FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[DISCONTINED] [ROM] [7.1.x] Official LineageOS 14.1 Weekly Builds (Z00A/Z008)

3,192 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,752
 
By jrior001, Senior Member on 27th January 2017, 01:08 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
26th January 2018, 03:06 PM |#5441  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Fail to mirror Zenfone 2 in the car
Hello everyone, I have not been able to connect my Zenfone 2 Z00A to my car witch is compatible with android auto. I´m using this oficial weekly 14.1 ROM. Seems to be a problem between the comunication of the car device and the cell phone. The funny thing is that a person in the dealership with a android 6.0 phone could mirror his phone in an instant using the same usb cable that I was using. Does anybody know if I need to change any settings in the developer options so the USB debugging can work right and work with my car device? I have searched the interwebs for some solution but found nothing that can work with the zenfone 2. I really don´t want to go back to stock...
 
 
26th January 2018, 07:30 PM |#5442  
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
It works for me to mirror with android auto so there must be something you're doing wrong. I do have Android debugging on, not sure if this helps or not.

The issue I'm having is not being able to send videos filmed through whatsapp. The greenline issues that I think was supposed to be fixed some while ago. I have updated via lineage updater since the beginning without clean flash.
26th January 2018, 08:54 PM |#5443  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gervil

It works for me to mirror with android auto so there must be something you're doing wrong. I do have Android debugging on, not sure if this helps or not.

The issue I'm having is not being able to send videos filmed through whatsapp. The greenline issues that I think was supposed to be fixed some while ago. I have updated via lineage updater since the beginning without clean flash.

Good to know, maybe is my device that is a pain in the ass, I have the debugging on also, but still it doesn´t connect. Even when I donwload the app for the device (instead of the android auto) the car device indicates that the app is not open in the phone, even with the app opened. I found in some forums ppl saying that if you change the connection from charge to archive transfer it works, but I tried that and it don´t for me. One thing that I thouht was strange is that when I change the default USB action when the cable is connected, in the settings of the phone, and I return to the previous screen, the selection that appears is still the charging as the default. Would that be some error in the Z00A version of the LineageOS 14.1? (sorry if this is a stupid association, i´m a noob and don´t understand programing very well)

Thank you for the reply
26th January 2018, 09:04 PM |#5444  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Anyone expering noise on micro on calls? On some calls the person on the other side cant hear me. They ONLY hear an annoying noise...
28th January 2018, 04:15 AM |#5445  
Member
Thanks Meter: 16
 
More
Finally, Livedisplay quick toggle bug is fixed in 27th build.
Thanks devs

Sent from my ASUS_Z00A using XDA-Developers Legacy app
The Following User Says Thank You to [email protected]@bbit19 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift [email protected]@bbit19 Ad-Free
28th January 2018, 03:22 PM |#5446  
jrior001's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Flag Va Beach
Thanks Meter: 8,752
 
Donate to Me
More
FYI....

The 1/27/18 build will be the last official nightly. I'm calling it quits on these devices. My touchscreen on my last zf2 gave out and I'm done wasting money repairing these things. My development time will now primarily be devoted to a few test devices and my new beloved Essential Phone.

I wanted to take a moment here to thank all of those who have participated here, supported my work and the work of crpalmer early on. Also want to thank the few up and coming devs that have chipped in testing and tweaking and helping fix things along the way. It been a challenging experience supporting a unique device like this over the last few years.I also need to offer my gratitude to those of you who have made any donations to help fuel my efforts here, they were appreciated.


Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk
The Following 63 Users Say Thank You to jrior001 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jrior001 Ad-Free
28th January 2018, 03:57 PM |#5447  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 115
 
Donate to Me
More
Will there ever be an 15.1 for this device by other devs?
28th January 2018, 04:06 PM |#5448  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrior001

FYI....

The 1/27/18 build will be the last official nightly. I'm calling it quits on these devices. My touchscreen on my last zf2 gave out and I'm done wasting money repairing these things. My development time will now primarily be devoted to a few test devices and my new beloved Essential Phone.

I wanted to take a moment here to thank all of those who have participated here, supported my work and the work of crpalmer early on. Also want to thank the few up and coming devs that have chipped in testing and tweaking and helping fix things along the way. It been a challenging experience supporting a unique device like this over the last few years.I also need to offer my gratitude to those of you who have made any donations to help fuel my efforts here, they were appreciated.


Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Many thanks for your great and hard work!

I bought this device at the end of the last year because it was supported by LineageOS 14.1 and it was listed to be one of the first devices getting 15(.1).
So I'm a little bit sad to read this.

Is there still a plan for Oreo. Maybe by another maintainer?


Thanks a lot!
Alex
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Alex.NoName For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alex.NoName Ad-Free
28th January 2018, 04:15 PM |#5449  
filipe_m's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Porto
Thanks Meter: 76
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrior001

FYI....

The 1/27/18 build will be the last official nightly. I'm calling it quits on these devices. My touchscreen on my last zf2 gave out and I'm done wasting money repairing these things. My development time will now primarily be devoted to a few test devices and my new beloved Essential Phone.

I wanted to take a moment here to thank all of those who have participated here, supported my work and the work of crpalmer early on. Also want to thank the few up and coming devs that have chipped in testing and tweaking and helping fix things along the way. It been a challenging experience supporting a unique device like this over the last few years.I also need to offer my gratitude to those of you who have made any donations to help fuel my efforts here, they were appreciated.


Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Thanks for all your work...

It was a fantastic adventure...
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to filipe_m For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift filipe_m Ad-Free
28th January 2018, 04:31 PM |#5450  
nutcasev1.5's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Hyderabad, India
Thanks Meter: 2,651
 
More
This is going to be fun, it was fun & it is fun... See you around @jrior001

My next device is going to be something like this too. Obscure & development a challenge.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to nutcasev1.5 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nutcasev1.5 Ad-Free
28th January 2018, 06:06 PM |#5451  
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcasev1.5

This is going to be fun, it was fun & it is fun... See you around @jrior001

My next device is going to be something like this too. Obscure & development a challenge.

Zenfone 3?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes