Another build, compiled from source. But before I get too far...
#include /* * Your warranty is now void. * * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and * YOU acknowledge you are doing so at your own risk. */
Final build coming.SCREENSHOTS:
As work with Nougat begins, I will need to switch over to the MM bootloader. I won't be going back (downgrading) to check builds. For OctOS, as that is MM anyway, I can begin special builds (reliant on the MM bootloader) once I become established. For Carbon LP, it means the end of the road.
The September Android Security Bulletin should filter down to LP in about a week. Once that is done, I will crank out the final build, test, and post. Device-identity-wise, the only difference between the upcoming build and the one previous is the fix to the "off-path TCP" exploit. The ASB will have other fixes, but to the ROM instead (which is why I prefer to wait for the ASB).
Thank you for all the support. Cheers.
- Powers on
- Phone calls and texts
- Mobile data (later builds)
- Play Store
WHAT DOES NOT WORK:
- GPS works, but does not seem to lock on out-of-the-box. Download your country's gps.conf and replace.
- Doubtful NFC will work, as it does not look like that functionality is built into CarbonROM (missing nfc_enhanced.mk).
- A random reboot was detected, at which point mobile data was lost. Toggle airplane mode to restore data.
- As this ROM shares the same device tree as CM, this will share the same flaws. Otherwise, please tell me.
- Mirror (AndroidFileHost)
- Download ROM above, and a GApps package
- Save/push files to your (External) SD card (preferably in the root folder where you can find it later)
- Reboot into recovery ("adb reboot recovery")
- Nandroid/Back up device (optional, but highly recommended)
- Wipe cache and data/factory reset (unless updating from previous CarbonROM version)
- Install ROM and GApps
- Wipe Dalvik cache
- CarbonDev (incl. Christian Oder)
Did I miss anything? I appreciate the feedback, and any thanks as well!
[ROM] [UNOFFICIAL][LP 5.1.1] CarbonROM (Z00A), ROM for the Asus ZenFone 2
Source Code: https://github.com/carbon-z00a
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
Based On: CyanogenMod
Last Updated 2016-09-10