FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Deprecated

97 posts
Thanks Meter: 27

By xxMoon, Member on 21st February 2019, 07:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Obsolete, move to the new thread here below.

(EASY ROOT) Z982 via QFIL or TWRP B20_Modified SYSRW 4/8/19
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to xxMoon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xxMoon Ad-Free

21st February 2019, 08:11 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMoon

!!!!!WARNING!!!!!!
This will wipe your phone.

Prep

Enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking on your phone
Install ADB Driver
Install EDL Drivers
Restart Computer

Files

ZTE_BLADE_Z_MAX_edl.7z

Guide

1. Extract the folder inside ZTE_BLADE_Z_MAX_edl.7z to your desktop.

2. Connect your phone to your computer.

3. Open the folder "ZTE_BLADE_Z_MAX_edl" that you just extracted.

4. Right click on ZTE_BLADE_Z_MAX_edl.bat

5. click run as administrator

6. Press Y

7. Press 1

8. Press 2

9. Press Y

10. Press N

11. Press 1

12. Press 3

13. Press Y

14. Press N

15. Press Q

16. Disconnect your phone from the computer.

17. Press and hold "Power and Vol+" untill the ZTE Logo Appears then release the power button while continuing to hold vol+

18. Once booted into TWRP Recovery, swipe to allow modifications.

19. Tap Wipe

20. Tap Format Data

21. Type yes

22. Tap Blue checkmark

23. Back out to the main screen.

24. Tap Reboot

25. Tap System

"Initial Boot will take some time, and may even reboot"
"If more than 5 mins elapses, press and hold power button to restart device"

26. Setup Android

27. Locate Magisk and open it.

28. Install magisk manager "May have to anable unknown sources first"

!!!!DO NOT UPDATE MAGISK!!!! Only update the magisk manager.

Profit!!!!

nvm fixed my issue
22nd February 2019, 05:03 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 27

More
So upto magisk v18.0 works fine. However, 18.01 causes the phone to go into dfu mode.

It is important that you only update magisk manager, not magisk itself.
22nd February 2019, 05:40 PM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxMoon

So upto magisk v18.0 works fine. However, 18.01 causes the phone to go into dfu mode.

It is important that you only update magisk manager, not magisk itself.

Even though it says I have 18.0 installed, whenever I download a module it says that I need version 17.0+ which sucks because I really want to change the fonts. Whenever I try booting into twrp to manually flash, it never shows my files, no matter where I put them, I tried using Es file explorer to move them to/system/bin but it says operation failed every time so I do not know what to do at this point. I cant flash files via twrp or magisk and I really would like some help on this.

---------- Post added at 06:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

If so can you give me a detailed explanation on how to flash modules through ADB, seems that it is my only option until Magisk lets me download what I want. All I want to do right now is change my fonts so I can get rid of these blob emojis. If it helps, the file I'm trying to obtain offf magisk is called IOS 12.1 Emoji but like I said, it says I need v17.0 to install and gives me installation failed everytime
23rd February 2019, 02:08 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Good ****!!!!
23rd February 2019, 03:23 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Since a lot of people are having problem with magisk all just rebuild my boot.img so you won't have to add the su file. Then hopefully people would use it because it currently up to date without any issues I can find
23rd February 2019, 03:38 AM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasonls221

Since a lot of people are having problem with magisk all just rebuild my boot.img so you won't have to add the su file. Then hopefully people would use it because it currently up to date without any issues I can find

I did a whole reflash using yours and magisk wasnt there so I had to go back to the original one posted from moon. Can you explain what you did to flash yours and get it to work? Can you also re-upload the file on here? Thank you
23rd February 2019, 04:17 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evtoofly

I did a whole reflash using yours and magisk wasnt there so I had to go back to the original one posted from moon. Can you explain what you did to flash yours and get it to work? Can you also re-upload the file on here? Thank you

The only problem with mine was you had to transfer the su file I supplied to /system/bin
23rd February 2019, 04:35 AM |#9  

More
Quote:

The only problem with mine was you had to transfer the su file I supplied to /system/bin

so without fully reflashing , all i have to do is use a file explorer to transfer su, and then use twrp to flash the boot image only? I really dont wanna have to wipe my device again and set up my phone again

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

Thats another problem I face as well, no file explorer has let me move a file to the bin folder so how did u do it?
23rd February 2019, 04:41 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by evtoofly

so without fully reflashing , all i have to do is use a file explorer to transfer su, and then use twrp to flash the boot image only? I really dont wanna have to wipe my device again and set up my phone again

---------- Post added at 05:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:33 AM ----------

Thats another problem I face as well, no file explorer has let me move a file to the bin folder so how did u do it?

I used twrp and adb. adb push su /system/bin
23rd February 2019, 04:44 AM |#11  

More
Quote:

I used twrp and adb. adb push su /system/bin

where did u place the boot file on your device for twrp because twrp never sees files for me
also with the su file, can I put that anyweher on my device and run that adb command for it to transfer? sorry im confused

edit: I managed to get everything working and now I can install modules and also have the latest version of Magisk, thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)