1. If Using Custom Rom and want to revert to latest stock rom.
2. If Stock Rom got corrupted or became laggy.
3. You want to reinstall stock rom.
1. Method 1 require unlocked bootloader. If you want to unlock then go Here . Method 2 doesn't. Don't worry.
2. This will clean your phone just like new phone.
3. First read the post twice carefully then proceed.
4. ALL .bat FILES TO BE RUN IN FASTBOOT MODE ONLY, IF YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT FASTBOOT MODE THEN GOOGLE "HOW TO GET FASTBOOT MODE IN ASUS ZENFONE 2
5. I may change name of files in folder. Use common sense to identify them.
1. Charge your phone atleast 60%.
2. Backup any important data you might not wanna loose to either sd card or usb drive or pc.
3. Copy the rom zip in the sd card of your phone. (The one with size in GB)
4. Android USB Driver should be installed already, if it is not then install all drivers in the "Drivers Folder".
5. Enable USB Debugging.
For that go to "Settings" ,Scroll to bottom goto "about", goto "Software Information", tap "Build number" upto 7 times or till it
says "You are a developer now". Then go to "Settings" you will find "Developer Options", open it and enable "USB Debugging"
4. Common sense, patience.
For Method 1
Click here Android Filehost
Download these folders: TWRP, STOCK RECOVERY, STOCK ROM, DRIVERS
For Method 2
Step 2. Go to Twrp recovery then choose "wipe" then choose "Advance wipe" and tick everything except "SD card or external sd card". then swipe to wipe.
Step 3. Go to fastboot/bootloader mode and flash stock recovery running appropriate .bat file. It is given in "Stock Recovery" folder.
Step 4. When the command executes from the above step, Go to "recovery" by pressing volume down button, then press "power" button.
Step 5. You will see a dead android logo. Nothing else. Then go to stock recovery options.
If you don't know how then use following methods
When you see a dead android bot with an error press and hold power button, then (while holding power button) quickly press Vol up and release and then release power button..
Go to fastboot mode. Connect your device and open command prompt there. Then Type
fastboot erase cache
(If you don't have sd card, then paste rom in internal memory and don't tick "internal storage" in twrp in step 2) But micro
sd is preferable.
Step 7: Wait. Your phone may take 20-30 or more minutes. So leave it on charging.
Step 1: Download and Install all drivers given in download folder. Download RAW firmware for your phone. See above in download links.
Step 2: Install "ASUS FLASH TOOL"
Step 3: Go to fastboot/bootloader mode on your phone. Run asus flash tool, select your phone model and browse for the raw firmware. Check wipe all data. And start the process.
Step 4: Wait for program to say successful. If it takes more than 30 minutes. Disconnect your phone and check phone if rom installed or not.
If this process does not work. Then switch methods.
If you have any questions, problems .. Just Comment it.
Every Suggestion welcomed. Also you can join telegram group to get help and help others.
MOD EDIT: LINK REMOVED
If the guide works for you or you want to thank me for development of tools then you can donate me via
Paypal paypal.me/KapilTapsi (You can donate any amount, It will be of great help)
1. Having problems with device connection? like waiting for device.
Sol. Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging (Not applicable for BL Unlocking and TWRP Flashing)
Uninstall all drivers previously installed on computer(every driver of any device)
Reboot your computer. And then install all drivers given in the driver folder.
If the problem persists, try different computer and different usb cable.
2. Facing permission denied in fastboot mode or while running script files.
Sol. Try disabling your lock screen security to none.