[TOOL] One-Click bootloader unlock (no root required)

Search This thread

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
I've made simplier way to unlock the bootloader of ZE551ML/ZE550ML.

Update!
Version 2.
Now it's not required to flash/downgrade droidboot.img. But you still need to flash one of compatible ROM.
Currently compatible versions are:
For ZE551ML: v2.19.40.18, v2.19.40.20, v2.19.40.22 and future newer versions unless opposite mentioned.
For ZE550ML: v2.19.40.12, v2.19.40.13, v2.19.40.23 and future newer versions unless opposite mentioned.

For example, you can flash full ROM v2.19.40.22 and then use unlocker v2.

Just unzip everything from attached archive and then start unlock_one_click_v2.bat
If you've enable USB debugging then phone will automatically reboot to bootloader and will unlock the bootloader. If you didn't enable USB debugging, then you need to reboot to bootloader manually (Turn the phone off and disconnect USB, then press Power+VolumeUp keys at the same time and keep it pressed till you see ASUS logo, then you may connect USB cable).
Either way, unlock_one_click_v2.bat will proceed to unlock in fully automated way.
If initial boot splash screen become inverted, then bootloader has been unlocked!

If you don't like white boot screen, then you can flash original black one:
http://xdaforums.com/zenfone2/themes-apps/551-black-white-splashscreen-twrp-flash-t3141945

Originally, it's developed for WW firmware but should work on any region.
Works on CN firmware. Confirmed by @corrsea

Based on unlock method discovered by
@shakalaca
Based on fastboot hack by @social-design-concepts

Attachments

• ZF2_one_click_unlock_by_sorg_v2.zip
    985.8 KB · Views: 181,649
Last edited:

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
Version 1 (old)

To use this version, you need to flash ROM not older than v2.19.40.18 for ZE551ML, and v2.19.40.12 for ZE550ML. And then downgrade (if required) droidboot to compatible droidboot.img
Code:
fastboot flash fastboot droidboot.img
For ZE551ML, known compatible droidboot.img versions are 2.19.40.18, 2.19.40.20.
For ZE550ML, known compatible droidboot.img versions are 2.19.40.12.

Attachments

• ZF2_one_click_unlock_by_sorg.zip
    821.3 KB · Views: 11,040
Last edited:

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
Important note for Stock ROM lovers:
Although, unlocker v2 works with v2.19.40.22, there is no warranty, it will continue to work on future versions. It is up to ASUS decision. Unlocking process still requires several files from /system partition including special version of if.bin (/system/etc/firmware/if.bin). These files are still supplied with v2.19.40.22, but in the future they can be removed by ASUS together with disable of downgrade ability for if.bin.
So, if you will flash future stock ROM through official update procedure (which includes bootloader update - from ifwi.zip) then you may loose unlocked bootloader! And of course, ASUS may completely block unlocking procedure (at least unofficial way).
So, if unlocked bootloader is important for you, then
1) unlock it ASAP while current firmware allows.
2) don't use official updates. You need to remove all lines from update script containing ifwi.zip references and then flash through TWRP (you need to remove lines checking recovery version as well).

itskapil

Apr 8, 2010
Bhilwara
@sorg, thanks for the tool. One ques. Will it wipe off the data? And does it keeps OTA taking ability or will it break off? If it breaks, what can be done to get it back?

Last edited:

viit_saha

Jul 13, 2015
New Delhi
@sorg, thanks for the tool. One ques. Will it wipe off the data? And does it keeps OTA taking ability or will it break off? If it breaks, what can be done to get it back?

you will continue receiving OTA update.

---------- Post added at 05:20 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:12 AM ----------

Although, unlocker v2 works with v2.19.40.22, there is no warranty, it will continue to work on future versions. It is up to ASUS decision. Unlocking process still requires several files from /system partition including special version of if.bin (/system/etc/firmware/if.bin). These files are still supplied with v2.19.40.22, but in the future they can be removed by ASUS together with disable of downgrade ability for if.bin.
So, if you will flash future stock ROM through official update procedure (which includes bootloader update - from ifwi.zip) then you may loose unlocked bootloader! And of course, ASUS may completely block unlocking procedure (at least unofficial way).
2) don't use official updates. You need to remove all lines from update script containing ifwi.zip references and then flash through TWRP (you need to remove lines checking recovery version as well).
Hi
Is there anyway other than installing a third-party recovery to verify if the boot-loader is unlocked or locked ?

will it void warranty of the phone.

azthemansays

Jun 5, 2015
Toronto
If you unlock the bootloader it will void the warranty, as there's no way currently to lock the bootloader again.

Hi
Is there anyway other than installing a third-party recovery to verify if the boot-loader is unlocked or locked ?

will it void warranty of the phone.

Last edited:

jarjarbingie

Nov 13, 2010
I currently have .22 via OTA, so I can just proceed with unlocking the bootloader without any issues? because in the other thread, they are still saying there is no way to unlock bootloader without downgrading to .20 or .18.. TIA!

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
I currently have .22 via OTA, so I can just proceed with unlocking the bootloader without any issues? because in the other thread, they are still saying there is no way to unlock bootloader without downgrading to .20 or .18.. TIA!
can you read what i've wrote in first post?

jarjarbingie

Nov 13, 2010
man, a simple "yes" would have been easier to type and more polite.. of course, I've read it, same with all the threads here.. that's why I've seen a conflicting statement in the bootloader thread, hence the attempt to "clarify".. not everyone here is as good as you are.. thanks anyway..

Majorcrafter

Aug 22, 2012
So im on v2.19.40.22 and ran Version 2
Phone rebooted went into stock recovery but it did nothing on there. The prompt on the PC said it was unlocked.
I manually rebooted my phone and the splashed looked the same.
Did i do something wrong?
Am i unlocked?
Can i verify if it's unlocked?

Thank You for you help.

Major

jeanne8fr

May 27, 2008
Now it's not required to flash/downgrade droidboot.img. But you still need to flash ROM not older than v2.19.40.18 for ZE551ML, and v2.19.40.12 for ZE550ML.

Hello,
I am a little confused by these 2 lines.
The first line says:
But you still need to flash ROM not older than v2.19.40.18 for ZE551ML, and v2.19.40.12 for ZE550ML.
The second line says:

So do I need a ROM no older than 2.19.40.18 or does 2.19.40.22 works fine?. As far as I know. 2.19.40.22 is older than 2.19.40.18.

Please clarify for me.

Thanks
Jeannette

jason4962

Dec 18, 2011
NEW JERSEY
V1 for anything under x.20
V2 for x.22

I think this is what it means but i may be wrong. Flash at your own risks

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using XDA Free mobile app

jarjarbingie

Nov 13, 2010
.18 is older than .22 I believe..

Hello,
I am a little confused by these 2 lines.
The first line says:
But you still need to flash ROM not older than v2.19.40.18 for ZE551ML, and v2.19.40.12 for ZE550ML.
The second line says:

So do I need a ROM no older than 2.19.40.18 or does 2.19.40.22 works fine?. As far as I know. 2.19.40.22 is older than 2.19.40.18.

Please clarify for me.

Thanks
Jeannette

sorg

Sep 5, 2006
台灣
Which makes it even more confusing.
Why don't you say which rom we can use instead of which we cannot.
Because I've made unlocker not for one specific ROM version, but for any existing starting from .18 and newer.

.18 is older than .22, where is confusing?
I understand, that we live in time of smart phones and stupid people, but try to be on par with your phone at least. I've tried my best to explain in the OP what ROM versions you can use. I've made some bold text, some red text to take some attention. I've wrote example especially for .22 version! If it doesn't help, then i don't know what else can i do. How .18 cannot be obviously older than .22?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've made simplier way to unlock the bootloader of ZE551ML/ZE550ML.

Update!
    Version 2.
    Now it's not required to flash/downgrade droidboot.img. But you still need to flash one of compatible ROM.
    Currently compatible versions are:
    For ZE551ML: v2.19.40.18, v2.19.40.20, v2.19.40.22 and future newer versions unless opposite mentioned.
    For ZE550ML: v2.19.40.12, v2.19.40.13, v2.19.40.23 and future newer versions unless opposite mentioned.

Just unzip everything from attached archive and then start unlock_one_click_v2.bat
    If you've enable USB debugging then phone will automatically reboot to bootloader and will unlock the bootloader. If you didn't enable USB debugging, then you need to reboot to bootloader manually (Turn the phone off and disconnect USB, then press Power+VolumeUp keys at the same time and keep it pressed till you see ASUS logo, then you may connect USB cable).
    Either way, unlock_one_click_v2.bat will proceed to unlock in fully automated way.
    If initial boot splash screen become inverted, then bootloader has been unlocked!

If you don't like white boot screen, then you can flash original black one:
    http://xdaforums.com/zenfone2/themes-apps/551-black-white-splashscreen-twrp-flash-t3141945

Originally, it's developed for WW firmware but should work on any region.
    Works on CN firmware. Confirmed by @corrsea

Based on unlock method discovered by
    @shakalaca
    Based on fastboot hack by @social-design-concepts
    Version 1 (old)

To use this version, you need to flash ROM not older than v2.19.40.18 for ZE551ML, and v2.19.40.12 for ZE550ML. And then downgrade (if required) droidboot to compatible droidboot.img
    Code:
    fastboot flash fastboot droidboot.img
    For ZE551ML, known compatible droidboot.img versions are 2.19.40.18, 2.19.40.20.
    For ZE550ML, known compatible droidboot.img versions are 2.19.40.12.
    so we have asus flash tool?.....can u post link pls....and in case I end up soft bricking can I use flash tool to get the sock rom on my device again?
    AFT: https://mega.nz/#!LcwhXDLZ!PN1jzQ0hDotKotC5ckIP_GHVvh4qAQyvMzN8VK4fVBU
    RAW: https://mega.nz/#!7cA3nTZC!NiHOzVoVPdXAOVsQkjQT6umMMpfIeaxpE2es7lrwGpI
    I've updated the OP, wrote compatible (as of today) versions. If even this is not clear enough, then i give up.