FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[Root] Newbie quick ONE-CLICK | Zenfone 2 root | ZE500 ZE550 ZE551 | Temporary CWM

273 posts
Thanks Meter: 251

By Chinaphonearena, Senior Member on 21st May 2015, 10:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Recently released is the ONE-CLICK root and temporary custom CWM recovery for Asus Zenfone 2 ZE551ML & ZE550ML & ZE500CL

Credit goes to the creator of the Zenfone 2 installer: @29y6145 Thread

and to the maker of the original Intel temporary CWM: @social-design-concepts Thread

Method 1: ONE-CLICK root
  • Download the Asus Zenfone quick one-click root package
  • Unzip the package
  • Enable USB debugging (Settings > Phone info > Tap build 7x > Back button > Developer options > USB debugging)
  • If you don't already have ADB drivers installed, you may need to download and install them (most PCs have them already, but trying installing these if you're having trouble getting your PC to issue commands to the phone via USB)
  • With your phone on, attach it to PC via USB
  • Run 'Root_zenfone.bat'
  • To unroot, use 'xoa_root' or unroot through SuperSU in Android

Bam, done.
------------------------------
Method 2: Root through temporary CWM
This is a temporary CWM with the primary purpose of injecting SuperSU onto your Asus Zenfone 2. It doesn't permanently replace recovery. This process looks long, but really is bam 1,2,3 done. Just laid out step by step for the newbie.
  • Download the Asus Zenfone temporary CWM package
  • Unzip the package
  • Copy SuperSU.zip to the base of your SD card
  • Enable USB debugging (Settings > Phone info > Tap build 7x > Back button > Developer options > USB debugging)
  • If you don't already have ADB drivers installed, you may need to download and install them (most PCs have them already, but trying installing these if you're having trouble getting your PC to issue commands to the phone via USB)
  • With your phone on, attach it to PC via USB
  • Run 'cai_dat_CWM.bat' from the CWM package
  • In the black command window that opens, type ACCEPT
  • Type T4
  • Phone will reboot into fastboot and you'll see commands being issued from the PC cmd window copying the temporary recovery
  • You may see some funked up images on your display for a bit. Remove the USB cable and within 30 seconds should then see it booted into CWM
  • Select install update
  • Navigate to SuperSU.zip and install

Bam, done.
The Following 97 Users Say Thank You to Chinaphonearena For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chinaphonearena Ad-Free

21st May 2015, 10:50 AM |#2  
Flag Pesaro
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Easy, thanks!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to andrea.giommi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift andrea.giommi Ad-Free
21st May 2015, 11:59 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
with it, is possible run Asus update without bootloop?

Inviato dal mio ASUS_Z00AD utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to miky1989 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift miky1989 Ad-Free
21st May 2015, 12:06 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Working
working perfectly.
Getting more than 3GB RAM after removing preinstalled bloatware on the latest 2.17.40.12 ROM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jaganathsamal For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jaganathsamal Ad-Free
21st May 2015, 01:40 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaganathsamal

working perfectly.
Getting more than 3GB RAM after removing preinstalled bloatware on the latest 2.17.40.12 ROM.

great! what is your software for uninstall that?
21st May 2015, 01:56 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Used system app remover for removing preinstalled apps

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using XDA Free mobile app
21st May 2015, 03:39 PM |#7  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Birmingham, AL
Thanks Meter: 4,291

Donate to Me
More
Back in business.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Magnum_Enforcer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Magnum_Enforcer Ad-Free
22nd May 2015, 12:33 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

More
Note, if you root and do OTA update after the root, you may end up in a boot loop/soft bricked. Unroot prior to OTA and reroot again after OTA may avoid this issue, but haven't tested yet.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chinaphonearena For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chinaphonearena Ad-Free
22nd May 2015, 04:11 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Is this method working for ze500cl also ?
Hi, i have a zenofone 2 ze500cl, will this method work also on my device ?
22nd May 2015, 05:39 PM |#10  
OP Senior Member

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neemia86

Hi, i have a zenofone 2 ze500cl, will this method work also on my device ?

Hello man. I'd read through this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/andr...p-cwm-t2975096 and see if anyone's ran into any serious complications. If it were me, I'd try it. But be prepared for it to not work out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Chinaphonearena For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chinaphonearena Ad-Free
22nd May 2015, 06:03 PM |#11  
Retired Forum Moderator
Thanks Meter: 1,894

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinaphonearena

Note, if you root and do OTA update after the root, you may end up in a boot loop/soft bricked. Unroot prior to OTA and reroot again after OTA may avoid this issue, but haven't tested yet.

If you update SuperSU binaries, yes you will bootloop on OTA.

You have two options to update:
1: Unroot > Take OTA > Root
2: Flash Pre-Rooted system.img > Keep root with no unroot needed
The Following User Says Thank You to Harfainx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Harfainx Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)