LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.x (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.
#include <std_disclaimer.h> /* * Your warranty is now void. * * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards, * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you. * */
All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.
First time flashing LineageOS 14.1 on your device, or coming from another ROM?
Download the zip(s).
Install Appropriate FW base (STOCK MM 4.21.40.xx base is required) simple FW update package is available at my download link
Install a compatible Recovery
Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM (Optional)
Wipe data & cache partitions of your device (required when coming from stock!).
Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package. Open Gapps x86 7.1
Optional: Install the addon SU zip (x86 version)
Broken Features / Known Issues
- VIDEO ENCODER/DECODER ISSUES: This results in green lines on videos/pictures taken using the Intel HW encoder/decoder and other playback issues dependent on video formats. See the list below:
- Snapchat: thin greeen line tends to appear on recorded videos for snapchat
- Asus Pixelmaster Camera App: Super resolution mode does not work. Turning off "Optimizations" from settings clears up any green line issues.
- Some video formats do not play as expected
- FM Radio is unsupported.
- sim 2 cannot be disabled (this is true for all CM builds on non qualcomm hardware)
- Other than Fugu (Nexus Player TV box) there are no Vendor released M x86/x86_64 builds in existance. You may experience some issues with GAPPS and some known apps not loading or working correctly. Below is a list of KNOWN apps that do not currently run on CM13 based x86 Zenfone 2 builds :
Polaris Office, Chase Mobile, Showbox...
- Screen recording not working Works now.
- Chromecast screen mirroring not working, native casting works though.
- factory reset from setting menu has been reported to cause recovery boot loops. Works now.
CM14 (not device specific issues)
No CMTE yet
CM file manager has trouble accessing external sdcard
Before posting on this thread, make sure of a few things:
You've utilized the search function of the forums. Nothing irritates me more than lazy people who do not search for an answer before asking or ask the same question over and over again.
If you are the only one having a problem. Boot into recovery, wipe data/factory reset, reflash the rom/gapps and nothing else. Boot up and see if the problem persists.
Make sure your post is relevant to this thread. "I'm having problems rooting/unlocking" is NOT relevant here.
LOGS LOGS LOGS!!!! Use this: SysLog by Tortel
As the Zenfone2 has multiple models from multiple countries please include the following information in your report:
CPU Speed / RAM Size
device state when errors occur (BT/wifi/nfc on ? On a call ? sitting idle on shelf ? )
method to reproduce if you've found something consistent
MM BL compatible TWRP: TWRP
MM BL compatible TWRP: TWRP
Google apps addon:
Recommend GAPPS for now as the updated x86 gapps.
Flashable SU addon/removal
FOR INFO ON MM BOOTLOADER BASED BUILDS SEE THIS POST
LineageOS 14.1 Nightly Bulids (Z00A/Z008), ROM for the Asus ZenFone 2
jrior001, crpalmer, say99
Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android...sus_moorefield
ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
ROM Firmware Required: 4.21.40.xxx stock base
Beta Release Date: 2016-11-09
Last Updated 2018-01-28