[ROM] [7.1.x] [DISCONTINUED] Official LineageOS 14.1 Weekly Builds (Z00D)

Search This thread

euleralves

Sep 26, 2008
alves.pro.br

I have tried. Apparently, It's the same error of Magisk: "The boot partition couldn't be found". Looks like z00d uses a exotic boot name or partition.

About the link above, "Boot/Recovery image signature patcher for Zenfone 2 [Z00A/Z008/Z00X]", there is a typo in the text that says z00d, but it is only for Z00A,Z008 or Z00X, as you can see by the title or the file content.

oslo83

rgazapo

Dec 1, 2011
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
I have had zero luck trying to install any 3rd party root/su utility for LOS. I just stick to the one provided by Flex. It seems to be the only one that works.

---------- Post added at 03:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:20 PM ----------

I did see we are now supported through Mokee. Has anyone tried their build out yet?

Yes, look back page 94 this post, since december of las t year

reaperx7

Dec 15, 2016
You should apply to be the official maintainer for now, even if you're only rebuilding existing code against newer patches for the OS and kernel in a general sense.

It would be better to have this going through official channels so we can get regular updates via the built-in updater so we don't have to nuke our installs when we want to get the latest patches and security fixes.

However, regardless even patches are welcome if this is all we can get, because with the state of security features when it comes to Android and Linux based systems in general, having a system that is getting some work to keep the system safe from attacks is never a bad thing.

Have you attempted to build and test Flex's 15.0 tree yet and see what needs work yet? I remember Flex posted:

No SMS, wrong IMEI, wrong signal strength.

I wonder if Oreo 8.1 (Lineage 15.1) cleared up issues with this?

Last edited:

ct85msi

Jan 7, 2011
Constanta
I will give the 15.1 code a go. I'm also very curious. The battery drain that I reported before is gone, google play services was at fault, once it updated,the drain was gone. Even the stock rom reported that play services was draining the battery.

reaperx7

Dec 15, 2016
Google Play Service has always been a headache for me. Its buggy, it crashes a lot, it suddenly hogs the system resources and then just dies... It was doing this back when I used CM7.

Reactions: ct85msi

reaperx7

Dec 15, 2016
It would be good to also have the original CM Yahoo Weather Plugin available also from your directory. Apparently it was discontinued but you can still get it and it still works with cLock just fine.

reaperx7

Dec 15, 2016
Currently I'm trying to get Flex's Lineage-15.0 branch built so I can try and see what all is needed. I know you can grab firmware from here and it should work fine if you can't sync the adb, which for some reason just will not work on my phone any longer. It just won't sync and pop up the allow list thing with the ./extract-file.sh says no devices connected and just sits there idle till I hit Ctrl+C a few times.

Also "breakfast" is being a pain in the ass and the Debian-Stretch install I have for WSUS for Windows 10 doesn't like drag-and-drop files and won't recognize them, so I can't just drop the .zip of the latest source pull and it'll magically work, so any downloading, unpacking, building anything has to be done in the Bash shell, and has come to a halt after several hours of syncing the source tree, getting fed up, and deleting files. I think I might have to just install Linux to a spare disk and use the native drivers for whatever reason this one just won't.

ct85msi

Jan 7, 2011
Constanta
WSL is only a "tease". It`s nothing like a full fledged VM or bare metal install. I will try to build it myself. That`s where I got the firmware blobs, I couldn`t extract them from none of my Z00D`s, it gave me an error at the camera firmware, I can`t remember 100%.

The time is limited, I`m a father since the 10th of May, and between the changing of pampers and other personal stuff/work I will try to build the oreo image for Z00D. :)

Reactions: ichigo696

Fencey

Sep 13, 2015
Anyone know why it's always connected to a cellular network even while in airplane mode? I don't use it as a phone and it's always constantly wasting battery. I've had this issue ever since the official builds.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180613-223745.png
    Screenshot_20180613-223745.png
    55 KB · Views: 398
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    LineageOS is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 7.1.x (Nougat), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
    #include <std_disclaimer.h>

/*
     * Your warranty is now void.
     * We are not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at us for messing up your device, we will laugh at you.
     */

LineageOS is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. You will need to provide your own Google Applications package (gapps). LineageOS does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

All the source code for LineageOS is available in the LineageOS Github repo. And if you would like to contribute to LineageOS, please visit our Gerrit Code Review. Your changelog is whatever was merged into gerrit.

Information:
    Finally! This is the official builds of LineageOS 14.1 for Z00D.

Known issues:
    • FM Radio is unsupported.
    • Like on the most devices with LineageOS 14.1, some video formats do not play so good.
    • In nature, there are no official Android Nougat builds for 32-bit Intel devices, so we cannot update some non device-specific blobs (like Houdini and wvm) to latest versions and there may be problems with some apps (e.g. 2GIS and UC Browser).

Bug reporting:
    Before the report make sure that your device was properly updated to the latest stock base (modem firmware is mostly important) and you've installed the latest build of the ROM.
    Explain the bug in details and, if possible, methods to reproduce it.
    For most issues, you should attach the logcat. It you have problems with the network/RIL, attach the radio logcat too (logcat -b radio).
    Random reboots? Please upload all ramoops files from /sys/fs/pstore immediately after the kernel crash.

Links:
    Download LineageOS 14.1
    Download Root Addon
    Download TWRP Recovery
    Download GAPPS

Donation:
    I don't force you, but if you like my work and want to:
    Donate to me

ATTENTION: This is not Z00A/8 builds and surely will not work with it.

XDA:DevDB Information
    Official LineageOS 14.1 Builds (Z00D), ROM for the Asus ZenFone 2

Contributors
    flex1911, jrior001, crpalmer, X AnwarMov
    Source Code: https://github.com/LineageOS/android_device_asus_Z00D

ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: .126
    Based On: LineageOS

Version Information

Created 2016-12-09
    Last Updated 2018-01-28
    Some good news.
    Finally, Z00D is officially supported LineageOS device :p
    There are some misc stuff that we need to fix. Anyway, official builds will start with other devices.

Though, there will be some signing changes in official LineageOS, so data wipe will be required.
    Reserved

See this for some information on the first official build

Starting from official, there are new signing keys used. It's recommended to make data wipe before installing it on top of unofficial 14.1 builds.
    There is official way to flash it WITHOUT wipes on top of unofficial build. It should work, but may kill
    Migration guide:
    • Install EXPERIMENTAL migration build on top of unofficial Lineage/CM 14.1 build.
    • Reboot
    • Install normal "nightly" build
    • Re-setup permissions for some apps if missing

FAQ:
    Soon

Hints:
    • Root is not available "out of box". Use official SU addon

Changelog:
    Old unofficial builds stuff
    Code:
    [B]20170122 (PRE-OFFICIAL):[/B]
    Updated LineageOS to the latest git base
    Moved back to ondemand governor
    Moved from Snap to AOSP Camera2, it's 100x stabler.
    Reverted upstream kernel updates, back to 3.10.20 again (stabler)
    Kernel security updates
    Bringed proper images for offline charging
    Various minor updates and fixes
    [B]20170110:[/B]
    Updated LineageOS to the latest git base with January security update (android 7.1.1-r9)
    Various kernel and device-related updates
    [B]20170103:[/B]
    Synced kernel with the latest upstream base (3.10.104)
    Slightly optimized Interactive governor for better perf and power consumption
    [B]20170101:[/B]
    Fixed modem for some devices
    Minor updates and fixes
    [B]20161230:[/B]
    First ever build after migration to Lineage
    Fixed offline charging 
    Fixed incall audio issues
    Minor kernel updates and fixes
    [B]20161225[HIDE="old unofficial stuff"]:[/B]
    Updated CM to the latest git base
    Ambient display support
    Simple performance profiles based on min/max frequency tuning
    Minor kernel fixes and updates
    [B]20161221:[/B]
    Some performance-related kernel config changes
    F2FS driver and fs encryption updates from 4.10-rc1 linux kernel
    [B]20161219:[/B]
    Updated cpufreq-related stuff in kernel
    Moved to interactive governor (should fix lags and occasional reboots)
    [B]20161218:[/B]
    Minor graphics and media stack fixes
    [B]20161217:[/B]
    Changed device name to stock (ASUS PixelMaster camera should work now)
    Minor updates and fixes
    [B]20161216:[/B]
    Rewritten file_contexts to be more compliant with the stock ROM (there should not be problems with modem anymore)
    Fixed sepolicy and switched back to enforcing SELinux
    [B]20161215:[/B]
    Temporary moved to permissive SELinux
    [B]20161214:[/B]
    Updated CM and Android to the latest git base (7.1.1-r6)
    Enforcing SELinux mode
    [B]20161212:[/B]
    Updated houdini blobs to the latest Marshmallow version (6.1.2 r48748)
    Fixed WiFi/USB/BT tethering
    Some minor changes/updates and cleanup
    [B]20161211:[/B]
    Fixed akmd (Magnetic field sensor and compass support)
    Merged the latest CMActions
    Disabled some charger settings to make it look decent with our bootloader
    Fixed bd_prov (bluetooth device provision)
    [B]20161210:[/B]
    Revert radio libraries to stock (they work like a charm on cm 14.1)
    Fixed keystore (now smart lock and other things related to keystore work)
    Updated kernel with the latest binder patches
    GPS fixes
    Minor WiFi configuration changes
    [B]20161209:[/B]
    First Nougat build for Z00D

Screenies:
    ruAXIoKppqs.jpg
    jkPbQYfrxeo.jpg
    a_NtSYRaMSo.jpg
    Hey Flex, will you be switching to the LineageOS code after the new year for this?

Newer builds will be LineageOS.
    New build is available now!