****ty slow motion of ZenFone 2

Search This thread

prathu997

Jan 9, 2016
mumbai
The slow motion video of ZenFone 2 ze551ml sucks.....its just 30fps video which runs at 6fps so as to give it a feel of slow motion which is badly sucks at it......it is a toshiba t4k37 which is capable of 720p @60fps & 180p @60fps & vga@120
Proper development should unlock its capablities....plz take a look at this

Reactions: quick05

i snort flour

Jan 17, 2013
hahaha did u remember what asus said "see what others %@&#&#& fuc* that get xiaomi mi4i install ****in snapdragon camera in fact its cheaper than so called zenfone 2
Xiaomi's slow motion isn't that good either. I own a mi3w which costs more than the ZenFone 2. To be honest this device is just as good if not better than Xiaomi. I honestly don't think I'll ever buy another Xiaomi again as they have a lot of cons. They just make the phone look good in specs everything else in the phone is just crap at best.
1+2 had some nice slow motion.
Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD using Tapatalk

prathu997

Jan 9, 2016
mumbai
Dude my zenfone2 4gb 64 nearly costs 400$.....mi3 is heavily cheaper like 200$
But the main concern is that it really sucks at slow mutton

i snort flour

Jan 17, 2013
Dude my zenfone2 4gb 64 nearly costs 400$.....mi3 is heavily cheaper like 200$
But the main concern is that it really sucks at slow mutton
Dude my ZenFone 2 64gb 4g ram was $269 (with free shipping) with a free ASUS 10050 mah battery bank and my mi3w cost me $289 (plus $20 shipping). If you found a mi3w for around $200 it's probably a fake with the mediatek chipset.
Don't get me wrong the Xiaomi is a great phone if you never want to hear a call in your pocket, wake up to alarm, have cell phone signal inside buildings or want to be able to lock onto GPS satellites then yeah it's a great device. It also has a poorly designed charging port that ruins your cables (ruined 3 cables already) and eventually craps out. I'm currently awaiting a new charging port to arrive from China after just 1 year of use.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

By the way, the way our device does slow motion is basically the same as movies do slow motion. For example: in theaters movies play at 24fps. To achieve a slow motion scene they use a high speed camera capable of shooting up to a hundred thousand fps. So say they shot a scene at 2400fps and played it at 24fps you have slow motion. Beings our camera can't shoot hundreds of fps they shoot at the highest fps the software is capable of and lower the playback fps (30 to 6). I agree it would look a little better doing 60fps record and 12fps playback but your never going to achieve movie quality slow motion on any phone ever. Cameras like that cost thousands of dollars.

Last edited:

Me_Zaid

Dec 11, 2017
I know it's late but... I can't hold it! I love how Asus puts great hardware in their phones and then ruins everything with poorly-made software that does not exploit its hardware capabilities at a maximum level. It's not only the RAW capability that's missing, but also the slow motion recording, which is a total joke! It's just a slowed-down 30 fps video. WHY ON EARTH did they do that? To keep the humongous 1080p format? I don't care if it's a 480p video as long as it's PROPERLY slowed down. (They need to reduce the format in order to increase the frame rate, to keep hardware parameters and things safe.) Just do your goddamn job and respect the hardware capabilities that YOU opted for, Asus!

Maybe they don't have a legal obligation to make hardware components available at a max level, but they definitely have a moral obligation out of respect for the customer. Even Samsung SGH-I900 (Omnia) shoots better slow motion videos, no matter if the resolution's crap! Pity, 'cause these are amazing devices that could shoot some pretty decent (even pro quality) photography or videos! The ZX551ML is a supposed "camera phone" - it shoots great pictures, but it could have been much better.

I also love how nobody knows what camera model is in the Zenfone Zoom's rear. For instance, we all know that the front camera in both models, the ZE551ML and ZX551ML, is Omnivision's OV5670, while the Zenfone 2 has a Toshiba T4K37 rear sensor. In Zenfone Zoom (ZX551ML), the hardware-information-gathering apps only show "Fujitsu MO10M" as the camera make and model, which is the image processing engine actually, not the sensor. And as to the front camera, according to Omnivision's official papers, that little bugger is capable of shooting 60 fps 1080p VIDEOS! It is also capable of shooting 120 frames per second at a 480p resolution. I see none of these things possible in Asus' implementation or default camera app... the famous PixelMaster. I don't know who is responsible for all these things but I think I'd make "great friends" with the software engineer who made this s**t.

Anything new on this? Did you find a way to unlock the real capabilities of your device? Thank you!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The slow motion video of ZenFone 2 ze551ml sucks.....its just 30fps video which runs at 6fps so as to give it a feel of slow motion which is badly sucks at it......it is a toshiba t4k37 which is capable of 720p @60fps & 180p @60fps & vga@120
    Proper development should unlock its capablities....plz take a look at this