Magisk v14.0 - Root & Universal Systemless Interface For Zenfone 2 (Z00A/Z008)

Search This thread

indunrise

Aug 20, 2015
Malang City
http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FWlaJmC8.png

Latest Stable Magisk Version : v14.0 [2017.9.6]
Latest Magisk Manager Version : v5.3.0 [2017.9.6]

Hello, welcome to the official Magisk Release For Zenfone 2 Z00A/Z008 taken from 4pda.ru forum!
Magisk can ROOT your device, along with standard common patches.
It packs with a super powerful Universal Systemless Interface, allowing unlimited potential!

Magisk modifies boot image and add files to /data and /cache
It touches your /system partition only if root installed in /system is detected!

Features

• 100% fully open source and easy to build!
  • Magic Mount :
    Allow you to do any system (vendor) modification without actually tampering the partitions.
    Anything can be loaded with Magisk systemless-ly!
  • MagiskSU : Open Source Root Solution
    Root your device with MagiskSU, based on phh's Superuser, which is based on CM Superuser.
  • Magisk Manager :
    MagiskSU Root Management, Upgrade Magisk in-app,
    Manage, Upgrade, Download, Install Magisk Modules from the community driven online Magisk Module Repo.
  • Magisk Hide :
    Hide Magisk from detection, mainly targeting Google's SafetyNet
  • Resetprop :
    Allow you to do any modifications to system props (build.prop), including read-only props.
    It is also used along with magiskhide for tricking various device states
  • Multiple Entry Points :
    Provide several entry points to developers, reliably pausing the boot process before everything is done.
    Include post-fs (cache) mode, which happens even earlier than data is mounted (used to replace Boot Animation etc.)
  • Standard Stuffs :
    Remove dm-verity, forceencrypt, unlock partitions blocks to support remount to rw

Installation Instructions
If you already have Magisk installed, you can directly upgrade through Magisk Manager Through TWRP Recovery
For installing Magisk the first time!
(never update magisk through application it will caused bootloop)
(If you have Xposed safetynet won't work)

• Install Lastest Magisk Manager Apk
  • Reboot To TWRP Recovery
  • Select Lastest Magisk ZIP, then flash it
  • Reboot To Systems (wipe cache and dalvik is'nt needed if you want it then go for it)
Downloads
Lastest Magisk : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_t_ymFu4cH4eDNaYkhjU3lJb28/view
Lastest Magisk Uninstaller : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_t_ymFu4cH4bktMb2xTdk10Yzg/view
Lastest Magisk Manager Apk : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_t_ymFu4cH4dkpNUHh3NXVuOWc/view

Credits & Specials Thanks To All Developer XDA Forum & 4PDA Forum!

Last edited:

El Cruz

Nov 26, 2014
Agudos
Thanks for the update! just relating here a mess i did:

You noticed the update today 2:15am XDA time, so i did wrong, opened Magisk Manager, and did the update.

what do i did to fix it:
1 -Once having Viper OS 3.0 on pc, i downloaded magisk installer, plus last HoloN kernel i was using. Taking advantage of that I was doing a dirty flash, i also down'ed last Gapps (but down'ed wrong version . . .)
Turned off phone, toke SD & plug on PC, put all downloadeds in external SD card;
2 - My Z00AD was in bootlop, so i reboot it in recovery and:
3 - Advanced Wipe > Wipe DAlvik/art cache + System + cache (JUST IT ONES!);
4 - Install ROM > Install last HoloN 6s0 version > flash Gapps and ... I downloaded x86-x64 version. Stopped here. . .
. . . So i had a previous Gapps version on PC, then . . .
Turn off Phone > pull out SD card & place x86pico 7.1 gapps version on SD
reboot ZF2 in recovery > did all step by step again:

1 - Advanced Wipe > Wipe Dalvik/art cache + System + cache (JUST IT ONES!);

2 - Install ROM > Install last HoloN 6s0 version > flash Gapps > flash Magisk > reboot.

So, i hope no other ones pass thrught that, keep attention with root stuffs . . .

Last edited:

indunrise

Aug 20, 2015
Malang City

You noticed the update today 2:15am XDA time, so i did wrong, opened Magisk Manager, and did the update.

what do i did to fix it:
1 -Once having Viper OS 3.0 on pc, i downloaded magisk installer, plus last HoloN kernel i was using. Taking advantage of that I was doing a dirty flash, i also down'ed last Gapps (but down'ed wrong version . . .)
Turned off phone, toke SD & plug on PC, put all downloadeds in external SD card;
4 - Install ROM > Install last HoloN 6s0 version > flash Gapps and ... I downloaded x86-x64 version. Stopped here. . .

2 - Install ROM > Install last HoloN 6s0 version > flash Gapps > flash Magisk > reboot.

So, i hope no other ones pass thrught that, keep attention with root stuffs . . .

as I said on the post, dont update magisk from apk stuff you will get bootloop hehe

Reactions: El Cruz

Andy1N

Sep 8, 2017
I installed it and reboot but my phone stuck at the Oneplus - Powered by Android Logo. Can someone help me? Im using Oneplus 5 btw

Bad-Pixel

Feb 2, 2012
I installed it and reboot but my phone stuck at the Oneplus - Powered by Android Logo. Can someone help me? Im using Oneplus 5 btw
Try flashing Uninstaller zip first, and then flash the proper magisk package for your mobile... If you look at the title, you will see here "... for Zenfone" [emoji52]

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk

Luq4dmin

@indunrise bro., i think the zip missing a file when installed.,the "busybox" file should be in /data/magisk/ since the newest magisk module uses that file to run.,but its absent.,so im keep getting error 1 when flashing any new v14.0 modules through twrp...it works fine now after i've put the "busybox" file at the proper place i've mentioned above...can u include the busybox file into the zip n give it proper permission ? Thanks :)

Reactions: indunrise

indunrise

Aug 20, 2015
Malang City
@indunrise bro., i think the zip missing a file when installed.,the "busybox" file should be in /data/magisk/ since the newest magisk module uses that file to run.,but its absent.,so im keep getting error 1 when flashing any new v14.0 modules through twrp...it works fine now after i've put the "busybox" file at the proper place i've mentioned above...can u include the busybox file into the zip n give it proper permission ? Thanks :)

thanks for report bugs, if i have some time will add it soon

ketrooo

Sep 15, 2017
I've installed this, root working and satefynet passing. How can install xposed now? I've tried with app and xposed-v87.3-sdk23-topjohnwu.zip file, neither worked.

Tu Dam

Mar 7, 2015
Ho Chi Minh city
I flash magisk on lineageos and success, work fine.
But then I switch to XOSP rom of nilac and can't flash magisk. I did the same steps.
Do you know how to make it work? Thanks in advance @indunrise :D

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    http%3A%2F%2Fi.imgur.com%2FWlaJmC8.png

Latest Stable Magisk Version : v14.0 [2017.9.6]
    Latest Magisk Manager Version : v5.3.0 [2017.9.6]

Hello, welcome to the official Magisk Release For Zenfone 2 Z00A/Z008 taken from 4pda.ru forum!
    Magisk can ROOT your device, along with standard common patches.
    It packs with a super powerful Universal Systemless Interface, allowing unlimited potential!

Magisk modifies boot image and add files to /data and /cache
    It touches your /system partition only if root installed in /system is detected!

Features

• 100% fully open source and easy to build!
    • Magic Mount :
      Allow you to do any system (vendor) modification without actually tampering the partitions.
      Anything can be loaded with Magisk systemless-ly!
    • MagiskSU : Open Source Root Solution
      Root your device with MagiskSU, based on phh's Superuser, which is based on CM Superuser.
    • Magisk Manager :
      MagiskSU Root Management, Upgrade Magisk in-app,
      Manage, Upgrade, Download, Install Magisk Modules from the community driven online Magisk Module Repo.
    • Magisk Hide :
      Hide Magisk from detection, mainly targeting Google's SafetyNet
    • Resetprop :
      Allow you to do any modifications to system props (build.prop), including read-only props.
      It is also used along with magiskhide for tricking various device states
    • Multiple Entry Points :
      Provide several entry points to developers, reliably pausing the boot process before everything is done.
      Include post-fs (cache) mode, which happens even earlier than data is mounted (used to replace Boot Animation etc.)
    • Standard Stuffs :
      Remove dm-verity, forceencrypt, unlock partitions blocks to support remount to rw

Installation Instructions
    If you already have Magisk installed, you can directly upgrade through Magisk Manager Through TWRP Recovery
    For installing Magisk the first time!
    (never update magisk through application it will caused bootloop)
    (If you have Xposed safetynet won't work)

• Install Lastest Magisk Manager Apk
    • Reboot To TWRP Recovery
    • Select Lastest Magisk ZIP, then flash it
    • Reboot To Systems (wipe cache and dalvik is'nt needed if you want it then go for it)
    Downloads
    Lastest Magisk : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_t_ymFu4cH4eDNaYkhjU3lJb28/view
    Lastest Magisk Uninstaller : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_t_ymFu4cH4bktMb2xTdk10Yzg/view
    Lastest Magisk Manager Apk : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_t_ymFu4cH4dkpNUHh3NXVuOWc/view

Credits & Specials Thanks To All Developer XDA Forum & 4PDA Forum!
    Here the patched magisk v14.2 for our zf2 for those who needed. This version fixed the missing busybox derp on x86 devices including our zf2 that was exist in v14.0. Everything is perfectly fine here. Now u guys could flash any magisk modules that use updated 14++ template. Enjoy :)
    nice, thanks you so much, btw i had Magisk 13.3 installed, do i need to remove my module before flashing the new Magisk?

no just reflashed is ok bro no problem, same source.
    mine from 12.0 to 14.0 without anyproblem

what do i did to fix it:

as I said on the post, dont update magisk from apk stuff you will get bootloop hehe
    hello everyone sorry cant help us much you hope for, gonna sell this lovely zenfone 2 and moved to zenfone 3 ze552kl, for magisk zenfone 2 you can move to kapil tapsi thread ?