FORUMS

View Poll Results: Which Method Worked For You While Flashing Stock Rom On Asus Zenfone 2?

Stock Recovery and ADB Sideload

20 Vote(s)
62.50%
Asus Flash Tool

13 Vote(s)
40.63%
Other than listed.

4 Vote(s)
12.50%

[Guide] Flash Stock Rom Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML

569 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,506

Post Reply Email Thread
Hey Guys. This guide will help you if
1. If Using Custom Rom and want to revert to latest stock rom.
2. If Stock Rom got corrupted or became laggy.
3. You want to reinstall stock rom.

Warning:
1. Method 1 require unlocked bootloader. If you want to unlock then go Here . Method 2 doesn't. Don't worry.
2. This will clean your phone just like new phone.
3. First read the post twice carefully then proceed.
4. ALL .bat FILES TO BE RUN IN FASTBOOT MODE ONLY, IF YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT FASTBOOT MODE THEN GOOGLE "HOW TO GET FASTBOOT MODE IN ASUS ZENFONE 2
5. I may change name of files in folder. Use common sense to identify them.

Pre-requisites:
1. Charge your phone atleast 60%.
2. Backup any important data you might not wanna loose to either sd card or usb drive or pc.
3. Copy the rom zip in the sd card of your phone. (The one with size in GB)
4. Android USB Driver should be installed already, if it is not then install all drivers in the "Drivers Folder".
5. Enable USB Debugging.
For that go to "Settings" ,Scroll to bottom goto "about", goto "Software Information", tap "Build number" upto 7 times or till it
says "You are a developer now". Then go to "Settings" you will find "Developer Options", open it and enable "USB Debugging"
4. Common sense, patience.

Download Link:
For Method 1
Click here Android Filehost
Download these folders: TWRP, STOCK RECOVERY, STOCK ROM, DRIVERS
For Method 2
https://forum.xda-developers.com/zen...ction-t3448966

Procedure:
METHOD 1
Step 1. Flash TWRP recovery if not installed by using "TWRP.bat" (Given in twrp folder) in fastboot mode or bootloader mode whatever you call it.
Step 2. Go to Twrp recovery then choose "wipe" then choose "Advance wipe" and tick everything except "SD card or external sd card". then swipe to wipe.
Step 3. Go to fastboot/bootloader mode and flash stock recovery running appropriate .bat file. It is given in "Stock Recovery" folder.
Step 4. When the command executes from the above step, Go to "recovery" by pressing volume down button, then press "power" button.
Step 5. You will see a dead android logo. Nothing else. Then go to stock recovery options.
If you don't know how then use following methods
Method 1:
When you see a dead android bot with an error press and hold power button, then (while holding power button) quickly press Vol up and release and then release power button..
Method 2:
Go to fastboot mode. Connect your device and open command prompt there. Then Type
Code:
fastboot erase cache
Step 6: You should see stock recovery options. Then choose "Update from sd card" and select the rom zip you pasted in SD card.
(If you don't have sd card, then paste rom in internal memory and don't tick "internal storage" in twrp in step 2) But micro
sd is preferable.
Step 7: Wait. Your phone may take 20-30 or more minutes. So leave it on charging.

METHOD 2

Step 1: Download and Install all drivers given in download folder. Download RAW firmware for your phone. See above in download links.
Step 2: Install "ASUS FLASH TOOL"
Step 3: Go to fastboot/bootloader mode on your phone. Run asus flash tool, select your phone model and browse for the raw firmware. Check wipe all data. And start the process.
Step 4: Wait for program to say successful. If it takes more than 30 minutes. Disconnect your phone and check phone if rom installed or not.
If this process does not work. Then switch methods.

If you have any questions, problems .. Just Comment it.
Every Suggestion welcomed. Also you can join telegram group to get help and help others.
MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED

If the guide works for you or you want to thank me for development of tools then you can donate me via
Paypal paypal.me/KapilTapsi (You can donate any amount, It will be of great help)

FAQ
1. Having problems with device connection? like waiting for device.
Sol. Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging (Not applicable for BL Unlocking and TWRP Flashing)
Uninstall all drivers previously installed on computer(every driver of any device)
Reboot your computer. And then install all drivers given in the driver folder.
If the problem persists, try different computer and different usb cable.

2. Facing permission denied in fastboot mode or while running script files.
Sol. Try disabling your lock screen security to none.

File Credits:
1. RealYoti
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Kapil Tapsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kapil Tapsi Ad-Free
12th April 2017, 09:13 AM |#2  
Flag McDonough,NY
Thanks Meter: 733

More
Would it not be easier to get the stock raw image and just flash it with the asus flash tool?

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using Tapatalk
12th April 2017, 09:19 AM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenbo111

Would it not be easier to get the stock raw image and just flash it with the asus flash tool?

Thanks for suggestion. But the reasons​ are
First thing is stock raw image of latest version is very difficult to find.
Second thing sometime asus flash tool stops responding. So you have to wait again for 30 minutes. Also it doesn't show progress sometimes.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kapil Tapsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kapil Tapsi Ad-Free
12th April 2017, 09:25 AM |#4  
Flag McDonough,NY
Thanks Meter: 733

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kapil Tapsi

Thanks for suggestion. But the reasons​ are
First thing is stock raw image of latest version is very difficult to find.
Second thing sometime asus flash tool stops responding. So you have to wait again for 30 minutes. Also it doesn't show progress sometimes.

No offense meant. But the entire collection of raw files are here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3448966
As long as you have the correct drivers (which you need for your process too) the AFT will get the job done in one easy step.

The Following User Says Thank You to kenbo111 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kenbo111 Ad-Free
12th April 2017, 09:30 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Delhi

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

No offense meant. But the entire collection of raw files are here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=3448966
As long as you have the correct drivers (which you need for your process too) the AFT will get the job done in one easy step.

It is a guide only. Users are free to choose from where to download. Thats it. I only shared my collection.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Kapil Tapsi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kapil Tapsi Ad-Free
30th July 2017, 05:20 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
E: footer wrong
E: footer wrong
Installation aborted

I need your help!
I follow the instructions in Method 1 but the device give me this error message when I try to update via SD-card...
May I know whats the solution?

Rom used: Fastboot Rom WW-4.21.40.327

Thank you very much!
19th September 2017, 02:45 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 21

More
Quote:

Thanks, finally got it
28th December 2017, 04:50 AM |#8  

More
Hey...when I get to part 6 I get this Error >>
footer is wrong
signature verification failed
installation aborted
28th December 2017, 10:13 PM |#9  

More
Hey..I also Tried Flashing with the method 2 it was installing but i got an error after
12th January 2018, 07:40 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Man, this thread saved my ass. thank you for all your time all!
14th January 2018, 07:51 PM |#11  
Flag Abuja
Thanks Meter: 10

More
I have the Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML with sound issues, (it's only when the phone rings that the speaker works) and I put it into recovery mode to wipe cache/data, but it got stuck while doing that and I forced it off. But now, it's stuck at the Asus Boot logo with the rotating icon underneath.
Please help!!!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
asus zenfone 2, custom rom, stock recovery, stock rom, ze551ml

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)