520 posts
Thanks Meter: 764

By bernardobas, Senior Member on 27th February 2018, 04:01 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2018, 10:40 AM |#701  
Flag Moscow
Thanks Meter: 46

More
Hi, I'm curious of update process, should I just dirty flash last build, do I need to reflash gapps, magisk, signed bootimage?

13th June 2018, 12:22 PM |#702  
Thanks Meter: 67

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tftgosu

Hi, I'm curious of update process, should I just dirty flash last build, do I need to reflash gapps, magisk, signed bootimage?

Dirty flashed the ROM then signer, magisk will be installed automatically everytime you dirty flahed rom.
13th June 2018, 04:22 PM |#703  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushuguru

Dirty flashed the ROM then signer, magisk will be installed automatically everytime you dirty flahed rom.

do we need to wipe cache or system?
i'm new at android

can you give me step by step to dirty flash for upgrade the rom
because i've made a mistake before
13th June 2018, 07:56 PM |#704  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kuarif

do we need to wipe cache or system?
i'm new at android

can you give me step by step to dirty flash for upgrade the rom
because i've made a mistake before

You don't have to wipe anything but i recommend to wipe Dalvik/ART (you'll find it in wipe menu in twrp).
Well, just flash like when you install the rom first time.
14th June 2018, 02:59 AM |#705  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushuguru

You don't have to wipe anything but i recommend to wipe Dalvik/ART (you'll find it in wipe menu in twrp).
Well, just flash like when you install the rom first time.

thank you... it's worked
14th June 2018, 08:47 PM |#706  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Hi. I have got a problem: I wanted to check something on stock ROM. So I have made a nandroid backup and flashed Borets ROM. Afterwards I have restored the backup. However now both my sims cannot be detected. It says "SIM slot empty" in settings. While I was writing this sim2 came online, however sim1 is still cannot be detected. I flashed Borets ROM again and both my sims were online, so it is not hardware problem. Is there anything I can do to make the phone to detect sim1 again without fullwipe? Thank you very much.
Dirty flashing the ROM, gapps and Magisk does not help. I have also tried to wipe everything except for storage, flashing ROM, gapps and Magisk an drestoring just data from nandroid. Same result.
EDIT: after reboot sim2 cannot be detected again.
EDIT2: I have made a clean flash, including step "Upgrade bootloader and install recovery" from the Installation instruction - still no luck What the hell could've broken my sim detection?
EDIT3: Clean flashed NutOS - sim detection is fine
EDIT4: Clean flashed GA after NutOS - sim detection is fine. Now restoring Data partition from nandroid backup.
EDIT5: Successfully restored Data partition and sim detection is fine. It seems that NutOS has flashed something that GA does not have. @bernardobas please have a look into this so that in the future no one has similar problem. Thanks a lot.
15th June 2018, 01:52 AM |#707  
OP Senior Member
Flag Buenos Aires
Thanks Meter: 764

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheva_xan

Hi. I have got a problem: I wanted to check something on stock ROM. So I have made a nandroid backup and flashed Borets ROM. Afterwards I have restored the backup. However now both my sims cannot be detected. It says "SIM slot empty" in settings. While I was writing this sim2 came online, however sim1 is still cannot be detected. I flashed Borets ROM again and both my sims were online, so it is not hardware problem. Is there anything I can do to make the phone to detect sim1 again without fullwipe? Thank you very much.
Dirty flashing the ROM, gapps and Magisk does not help. I have also tried to wipe everything except for storage, flashing ROM, gapps and Magisk an drestoring just data from nandroid. Same result.
EDIT: after reboot sim2 cannot be detected again.
EDIT2: I have made a clean flash, including step "Upgrade bootloader and install recovery" from the Installation instruction - still no luck What the hell could've broken my sim detection?
EDIT3: Clean flashed NutOS - sim detection is fine
EDIT4: Clean flashed GA after NutOS - sim detection is fine. Now restoring Data partition from nandroid backup.
EDIT5: Successfully restored Data partition and sim detection is fine. It seems that NutOS has flashed something that GA does not have. @bernardobas please have a look into this so that in the future no one has similar problem. Thanks a lot.

It's an old Lineage inherited issue already reported in this thread and one possible solution is documented here: https://groovyandroid.ga/installation
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bernardobas For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift bernardobas Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 03:03 AM |#708  

More
greenify is necessary?
the rom is perfect.
In zenui integrated an App Manager to remove autostart to applications, like closing applications similar to Greenify, is there a similar app that can install or is not necessary if greenify is active in aggressive doze?
15th June 2018, 03:08 AM |#709  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by januxool

the rom is perfect.
In zenui integrated an App Manager to remove autostart to applications, like closing applications similar to Greenify, is there a similar app that can install or is not necessary if greenify is active in aggressive doze?

Settings -> Memory -> App started on boot.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sushuguru For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sushuguru Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 03:18 AM |#710  
Flag Hyderabad, India
Thanks Meter: 2,478

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardobas

It's an old Lineage inherited issue already reported in this thread and one possible solution is documented here: https://groovyandroid.ga/installation

Instead of all this reinstall action & wiping, the best solution is to clean flash the rom again & flash a permissive boot img. Once you boot in permissive sims will be back up.

After that you can dirty flash the rom & reboot. That would fix it on any N ROM.

For N roms there is a permissive boot image hosted on Jason's website. Link to that & save people time.
The Following User Says Thank You to nutcasev1.5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nutcasev1.5 Ad-Free
15th June 2018, 09:25 AM |#711  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bernardobas

Thanks. I did not notice the sim problem in instructions when I was reading them yesterday. In fact, I did not even notice them when I was reading them today. Only searching on the page for "sim" gave me a result. I guess when you spend a fair share of time in the internet you stop reading thoroughly, but rather scan for the information needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcasev1.5

Instead of all this reinstall action & wiping, the best solution is to clean flash the rom again & flash a permissive boot img. Once you boot in permissive sims will be back up.

After that you can dirty flash the rom & reboot. That would fix it on any N ROM.

For N roms there is a permissive boot image hosted on Jason's website. Link to that & save people time.

Thanks. @bernardobas Is there a way to include this fix in the ROM's zip? Should be useful for a lot of people out there.
The Following User Says Thank You to sheva_xan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sheva_xan Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)