[Tools]Hot Zenfone 2 one click root

Search This thread

soothsayer04

Dec 3, 2010
It did not work :( any other advice?
I'll try to wait for a few days for the push, if nothing changes I'm thinking of reflashing :(

mhp1995

Jan 5, 2014
New Delhi
I've rooted my phone in the past and removed a couple of bloats, unfortunately I did not backup.
I received a system update so I unrooted my phone using the oldway (superSU unroot)
after I tried to apply the update, I encountered an error and it did not pushed through. my phone is still booting without any problems but now the update is gone.

any advice how to fix this? Thank you! :)

Try changing Auto download system update to "Do not auto download the system update" , after changing reboot the device and check for updates that might work for you.. but it worked for me at the first day i get this phone..

Sorry for my poor english.

Sent from my ASUS_Z00AD

It did not work :( any other advice?
I'll try to wait for a few days for the push, if nothing changes I'm thinking of reflashing :(

He has deleted the bloatware...Its happening of that...Nothing to do with Auto-update ..See this thread for flashing the OTA... AND NEXT TIME DON'T DELETE ANY BLOATWARE JUST FREEZE IT...YOU WONT HAVE THIS PROBLEM AGAIN...

xdaforums.com/zenfone2/general/guide-to-apply-ota-bootloop-rooted-zf2-t3127835

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2015
What bloatware did u remove, if u uninstalled the system bloatware that related to the firmware and will have a big problem and its not easy to retrieve back. Tell me which bloatware u remove and I try to create a backup for u.

Last edited:

hi-phile

Dec 2, 2012
SJ, NorCal
Link asks for description key.

Sent from my BLU STUDIO 5.0 C using Tapatalk
This one - Capture.PNG

mhp1995

Jan 5, 2014
New Delhi
It's asking for key, post link with key included.

what key?? Working fine for me here with out any key. If you want I can make a mirror for you

This is weird... I opened both the links and its not asking me for any key..i downloaded the files without any problem

vampirefo

Apr 3, 2010
That's good for you, but for me, can't get passed key request.

saurabhrck

Jun 27, 2013
Kolkata
Smart Watches

Yes

This is weird... I opened both the links and its not asking me for any key..i downloaded the files without any problem

Google drive mirror:

Xposed: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B936USMlQhtKR3l6UE9TM01MX28/view?usp=sharing
Root: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B936USMlQhtKbmZLZDE3N1JMazA/view?usp=sharing

Please add these in OP

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Iam from vietnam
    Sorry english my bad
    New root for all Zenfone 2 ZE551ML , ZE550ML
    NOTE: install driver zenfone for PC
    Connect your device with your computer
    DOwnload file and unzip
    Run root_zenfone.bat
    OK tools auto work and devices rooted
    ============================================
    If want unroot run Xoa_root.bat
    Link download:click here
    tks to @shakalaca
    This is my venue 8 recovery, it backs up and restore correctly per it's design, if not working on your device simply means your device isn't generic, so find out what is the specific problem with your device, then add scripts to recovery zip to allow recovery to change from generic backup and restore to specific backup and restore for your device.
    This recovery was not build for this device, it was built for venue 8 and other generic devices, specific devices need to make their own scripts and add to recovery zip, or compile their own specific recovery.
    I have zero plans on updating the recovery, add scripts or build your own, recovery itself isn't going to change.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using Tapatalk

Maybe there is some misunderstanding...
    I never wanted to nag anybody about building a new recovery - as I wrote already, I am able to compile CWMs myself, so this was never the issue.
    My intention was, that maybe anybody testing your recovery got some error messages which he could already tell me. The only one from whom I got the correct input was @corrsea (thanks for the link BTW). Apparently 2 error sources are probable which I will handle when I receive the device (I personally think it's more Selinux related instead of erroneous fstab entries, but one never knows).

So don't worry, there was no intention to contact you for building any recovery - at least from my side.
    Iam from vietnam
    Sorry english my bad
    New root for Zenfone 2 ZE551ML , ZE550ML

+ Download superSu and copy storage
    + Install CWM recovery for Zenfone 2
    Link dowload:Click here
    +unzip file and click "cai_dat_CWM.bat"
    +On CMD type T4
    ok zenfone 2 auto boot CWM recovery
    +install file supersu zip
    DONE
    DEVICES Rooted
    TKS to @Chainfire @social-design-concepts

Will have to try this method... What about OTA..Can we apply OTA after updating SuperSU and its binaries or the phone gets into a bootloop??
    you run kiemtrabootloader
    zenfone auto reboot bootloader and reboot
    then you run root_zenfone.bat

This worked like a charm.

Thanks bud, you may want to sticky this post or add these instructions to the OP

EDIT: For anyone having trouble follow these Steps:

Make sure to Install USB Drivers, No Need for ADB since its Included in the Files folder of the .Zip, Make Sure USB Debugging is enabled, and Make sure you approve the ADB - Phone handshake between the PC and phone. prior to moving forward.

1. Run kiemtrabootloader
    2. Wait for zenfone to auto reboot bootloader and reboot
    3. When Android Boots, then you run root_zenfone.bat
    Unroot by SU and uninstall SU or only uninstall?:)
    Step1 Click app super user
    Step2 click unroot
    Done. Hi!!!