MM-WW-184.108.40.2067 Z00A Z00AD
MM-WW-220.127.116.11 Z00A Z00AD
Latest Stable Magisk : v16.3 Updated 28 March 2018. If there is update you will surely find it in telegram group. I don't visit xda much.
To download, Go to "Magisk" folder In download folder.
If you are using Magisk 12, Then first flash Magisk 12 uninstaller, then flash Latest Magisk from Twrp.
If Safetynet Fails, Then enable "Hide Magisk" in settings from magisk manager.
- Rooting voids warranty. Also If some damage occurs because of wrong steps taken by you, Neither me nor forum is responsible. Do at your Own risk. Though I'm sure If you follow the steps carefully you wont get problem.
- Prefer to backup your device apps and data.
- First read the post twice carefully then proceed.
- I may change name of files in folder. Use common sense to identify them.
If you want to flash stock rom then visit here Flash Stock Rom Zenfone 2
- Magisk ManagerNEW
- MagiskLatest Warning: Never update magisk from the app. Flash the latest zip from here, otherwise you will get bootloop.
- Systemless Xposed
- TWRP Latest
- UnRoot (Magisk SuperUser only)
1. Phone should be charged at least 60%.
2. Android USB Driver should be installed already, if it is not then install all drivers in the "Drivers Folder".
3. Enable USB Debugging.
For that go to "Settings" ,Scroll to bottom goto "about", goto "Software Information", tap "Build number" upto 7 times or till it
says "You are a developer now". Then go to "Settings" you will find "Developer Options", open it and enable "USB Debugging"
ALL .BAT FILES TO BE RUN IN FASTBOOT MODE ONLY, IF YOU DON'T KNOW ABOUT FASTBOOT MODE THEN GOOGLE "HOW TO GET FASTBOOT MODE IN ASUS ZENFONE 2.
There are two parts which should be followed precisely.
1. Unlock Bootloader and Install TWRP.
2. Root and Install Xposed*
*=Though Xposed is not necessary but Xposed is very helpful, so its your choice.
Part 1: Unlock Bootloader and Install TWRP.
Step 1: Connect your phone to PC, make sure usb debugging is "ON".
Step 2: Go to the folder and run "Bootloader Unlocker.bat" .
Wait for command to execute.
When you see "Unlock Successful" in your phone, your phone will shut down. Then keep hold Volume Up button on your phone until you see bootloader again. Then follow the instructions. If You Missed it, the close the application. Boot your phone into fastboot mode and try again..
Step 3: If you are in fastboot/bootloader mode then use "TWRP.bat" otherwise first go to fastboot/bootloader mode and then use "TWRP.bat"
It will install twrp. When you first go to twrp. Tick Always allow modifications.
Part 2: Root and Install Xposed
Step 1: Boot to fastboot mode.
Step 2: For rooting. First use "ROOT UNROOT MAGISK.bat", follow any given instruction in script.
Step 3: If you want Xposed, then use "XPOSED.bat" in fastboot mode and follow any instruction in script.
Step 4: Reboot to system.
Your phone may optimize for 5-10 minutes depending upon number of apps Installed.
YOUR PHONE SHOULD BE ROOTED NOW.
Step 1: Boot to fastboot mode.
Step 2: For unrooting. First use "ROOT UNROOT MAGISK.bat", follow any given instruction in script for unroot.
For Any querry or doubt please ask.
Every Suggestion welcomed. Also you can join telegram group to get help and help others.
If the guide works for you or you want to thank me for development of tools then you can donate me via
Paypal paypal.me/KapilTapsi (You can donate any amount, It will be of great help)
1. Stuck at white screen with asus logo?
Sol. a) White screen means you are unlocked (action of unlock.bat), so you may give a try to restore.bat in fastboot mode.
b) If you can go to recovery mode then you can go to previous state(before starting unlocking) by using adb command
First boot to recovery(it should be the stock one), you'll see dead android logo, keep pressing power -then vol up-then release vol up- now release power. (This should be quick, otherwise pressing power button for too long will shut you down)
When successfull, you'll see options, choose apply update from adb, and follow command
adb sideload mm.zip
Warning Before that you must download same version full firmware from asus website Here
2. Having problems with device connection? like waiting for device.
Sol. Make sure you have enabled USB Debugging (Not applicable for BL Unlocking and TWRP Flashing)
Uninstall all drivers previously installed on computer(every driver of any device)
Reboot your computer. And then install all drivers given in the driver folder.
If the problem persists, try different computer and different usb cable.
3. Facing permission denied in fastboot mode or while running script files.
Sol. Try disabling your lock screen security to none.
4. Want to relock bootloader?
Sol. No possible way for now. The post will be updated if it ever comes.
5. Safetynet Failed?
Sol. 1. Have you enabled Magisk Hide in the settings of Magisk Manager? Try toggle to disable, and re-enable again.
2. If you are using SuperSU, you often need suhide, or maybe other solutions. Developer do not have control of how SuperSU behaves.
3. It might be due to xposed. Either you remove xposed or wait for future updates.
Download files from here
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=273540 AFH Link
All Files in folder are not useful for this purpose, but are used for other purpose also. You can download them if you want.
Some tools are not made by me. This guide is genuine based on my experience.
1. Peter Fedorow (20 Canadian Dollar)
2. Nicola Roncari (20 Euro)