Thanks Meter: 764

By bernardobas, Senior Member on 27th February 2018, 04:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th February 2018, 12:29 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 157

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugraduz

I installed GA-N-v7.1.2-20180226-Z00A-Nightly.zip . But my phone does not detect the sim card. I put it on two sim cards, but it did not work. Please help me

did you tried another sim too, or that sim in another phone?

28th February 2018, 12:45 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
So basically this is resurrection remix with custom kernel? You removed things that are related to RR brand and claimed it new custom rom?
28th February 2018, 02:04 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumsalve

So basically this is resurrection remix with custom kernel? You removed things that are related to RR brand and claimed it new custom rom?

RR nougat is dead. Lineage 14.1 is dead. This is RR on top of NutOS and a different kernel. What's wrong about giving it a different name?

The guy is taking the time to merge security patches, build the rom and share it with the community. He could do just the same and keep it for himself.

He never said he invented the wheel. In the end, this is the spirit of open source software.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ankerlevel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ankerlevel Ad-Free
28th February 2018, 02:22 AM |#14  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I cannot find Lawnchair launcher after dirty flashing it on Z008. An boot animation is all black screen now.
Thanks for the update .
The Following User Says Thank You to SVSurve For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SVSurve Ad-Free
28th February 2018, 02:30 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drumsalve

Actually it's not a new custom ROM at all. The Android world is dancing around Oreo and we are stuck on Nougat. So this is an old ROM which I'm trying to keep alive with a lot of effort.

I'm not even a software developer and I'm not claiming anything. As I said many times on the RR thread, I'm just a builder and I enjoy sharing what I do with the community.

FYI, the Oreo branch of the RR repository is not getting any new commits. The idea of this project is to start using NutOS as a base but in a progresive way to avoid making the os become unstable.

I hope my explanation was clear enough.

Please, feel free to keep sending me private messages asking for help. I will be delighted to keep answering you.

Best regards
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to bernardobas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bernardobas Ad-Free
28th February 2018, 02:33 AM |#16  
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVSurve

I cannot find Lawnchair launcher after dirty flashing it on Z008. An boot animation is all black screen now.
Thanks for the update .

I missed to push one commit before the initial build, that's why Lawnchair is missing. You can get it on the Playstore or wait until the next nightly.

Regarding to the bootanimation, it's a known bug. I'll solve it in the following days.
The Following User Says Thank You to bernardobas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bernardobas Ad-Free
28th February 2018, 02:47 AM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
Will we get OTA notifications upon new updates?
28th February 2018, 02:50 AM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ankerlevel

Will we get OTA notifications upon new updates?

Yes, OTA is working.
The Following User Says Thank You to bernardobas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bernardobas Ad-Free
28th February 2018, 02:50 AM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
I'm experiencing distorted sound from my rear speaker since I installed RR unofficial build back when official support has been ended. I thought update may fix this problem but distortion in the sound is more now. Can anyone help me to fix this problem.No sound mod is installed.
28th February 2018, 02:54 AM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVSurve

I'm experiencing distorted sound from my rear speaker since I installed RR unofficial build back when official support has been ended. I thought update may fix this problem but distortion in the sound is more now. Can anyone help me to fix this problem.No sound mod is installed.

AFAIK it's not a known software issue, for sure. Could it be hardware related? Try installing stock to check if the problem is still there.
28th February 2018, 03:12 AM |#21  
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bugraduz

I installed GA-N-v7.1.2-20180226-Z00A-Nightly.zip . But my phone does not detect the sim card. I put it on two sim cards, but it did not work. Please help me

I remember some users coming from stock Marsmallow getting the sim not detected issue.

If that's your case, you may find a solution here: http://rrz2.ml/installation
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)