Unbrick vid , any brick from beginning

Search This thread

timbernot

Sep 20, 2013
N/W UK
ok! i will do and let you know.. thanks!
Remember , depending on how long you been trying to flash your fone in a bricked state, battery maybe too low to switch to bootloader. Leaving on charge a while, some have found that their fones enter bootloader after being on charge a while.
also later, when you come to flash raw-- use the flashtool in the first page , the later ones flash at different places (my findings) and the process in the vid will be similar to the flash of this flashtool. Also depends on pc speeds etc.
When you have success hit the thanks button and i will know you are on the next flashing phase ;)

t00lshed

Jun 25, 2012
Remember , depending on how long you been trying to flash your fone in a bricked state, battery maybe too low to switch to bootloader. Leaving on charge a while, some have found that their fones enter bootloader after being on charge a while.
also later, when you come to flash raw-- use the flashtool in the first page , the later ones flash at different places (my findings) and the process in the vid will be similar to the flash of this flashtool. Also depends on pc speeds etc.
When you have success hit the thanks button and i will know you are on the next flashing phase ;)

hi! i charged my zf2 and nothing, the same result. I attached the logfile, if you please can check it. I reinstall all the drivers, and always the same thing :(

Attachments

• xfstklog_Sun_Sep_4_17-20-47_2016.txt
    27.3 KB · Views: 111
Reactions: prathu997

timbernot

Sep 20, 2013
N/W UK
hi! i charged my zf2 and nothing, the same result. I attached the logfile, if you please can check it. I reinstall all the drivers, and always the same thing :(
You have success , you should be in bootloader by now.... but you`re saying you are only at the 4 colours screen still ?

If the case of 4 colours still , try flashing again with the setting as they are 0x80000807 (4x0`s)
But once you meet the four colour screen again, change the settings(gp overide) in the box ending in [CRC] to
0x800000807 (5x0`s)
Dont disconnect phone, just recycle phone - power plus vol+ for ten secs , release and repeat .
if no success , flash again 4x0`s till success and leave phone connected to pc and wait a while.

t00lshed

Jun 25, 2012
You have success , you should be in bootloader by now.... but you`re saying you are only at the 4 colours screen still ?

If the case of 4 colours still , try flashing again with the setting as they are 0x80000807 (4x0`s)
But once you meet the four colour screen again, change the settings(gp overide) in the box ending in [CRC] to
0x800000807 (5x0`s)
Dont disconnect phone, just recycle phone - power plus vol+ for ten secs , release and repeat .
if no success , flash again 4x0`s till success and leave phone connected to pc and wait a while.

i did it about 6 times and nothing, damn zf2 jaja. When the 4 colors appear, i changed for 0x800000807 and press power plus vol + and repeat, the 4 colours appear again and that's all. I tried "fastboot devices" and nothing again.

timbernot

Sep 20, 2013
N/W UK
I`m miffed by this - this never been a problem for me
The only thing i can suggest is try new file downloads and maybe fanfans new files, remember once downloaded. Extract files offline with a/v disabled(not driver files,they are ok) and try again.
Maybe leave connected to pc over night and check again in the morn - grasping at straws now ugh

http://xdaforums.com/zenfone2/general/guide-fix-bricked-ze550ml-ze551ml-usb-t3405840

Reactions: t00lshed

t00lshed

Jun 25, 2012
I`m miffed by this - this never been a problem for me
The only thing i can suggest is try new file downloads and maybe fanfans new files, remember once downloaded. Extract files offline with a/v disabled(not driver files,they are ok) and try again.
Maybe leave connected to pc over night and check again in the morn - grasping at straws now ugh

http://xdaforums.com/zenfone2/general/guide-fix-bricked-ze550ml-ze551ml-usb-t3405840

thanks for all your help! i will do in other computer, maybe i did something wrong in the process.

smileymatt

Aug 15, 2013
Timbernot, will this work for lollipop 2.20.40.196? :) because I updated with xposed installed I forgot to remove it first. The root is fine, I used the one which enables you to update without removing root.
Then I wiped cache and did factory reset idk if I fcked up lol. But my phone is stuck on asus loading screen and I can access to stock recovery and can connect to pc. Can I still use this method?

timbernot

Sep 20, 2013
N/W UK
Timbernot, will this work for lollipop 2.20.40.196? :) because I updated with xposed installed I forgot to remove it first. The root is fine, I used the one which enables you to update without removing root.
Then I wiped cache and did factory reset idk if I fcked up lol. But my phone is stuck on asus loading screen and I can access to stock recovery and can connect to pc. Can I still use this method?

If you can enter stock recovery - then adb sideload full firmware
Dont go near flashing anything from here till we sort whats what

Last edited:
Reactions: smileymatt

smileymatt

Aug 15, 2013
Yes sir, stock recovery :)
But the last I installed xfstk it wont open on my pc, so idk what mistake I did in installing it

timbernot

Sep 20, 2013
N/W UK
Yes sir, stock recovery :)
But the last I installed xfstk it wont open on my pc, so idk what mistake I did in installing it

dont go near xfstk
you need to adb sideload firmware

some stuff thanks to shackalacka
https://mega.nz/#F!k4MHiAgL!dVuOKeH3eokcwPSNI79ffw
firmware
https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone_2_ZE551ML/HelpDesk_Download/

go to 3.2) Flashing Zenfone 2 via ADB of this...
http://xdaforums.com/zenfone2/general/asus-zenfone-2-flashing-recovery-mode-t3096596

Last edited:

smileymatt

Aug 15, 2013

sukhwant717

Mar 17, 2015
Amritsar

smileymatt

Aug 15, 2013
Timber sorry for the barrage of questions, but I just wanted to make sure which firmware do I need? and I only need the firmware and the adb?
I have the current which is 2.20.40.196.
Do I need 2.15.40.13? or my phones previous firmware?

And a sample of this command please :)
adb sideload file.zip (where file.zip is the file name of the Asus firmware)

Last edited:

sukhwant717

Mar 17, 2015
Amritsar
here my fastboot info :

fastboot mode (red colour)
Product_Name - Z008
Variant - ASUS_Z008
HW_VERSION -
BOOTLOADER VERSION - unknow
IFWI VERSION - 0088.016B
SERIAL NUMBER - 0123456789ABCDEF
SIGNING - ?
SECURE_BOOT - ?

continue the fastboot process (blue colour)
any something wrong on that?

beforely, i flash ifwi, dnx, boot, droidboot MM to get my phone bricked. then i used XFSTK too repair it, firmware + OS download success, then show a raibow bar on my phone then my fastboot show, then i use AFT. my SN and My Imei wont recover. i ve tried for couple times and stuck for 3 days for this. please help me
asus flash tool will not work. use the following guide after step 2. hit thanks if helped. any question please post in that thread. i will answer at earliest possible

http://xdaforums.com/zenfone2/help/thead-bricked-phone-updating-to-mm-tips-t3452785

---------- Post added at 07:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:50 AM ----------

Timber sorry for the barrage of questions, but I just wanted to make sure which firmware do I need? and I only need the firmware and the adb?

sorry though i am unable to understand properly what you actually want to do. but if you want to update to Marshmallow. then you are good the go. 2.20.40.194 is needed to update to marshmallow. yeas that is the correct command to sideload.

timbernot

Sep 20, 2013
N/W UK

install this if not got, set it up for short-cut on desktop...right click on short-cut - open file location-- put the asus firmware in the box where you opened file location--rename it to MOFD_SDUPDATE and close it.
go back to minimal adb, back on desktop and open it.
Put your fone into recovery , choose update over adb on fone..... and send cmds from pc is >
adb sideload MOFD_SDUPDATE.zip

minimum adb
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2317790

timbernot

Sep 20, 2013
N/W UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00lshed

i did it about 6 times and nothing, damn zf2 jaja. When the 4 colors appear, i changed for 0x800000807 and press power plus vol + and repeat, the 4 colours appear again and that's all. I tried "fastboot devices" and nothing again.

ahh thats not any issue. even if you are in four color bar. try fastboot commands

http://xdaforums.com/zenfone2/help/thead-bricked-phone-updating-to-mm-tips-t3452785

Please explain how he runs fastboot cmds when he says he has nothing in fastboot ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But this seems interesting , another good friend tried this below ......Before we found the quick and correct 4x0`s method, then it was simply forgot ! maybe worth a try for toolshed and i will try next bricked zen2 ;)

-Open XFSTK Downloader, first passed click the second tab MRD A0 / B0 + MOOR A0 + CRC .

-Then Go to Options to change the value in the Value Section Override Flag GP 0x80000807. Tick GP value over ride, change device detection time out value to 120 and Click OK is complete initial preparation.

Last edited:

sukhwant717

Mar 17, 2015
Amritsar
Quote:
Originally Posted by t00lshed

Please explain how he runs fastboot cmds when he says he has nothing in fastboot ?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But this seems interesting , another good friend tried this below ......Before we found the quick and correct 4x0`s method, then it was simply forgot ! maybe worth a try for toolshed and i will try next bricked zen2 ;)

-Open XFSTK Downloader, first passed click the second tab MRD A0 / B0 + MOOR A0 + CRC .

-Then Go to Options to change the value in the Value Section Override Flag GP 0x80000807. Tick GP value over ride, change device detection time out value to 120 and Click OK is complete initial preparation.
it is to be used after xFSTK process. even when someone gets 4 color bar( withount seeing fastboot window) . users are able to run fastboot commands. xFSTK do not install fastboot permanently its a temporary process.

---------- Post added at 10:33 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:31 AM ----------

ahh thats not any issue. even if you are in four color bar. try fastboot commands

and you do not need to change zeros to 5 it is 0x80000807 in entire process.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is ZE551ML Z00A
    First view ? Never used XFSTK downloader ?
    (fast forward to 18:30 mins in for settings to be modified in XFSTK re... changing GP over ride to 0x80000807 ) Then follow process from the beginning of the video.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmbRaJijIBs&feature=youtu.be

isoc driver( install this first on its own )
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/qhss2kw3vw8uq19/iSocUSB-Driver_v1.2.0.exe

Files for downloader 551 ONLY !!!
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/xd8vll7ep644hyo/droidboot_dnx.img.POS_sign.zip

Downloader (isoc driver needs installing before this, if opens up blank - isoc driver isnt installed correctly)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/qalvtzrm7n2fchp/xfstk-downloader_v1.7.0.exe

Flashtool(install this once you get success at temp bootloader screen after 4 colours)
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/sm76jyyz8t1axmz/AsusFlashToolInstaller_1.0.0.17.rar

Raw files to be flashed in flashtool can be found here on XDA thanks go to RealYoti here >
    https://xdaforums.com/zenfone2/general/z008-z00a-z00d-z00x-raw-fw-collection-t3448966

**********EDIT**********
    AS YOU MAYBE AWARE , RAW FILES FOR 551 Z00A M ARE NOW AVAILABLE BY REALYOTI ABOVE.
    So >
    If you bricked in M somehow , extract .184 M stock fw from ASUS itself .
    Extract IFWI file and in put the IFWI into xFSTK ...leave dnx fwr and posignbin the same:good:
    When you get to bootloader after flashing in xFSTK . Your IFWI version should be >
    0094.0183 for M
    Then flash 4.21.40.184 M raw file in AFT Provided above .

Note. , if serial number is incorrect , you have to 2 part flash raw in AFT like the video.
    If serial is correct , flash raw ONCE only in AFT.
    People struggling still with this method-- yet i have used it over a hundred times without fail.
    Please dont send pm`s because i dont think you get my replies for some reason !
    If you are still having probs ....re-download your files required.
    Use a good quality usb data cable(one i used which worked perfectly all the time, wouldnt work in xfstk)
    Do - extract all files offline with A/V disabled.
    People with flat batts --
    leave your fone alone and off ,let battery build a bit to kickstart enough to get thru the next phase...

Flash xfstk with(4x0`s) 0x80000807 in CRC box ... get your bootloader fastboot quick then power off via bootloader and charge fone for a few hrs....then let cool before reflashing in XFSTK with settings(5x0`s) 0x800000807

Doesnt matter if it says fails operating system ,aslong as success in ifwi and fwr dnx--- you will be back in bootloader by then
    Then let fone stay connected to pc for 10mins atleast before closing XFSTK.
    Close Xfstk after 10 mins and flash raw.
    Follow vid re.. correcting serial number when fone pauses for approx 3 mins after flashing some cmds, when it stays on result=ok for 3 mins.
    Thread cleaned up.
    I would like to request if you are going to copy / paste a log text to a post and its not an attachment. Please use the "hide" feature to make it easier to navigate this thread. if you use
    [(/)HIDE] without the ( ) it will turn your log into a button so if people are willing to expand it they can.
    Thanks
    Wolf
    ok! i will do and let you know.. thanks!