ZTE Z982 blade z max (ROOT)

Search This thread

djc619

Jul 20, 2014
No bill!

The reason that you would want to root this phone is because if you can, you will be able to turn on the S secure feature, and the phone will be on forever, do you understand what this means, ok you genius' think about this for a moment, now there you are, now you understand why we want to root this phone, consider the idea of being able to use this phone without ever, and I mean never having to pay a bill!!

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Lady's and Gentlemen, I am currently working on a Root Hack for this phone the ZTE Blade (Z981 & Z982) Pro, once I have figured out the work around, I will be letting the world know, if you have any questions in the meantime about this phone, feel free to e-mail me, at: giffykard@gmail.com.

Look for the ZTE Hack soon, or Custom Rom Development soon.

Thank you,
Giffykard!!

I switched over from Metro to Cricket and now have unlimited 4G Hotspot! Me and my two daughters go through the 8gb Hotspot data from Metro in a couple of days. I switched over to Cricket because the Metro 4g lte service in my area sucked. Since then I have had unlimited Hotspot at 4g lte! It always shows 0MB used every month while my regular data is close to 200GB. I believe it has to do with the APN but regardless why it works all I know is that Cricket can't monitor my Hotspot usage! I've had it work for almost a year now. Thank you Cricket!

Last edited:
Reactions: #Starlord37#

dopey2missy

Dec 1, 2014
Seattle
hahaha
I work for metroPCS and I deal with scum like you each and every day. You get what you pay for, you want to have a nice phone like the rest of us? then go buy ur self a phone for over $500 ... we don't care. you all are such crybabies and so ignorant. its funny to me. Only criminals are the low life cheap ignorant scum of the earth customers such as you!
You do?! Well nice going Mr.CustomerUNsatisfaction!!! You just made me change from a loyal devoted MetroPCS supporter and customer to an ANTI one!!! Way to go ass!

digital81

Jul 15, 2009
Syracuse, NY
www.sthost.com

hahaha​
I work for metroPCS and I deal with scum like you each and every day. You get what you pay for, you want to have a nice phone like the rest of us? then go buy ur self a phone for over $500 ... we don't care. you all are such crybabies and so ignorant. its funny to me. Only criminals are the low life cheap ignorant scum of the earth customers such as you!

Let me guess, you work at one of the ones on S. Salina St. right? Is your vendor id still active? How is your Subaru doing?

Reactions: SkinnyBoyLongDick

theGeeko61@gmail.com

May 17, 2011
Chicago
theGe
Moto Z4
ZTE Zmax Pro
Does TWRP for ZTE Blade Apex 2 work?

On TeamWin website (https://twrp.me/zte/ztebladeapex2.html) a version of TWRP is offered for the ZTE Blade Apex 2. There is no download specifically for the ZTE ZBlade (Z982). Does this matter?

Others have suggested that one could produce their own copy from the source code.

What did the author have in mind?

Saw this posted by another member, can anyone confirm it's working?

ZTE Blade Z (Root)
This method works on my ZTE blade Z. Please let me know if this works on to your device too.

This guide is technically for all ZTE phones. ZTE phones are quite friendly with developers (but still can’t hit the level of Google and HTC).

Checklist:
Unlock your phone. Go to “developer option” ---- “unlock OEM”
Download TWRP and ADB tool
Install ZTE driver on computer. Yes, you would need a computer for this
How to root:
Restart your phone to bootloader (“volume down” + “battery”)
Open up your adb tool and rename TWRP as “recovery”. Drag it into the ADB toolkit and input the following command: “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”. When finished, type “fastboot reboot” then reboot into system
Transfer SuperSU into phone’s internal memory, find the suitable SuperSU version ( SuperSU V2.64 and SuperSU V2.79)
Switch off your phone. Then press “volume up + start” to enter recovery mode
Install SuperSU by sliding it right in
Reboot, and you are all set.

G

GuestK00251

you need programmer file, I only know 3 device already has its programmer tool.

ZTE Axon 7 (axon7),
ZTE Axon 7 mini (tulip),
ZTE Trek 2 (jasmine),
ZTE ZMAX Pro (urd),
just be something, after android nougat the bootloader is not locked, to flash twrp you need the programmer file

Last edited:

Pbsipher1

if i do not have a cpu could u use another android in its place like mini usb to type c or vice versa i do own a type c cable that is type c on both ends always wondered why i had that. or if i dont have a cpu is there a way to use xbox 360 as my cpu. ive looked everywhere for info and come up short

Last edited:

Brian9285

Feb 23, 2016
Hey could you give me instructions how you did that? Thanks.

---------- Post added at 02:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

I got the z982 rooted using uni and magical. Issue is I still don't have system re permissions. I've been able to port a version of twrp but none of the partitions mount. https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VaIxJMJpQsdY2jdmRiaztfUWQhbCbS0w/view?usp=drivesdk

Could you share how the steps to how you got root?

#Starlord37#

Jun 22, 2018
Try putting your phone into engineering mod. Reset it and hold down the 2 volume buttons it will boot up but the screen will remain blank and the little circle at the bottom will light up?

sketchscarz

You do?! Well nice going Mr.CustomerUNsatisfaction!!! You just made me change from a loyal devoted MetroPCS supporter and customer to an ANTI one!!! Way to go ass!
As a freelancer for Metro, and many other endeavors.. not to mention. I notice if they are as ignorant as that guy, IMMEDIATELY when I walk in the store, cause I've worked for Sprint T-Mobile Metro Verizon, Cricket, Comcast, DELL & TESLA with ELON. I guarantee this dude heard about the XDA University from and eager customer tha5t was inquisitive and fasc9inated, and treated him the same way he's treating the XDA fraternity. <3

This kind of dude will screw a customer and they wouldn't think twice about it.... SD cards, cases, DOWNGRADES, not to mention giving grandma an s22. DUDE. BIG BUTTONS LOUD SPEAKER. SHE DONT SURF THE WAVES OF THE HIGH SEAS INTERNET... past this point I'm ranting,,, but just to point out a bad apple... someone that is ignorant to the fact of the research and study here, and definitely harboring their own. PEACE. I'm listening to GOJIRA. Tried kingoroot on 982 but she's still turning her wheels and not goin anywhere. I WILL PREVAIL MWAH

sketchscarz

I successfully patched my boot image in magisk.

I also sucessfully patched my recovery image in magisk as well.

Can someone point me in the right direction?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220620-233704.png
    Screenshot_20220620-233704.png
    80.7 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_20220620-235343.png
    Screenshot_20220620-235343.png
    68.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Saw this posted by another member, can anyone confirm it's working?

ZTE Blade Z (Root)
    This method works on my ZTE blade Z. Please let me know if this works on to your device too.

This guide is technically for all ZTE phones. ZTE phones are quite friendly with developers (but still can’t hit the level of Google and HTC).

Checklist:
    Unlock your phone. Go to “developer option” ---- “unlock OEM”
    Download TWRP and ADB tool
    Install ZTE driver on computer. Yes, you would need a computer for this
    How to root:
    Restart your phone to bootloader (“volume down” + “battery”)
    Open up your adb tool and rename TWRP as “recovery”. Drag it into the ADB toolkit and input the following command: “fastboot flash recovery recovery.img”. When finished, type “fastboot reboot” then reboot into system
    Transfer SuperSU into phone’s internal memory, find the suitable SuperSU version ( SuperSU V2.64 and SuperSU V2.79)
    Switch off your phone. Then press “volume up + start” to enter recovery mode
    Install SuperSU by sliding it right in
    Reboot, and you are all set.
    The reason that you would want to root this phone is because if you can, you will be able to turn on the S secure feature, and the phone will be on forever, do you understand what this means, ok you genius' think about this for a moment, now there you are, now you understand why we want to root this phone, consider the idea of being able to use this phone without ever, and I mean never having to pay a bill!!

---------- Post added at 01:17 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 AM ----------

Lady's and Gentlemen, I am currently working on a Root Hack for this phone the ZTE Blade (Z981 & Z982) Pro, once I have figured out the work around, I will be letting the world know, if you have any questions in the meantime about this phone, feel free to e-mail me, at: giffykard@gmail.com.

Thank you,
    Giffykard!!

Thank you,
    Giffykard!!
    Thank you for your effort!
    Good luck and will be keeping an eye out.

hahaha​

You should not talk to people like that modderater should delete your post cause your wrong for thing Android is a version of Linux and open source and they paid for the phone should be able to do what ever they want to there phone or whatever else they bought but just talk nice and for all the other rude comments I'll probably get for this post thank you to shows your iq
    I think he means power button..
    We need this phone rooted so bad it's the difference between a good phone and a POS. If it was rooted we could have OTG (which I can't believe they left out) more ram and overclock and with the battery this has overclocking could work well.
    Not to mention the rooms they could build for this phone. There is so much potential here and it's being wasted.
    We need someone out there to solve this...
    Is the OP our answer? Is there a ZTE ROOT .APK?
    Is there a way to flash it in factory dfu mode?