FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 9 Lite

[ROM] [5.1.x] Unofficial CyanogenMod 12.1 Nightly Builds (Z00A/Z008)

2,999 posts
Thanks Meter: 8,278

By crpalmer, Recognized Developer on 24th July 2015, 12:03 PM
Thread Closed Email Thread
11th August 2015, 06:39 PM |#1011  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jc042982

I highly suggest that author can add daily updates log or feature on the first page.
It's is difficult to find out the difference between each vision.

You could also use the commits page of the github
https://github.com/CM-zenfone2/andro...ommits/cm-12.1
which has been mentions a few times already.

11th August 2015, 06:43 PM |#1012  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
My experience on 0810
Thank you guys for all the hard work on this build, it is looking great! The issues I have so far include:
Camera crash when switching rear to front and so forth.
Screen tearing (on scrolling and animations).
Significant delay with tap-to-wake.
Tap-to-wake shows unlocked home screen for a second or two then switches to lock screen.
AwesomePlayer required to get any audio.
Using "cast screen" gives me a "not optimized for this device" message and a blank screen on the target
Fast charging works but status is "?" in status bar.

Logs: not letting me post due to being new to XDA. I'll PM a link if necessary.

Notes: In order to unlock my bootloader I had to revert to an old version of droidboot.img. I am using TWRP official as my recovery. I did a totally clean flash for 0810 and came from stock. I also am having no radio issues (LTE, BT, WiFi etc.) all working normally. I had only so-so battery life on the stock ROM and after a day and a half on 0810 my battery life is looking significantly better than stock.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 473NG3R For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 473NG3R Ad-Free
11th August 2015, 08:02 PM |#1013  

More
Update to 0811
Just dirty flashed to 0811, screen tearing is gone as mentioned earlier, I also turned off AwesomePlayer and audio is working fine. Not seeing delay and home screen when using tap-to-wake now either. My updated list:
Camera crash when switching rear to front and so forth.
Screen tearing (on scrolling and animations).
Significant delay with tap-to-wake.
Tap-to-wake shows unlocked home screen for a second or two then switches to lock screen.

AwesomePlayer required to get any audio.
Using "cast screen" gives me a "not optimized for this device" message and a blank screen on the target
Fast charging works but status is "?" in status bar.
11th August 2015, 08:42 PM |#1014  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Hi there,

i'm having a little issiue with mms, after changing apps like gloves, i menaged find one, that works but with little bug. When mms is recived, its shows three empty squares and four one with mms. Last checked app, hangouts 4.0 gives message "couldn't save mms", maybe its a chmod issiue?

regards
11th August 2015, 09:26 PM |#1015  
Retired Forum Moderator
Flag Sunnyvale
Thanks Meter: 1,326

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rblaker

Camera still having bugs tho

How so?
11th August 2015, 09:40 PM |#1016  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
OMG OMG Thanks for this rom. i love it.

when it's ready as daily driver - i will donate

-
can you prefer gapps for this rom ?
should i do something special after flash ?
11th August 2015, 10:15 PM |#1017  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
11-August build
These are the bugs for me that are still remaining in the 11-August build:
  • A question mark is shown in the circular charging indicator when fast charging.
  • When an app has an 'only when charging' option, such as the 'battery saver' option in Bittorrent Sync, it doesn't recognize that the phone is plugged in when it is fast-charging.
  • The '"Don't ask for PIN or password" option in System profiles doesn't seem to do anything. "Disable lock screen" works.
  • After losing a cellular connection, there is a good chance that the cellular connection will not properly be re-gained (displaying instead, the never-ending exclamation point or "No Service"). This seems to happen more often when WiFi is enabled. Usually a reboot fixes it.
12th August 2015, 12:25 AM |#1018  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joel.maxuel

How so?

Phone hangs when changing from back to front cam, either way. And also music player don't work well when using earphones it crashes and sometime forces to reboot..
The Following User Says Thank You to rblaker For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rblaker Ad-Free
12th August 2015, 02:48 AM |#1019  

More
If you don't rely on the camera this ROM is easily a daily driver. As of now the camera issue is the only thing I can see having any effect on me. It is currently my main phone. I'm just so floored how much better than the stock this is. Just getting rid of the bloatware is a huge win but this is so much more. Seriously huge respect to @crpalmer @jrior001 and @hharte and any others who have contributed. I've been keeping an eye on CM for this phone and I'm so happy to have it now. Thanks for all the hard work!
The Following User Says Thank You to 473NG3R For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 473NG3R Ad-Free
12th August 2015, 03:00 AM |#1020  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
How's the battery life in the latest build? I was installing nighties but reverted back to an earlier build after the massive battery usage increase around 08/07.
The Following User Says Thank You to Da_Badger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Da_Badger Ad-Free
12th August 2015, 03:04 AM |#1021  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 473NG3R

If you don't rely on the camera this ROM is easily a daily driver. As of now the camera issue is the only thing I can see having any effect on me. It is currently my main phone. I'm just so floored how much better than the stock this is. Just getting rid of the bloatware is a huge win but this is so much more. Seriously huge respect to @crpalmer @jrior001 and @hharte and any others who have contributed. I've been keeping an eye on CM for this phone and I'm so happy to have it now. Thanks for all the hard work!

I'm also at aww in this ROM. Definitely can be used as a daily driver. I don't take selfie so I can manage to use this.
One more that bothers is the music player? It crashes.. Tried installing Google music app no audio output. Audiofx icon in the notification drawer disappears when playing music..
Still happy HAPPY tho. I know they will fix this. Thank you so much.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread