FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[MOD] ZTE Blade S6 (P839F30) partitioning storage

203 posts
Thanks Meter: 209

By lightwars, Senior Member on 10th December 2015, 12:56 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi,

if you feel like repartitioning your device or just try something new. Now you can...
I had a look at the partitions of our device and thought of merging the userdata and sdcard0 partitions to gain more space and using the newer storage layout with data/media. After searching I found some infos, changed a script and voila it worked and now I have one partition for data and media.

Preparation:
Caution playing with the partition table is very risky and can damage your device permanently or to say it can brick!!!
Make every backup you can thing of!

So maybe go into QHSUSB__BULK mode by using attached Send_Command.exe like stated below, where comport is your actual port like COM9.
Code:
Send_Command.exe \\.\comport
# ENTER
More infos here.
Get a copy of HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool or similar like EMMCRAW. Make a hard copy of your device memory.

Make definitively a TWRP backup.

Now use this zip and flash it via TWRP, note that you should put the zip on a external sd card or use adb sideload.
Next you should got into wipe and select format data, type yes and acknowledge it.
Now you should have more than 11GB as data storage, see pics in the attachment.

When you do the switch you should also switch TWRP to one which do not support sdcard0, cause this partition is gone

Please note: This mod will like not work properly if your using stock rom from zte!
I also made a zip for spliting and recreating the sdcard0 and userdata partitions, after using it, you should also format data like described above. And format your new sdcard0 partition properly as fat. This zip works also, I tested it. Maybe one can improve the script, saving extra formating the partitions.

This zip should provide infos about the partitions of your device...

Credits:
petrov.0 and his thread, which has all infos and the original zip files, which I modified
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	before.png
Views:	4146
Size:	57.3 KB
ID:	3571427   Click image for larger version

Name:	after.png
Views:	4122
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	3571428  
Attached Files
File Type: zip Send_Command.zip - [Click for QR Code] (4.8 KB, 1598 views)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to lightwars For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lightwars Ad-Free

10th December 2015, 01:53 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
awesome, thanks a lot for sharing!
makes this device useable much better!
The Following User Says Thank You to eis0r For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eis0r Ad-Free
10th December 2015, 08:02 PM |#3  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightwars

Hi,

if you feel like repartitioning your device or just try something new. Now you can...
I had a look at the partitions of our device and thought of merging the userdata and sdcard0 partitions to gain more space and using the newer storage layout with data/media. After searching I found some infos, changed a script and voila it worked and now I have one partition for data and media.

Preparation:
Caution playing with the partition table is very risky and can damage your device permanently or to say it can brick!!!
Make every backup you can thing of!

So maybe go into QHSUSB__BULK mode by using attached Send_Command.exe like stated below, where comport is your actual port like COM9.

Code:
Send_Command.exe \\.\comport
# ENTER
More infos here.
Get a copy of HDD-Raw-Copy-Tool or similar like EMMCRAW. Make a hard copy of your device memory.

Make definitively a TWRP backup.

Now use this zip and flash it via TWRP, note that you should put the zip on a external sd card or use adb sideload.
Next you should got into wipe and select format data, type yes and acknowledge it.
Now you should have more than 11GB as data storage, see pics in the attachment.

When you do the switch you should also switch TWRP to one which do not support sdcard0, cause this partition is gone

Please note: This mod will like not work properly if your using stock rom from zte!
I also made a zip for spliting and recreating the sdcard0 and userdata partitions, after using it, you should also format data like described above. And format your new sdcard0 partition properly as fat. This zip works also, I tested it. Maybe one can improve the script, saving extra formating the partitions.

Credits:
petrov.0 and his thread, which has all infos and the original zip files, which I modified

How can I switch TWRP? "When you do the switch you should also switch TWRP to one which do not support sdcard0, cause this partition is gone"
10th December 2015, 09:59 PM |#4  
Flag Munich
Thanks Meter: 25

More
done hope everything works fine now ...90min of sweating..
24th December 2015, 08:22 PM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
there is an easiest way to do it? unfortunately I did not understand much, you can explain step by step how to do
10th January 2016, 08:50 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
it works for eu devices ?????
11th January 2016, 11:38 AM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Wuppertal
Thanks Meter: 209

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sir jufer

it works for eu devices ?????

do not know, no device to test with. try the zip, which should show some infos about the partition layout, actually it didn't worked out on my device, like it should...
If it do not work for you: it should copied sgdisk on your device to /tmp/sgdisk. Still in recovery use in the terminal or via adb shell the following commands:
Code:
/tmp/sgdisk -p /dev/block/mmcblk0
/tmp/sgdisk --info=30 /dev/block/mmcblk0
/tmp/sgdisk --info=31 /dev/block/mmcblk0
copy your recovery log to sd and post it here.
25th January 2016, 01:52 PM |#8  

More
ok i do it, now i have 11.41gb storage but i cant save nothing on it, why.... no external storage avaible

How can I switch TWRP? "When you do the switch you should also switch TWRP to one which do not support sdcard0, cause this partition is gone"
25th January 2016, 01:57 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by muzungu77

ok i do it, now i have 11.41gb storage but i cant save nothing on it, why.... no external storage avaible

try recovery-twrp2870-p839f30-physical.img from here.
25th January 2016, 06:26 PM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nForce

try recovery-twrp2870-p839f30-physical.img from here.

ive yet recovery-twrp2870-p839f30-physical.img
i have as version, so i installed that recovery, the install mod , all fine but if i try to snap a photo the system tell me no ext memory avaible
28th January 2016, 06:25 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Help guys!! After install CM12.1 I've flashed this mod on my EU device but it doesn't work. I've made a full wipe and now I have a nice bricked phone without an OS installed. The phone can't mount E: internal storage and I can't install an other ROM.

Is there any way to make the phone useful again? Thanks!!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blade s6, p839f30, zte-blade-s6

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)