Since the new themes app update, third party themes support is back. However, it looks like third party themes cannot theme apps and system ui... Can anyone confirm this? To fully apply the theme, you need a firmware inferior to 126.96.36.199.
Get the stock Android experience on your ZenFone.
Apply the theme to change:
- Lock screen shortcuts
- Quick settings panel
- Status bar icons
- Settings app (Light only)
- Dialer and Contacts app (To enable the dark theme, tap the 3 dots menu (on the dialpad)→Settings→Custom Settings→Theme→Dark Theme)
- Messaging app (To enable the dark theme, tap the 3 dots menu→Settings→Customize→Dark Theme)
- Music app (To enable the dark theme, tap the 3 dots menu→Settings→Theme color→Dark Theme)
Make sure you set the Asus keyboard theme to "Material" and that you reset all themed apps to their default accent color.
You may need to restart your device for the changes to take effect.
You can choose the dark theme in the apps settings.
Now includes dark mode
- Changed "Hide dialer" icon
- Changed quick settings "disabled" icons
- Dark mode supported
- Support for 720p devices (xhdpi)
- Changed "No signal" icons
- Enlarged Wifi dialog size
- Fixed an issue in account settings
- Added shadows in settings app
- Themed music notification controls
- Now flagged as "Stock Android" in the "Themes" app
I did not include any wallpaper or icon pack because you can already find lots of them in the Play Store.
I made this theme using:
- ZenFone 2 System Image
- Stock Android Marshmallow System Image
- ext4 Unpacker
- Android Studio
Many thanks to the developpers of these great tools!