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcasev1.5

@filipe_m

@Shredinger22

In Kam, under screen tab. Set the minimum backlight to 13 & apply on boot.


Tested for a short time but it seems that solves the problem.... Thanks!!



Quote:
Originally Posted by JBolho

3 - I think so, yes. (not 100% sure) Rom is also compatible with unofficial xposed v87. (v88 caused a lot of force closes on my side)

I installed Magisk and it works without problem. Automatically takes control of root...

I also tried xposed. Installation without problem but the only module I tested - 4G / Lte switch although apparently well installed does not work.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to filipe_m For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift filipe_m Ad-Free
14th August 2017, 09:21 PM |#107  
ee99161's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Maia
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
Hello Nut. Tell me something, do you had any luck on trying to flash HoloN in your ROM? Another thing, i've installed GSAM to see the battery usage, and i got 15% in 5 hours drain, when i was asleep. I think something is draining my battery, but only the kernel was doing something, and the deep sleep only kicked in for 1:47h. Thank you again for this great ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ee99161 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ee99161 Ad-Free
14th August 2017, 11:12 PM |#108  
Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 655
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ee99161

Hello Nut. Tell me something, do you had any luck on trying to flash HoloN in your ROM? Another thing, i've installed GSAM to see the battery usage, and i got 15% in 5 hours drain, when i was asleep. I think something is draining my battery, but only the kernel was doing something, and the deep sleep only kicked in for 1:47h. Thank you again for this great ROM.

HoloN still not recommended to be flashed, wait for incoming update.
Meanwhile, check your settings, if Wi-Fi was on or off (or if Wi-Fi scanning is On in location settings)
Idle drain with stock settings should be around 1%, little more than that at the most.
See if it happens again and if so, get a screenshot of Gsam main screen and another one of kernel wakelocks.
14th August 2017, 11:17 PM |#109  
Member
Thanks Meter: 15
 
More
The ROM looks great, but I think I'll wait a bit more until Nutcase can optimize it more and integrate HoloN fully.


Btw nutcase... have you already done or considered undervolting the CPU and GPU (by that account, are they even possible and how)?
I know that in these small packages they might not do too much, however, undervolting could still be of benefit to at least cut heat production and power consumption somewhat when CPU and GPU are stressed.
15th August 2017, 02:31 AM |#110  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
More
Being testing the ROM since the first day, installing every new lineage app suit update, not using any profile and also using f2fs(since it mentioned before).
Final thought is that it's a very great rom with almost the same battery life as rr, edgy but laggy, polished; with some unfinished stuffs? I would feel more comfortable if there were any big difference flashing Holo on official linos than nutos.
Keep up the good work and keep it real
15th August 2017, 05:15 AM |#111  
nutcasev1.5's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad, India
Thanks Meter: 2,473
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ee99161

Hello Nut. Tell me something, do you had any luck on trying to flash HoloN in your ROM? Another thing, i've installed GSAM to see the battery usage, and i got 15% in 5 hours drain, when i was asleep. I think something is draining my battery, but only the kernel was doing something, and the deep sleep only kicked in for 1:47h. Thank you again for this great ROM.

Yeah. It's a problem from kernel side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deksman2

The ROM looks great, but I think I'll wait a bit more until Nutcase can optimize it more and integrate HoloN fully.


Btw nutcase... have you already done or considered undervolting the CPU and GPU (by that account, are they even possible and how)?
I know that in these small packages they might not do too much, however, undervolting could still be of benefit to at least cut heat production and power consumption somewhat when CPU and GPU are stressed.

CPU undervolt is not happening & gpu is already under voted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanitos1991

Being testing the ROM since the first day, installing every new lineage app suit update, not using any profile and also using f2fs(since it mentioned before).
Final thought is that it's a very great rom with almost the same battery life as rr, edgy but laggy, polished; with some unfinished stuffs? I would feel more comfortable if there were any big difference flashing Holo on official linos than nutos.
Keep up the good work and keep it real

Lags probably because of f2fs & Hololite battery oriented tweaks.

I would like you to not use f2fs. Our hardware performs quite badly on it.
The Following User Says Thank You to nutcasev1.5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nutcasev1.5 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes