FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Guide] How To Update and Re-flash ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML

467 posts
Thanks Meter: 209

Post Reply Email Thread
Hi
they are many way to update your ASUS ZenFone 2 ZE551ML but in this thread you learn how to do safely
1st you need Micro sdcard with 2Gb at the minimums
2nd go to this thread and download your last Firmwares "remember cheek your SKU (CU-CHN-WW)" after download copy the .zip file to your SD card
3rd put your SD card in you ZE551ML and power on your device with holding Volume down and power key
choose Update mode, in update mode select the update from external storage and select your .zip
let update complete
*if you want to have faster and stable device after update use format & wipe date and partition

good luck
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s27moto For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s27moto Ad-Free

17th April 2015, 04:52 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
hi sir,

may i know why there is a need to reflash? Cos i had seen quite a number of post regarding flashing the ROM.
17th April 2015, 11:34 AM |#3  
Flag Singapore
Thanks Meter: 53

More
Why do you need to update to the same Firmware as it came? You can just wipe it in settings.
17th April 2015, 08:31 PM |#4  
Flag Santiago
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Is possible to change firmware from TW to WW?
17th April 2015, 08:52 PM |#5  
Flag Brown's Town
Thanks Meter: 1,034

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrugone

Not unless you want network issues or worse! So it's generally not recommended for most devices unless explicitly and officially stated.

Sent from the Ace's Tapatalk 4
17th April 2015, 09:15 PM |#6  
Flag Yauco
Thanks Meter: 490

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrugone

I don't see that as comepletly true. I have TW version and came with TW Rom. OTA switched software to WW. So I guess and that that guess to heart that it isn't that bad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceofzeroz

Not unless you want network issues or worse! So it's generally not recommended for most devices unless explicitly and officially stated.

Sent from the Ace's Tapatalk 4

18th April 2015, 12:08 AM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 66

More
Hello everyone I wanted to ask for help if possible. I bought from china the ZE551ML (ASUS_Z00ADB) unfortunately I received the CN version, on the site of the store was not specified anything and I thought it was the WW now I live in Italy and version CN has no service google, nothing playstore, gmail etc. and especially the 4G network does not work, before you start shipping procedures and reimbursement, wanted to know if is possible to change the software from CN to WW and as if you have to do, thank you very much and sorry for my bad English
18th April 2015, 11:42 AM |#8  
Flag 台灣
Thanks Meter: 1,134

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s27moto

3rd put your SD card in you ZE551ML and power on your device with holding Volume down and power key

Are you sure it works for ZE551ML?
For me holding Power + VolDown doesn't start to boot. Phone silently (without vibrating and screen activity) enter to some strange mode. It's not easy to exit. Usually random holding power with volume buttons exits from this mode.

There is fastboot entering procedure with Power + VolUp (instead of VolDown), but there is no option to update from SD card.
The Following User Says Thank You to sorg For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sorg Ad-Free
18th April 2015, 12:19 PM |#9  

More
no one can help me?
18th April 2015, 02:05 PM |#10  
Flag Yauco
Thanks Meter: 490

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by flaflasat

no one can help me?

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3085514 read there

Sent from my Nexus 7
18th April 2015, 02:43 PM |#11  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lordpipa

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=3085514 read there

Sent from my Nexus 7

I read but there is no explanation of how to change from CN to WW.
uff not know what to do to have a phone like that and use it as an ornament
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)