FORUMS

ZTE S7 Blade --- working TWRP Recovery!

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 12

By deadmind, Member on 5th March 2017, 04:41 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello,

thanks to Sattarvoybek from 4pda we've got a working TWRP for the S7!!!

Install it by dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery
or Flashify ...

(only if u've got root! )

https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=697227&st=340

Download: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B4...UZyVTFDT18xQlU
The Following User Says Thank You to deadmind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deadmind Ad-Free
13th April 2017, 07:21 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
can you please elaborate on how to install it? and did you test this?
13th April 2017, 01:03 PM |#3  
OP Member
Flag Krefeld

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scepterus

can you please elaborate on how to install it? and did you test this?

Yes ... it's confirmed to work! ... installed it on my S7 ...

1st: root your phone ... best way from my point of view ... kingo 4.8 (oldie but goldie ... working!) + 'kingo to supersu 1.3' (Alternative: Replace_Kinguser_with_SuperSU-v2.0) - you will need adb-access for this ...
2nd: Install it by dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/recovery (adb again, su mode)

(See attachments)

Regards
13th April 2017, 07:56 PM |#4  

More
i rooted with kingroot, so what? i connect it to the pc, and just type these commands in a cmd? do i need special drivers or something?
13th April 2017, 08:09 PM |#5  
OP Member
Flag Krefeld

More
Quote:

i rooted with kingroot, so what? i connect it to the pc, and just type these commands in a cmd? do i need special drivers or something?

1. activate dev.options by tapping 'build no' (about this phone) 7x ...
2. inside dev.options activate usb debugging/adb
3. install: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho....php?t=2588979
4. connect your phone and open a cmd prompt/terminal
5. adb shell ... then u enter ur phone and can do funny things in there

More detailed tutorials are around ... but ... are u sure, that u need a recovery?! - what's ur plan?
13th April 2017, 08:26 PM |#6  

More
hey, it would not hurt to have a recovery that isn't the basic one.
as for what i need it for, the basics, flashing apps that won't install and stuff like that. also backing up the phone if i need.
13th April 2017, 09:30 PM |#7  
OP Member
Flag Krefeld

More
Quote:

hey, it would not hurt to have a recovery that isn't the basic one.
as for what i need it for, the basics, flashing apps that won't install and stuff like that. also backing up the phone if i need.

Read more at: https://www.viraltecho.com/replace-k...-with-supersu/

The short process is:

root - change to supersu (the howto is inside the zip) - download the recovery and save the file to ur sd - execute the dd copy without!!! typos ... (check it twice)
Try 'Replace_Kinguser_with_SuperSU-v2.0.zip' first ... there's some memory that this on was easier ...

adb reboot recovery (inside a cmd/terminal - phone connected)
should show the magic ...
14th April 2017, 06:27 AM |#8  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadmind

Read more at: https://www.viraltecho.com/replace-k...-with-supersu/

The short process is:

root - change to supersu (the howto is inside the zip) - download the recovery and save the file to ur sd - execute the dd copy without!!! typos ... (check it twice)
Try 'Replace_Kinguser_with_SuperSU-v2.0.zip' first ... there's some memory that this on was easier ...

adb reboot recovery (inside a cmd/terminal - phone connected)
should show the magic ...

why would i switch from kingroot? it's better than SuperSu.
14th April 2017, 12:20 PM |#9  
OP Member
Flag Krefeld

More
Quote:

why would i switch from kingroot? it's better than SuperSu.

It has many restrictions, installs a lot of crap to ur phone and many root-dependant programs will ask for supersu to work ... beside that I'm not sure, that u will be able to flash the recovery with this 'limited' root (maybe someone has some experience?!)

Beside that u could circumvent the dd -thing and check if kingo is 'enough'/capable by using Flashify + the recovery.img.
Never tested it ... but it's supposed to work (no warranty!) :P
14th April 2017, 01:45 PM |#10  

More
it's not kingo root. it's kingroot. from the guys who created purify. i saw no restrictions, and i'll try to flash the recovery and let you know.
14th April 2017, 10:14 PM |#11  
OP Member
Flag Krefeld

More
Quote:

it's not kingo root. it's kingroot. from the guys who created purify. i saw no restrictions, and i'll try to flash the recovery and let you know.

Let's say that 'there's one ring to rule them all' ... and it's called 'chainfire supersu' ... which became kind of a standard and many apps especially ask for it (foldermount f.e.).
Kingroot has kind of some funny effects (google it) - that's one of the reasons most people like to change it to supersu - on the other hand kingroot does a great job for rooting phones ... that's the reason many people get into using it ...

Anyway ... please let me know, if flashify manages the installation of the recovery!
The Following User Says Thank You to deadmind For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deadmind Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
cwm, t920, twrp, zte, zte s7

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)