Nubia Z7 (nx506J) working with Google Apps.

Search This thread

Senh0r

Oct 15, 2015
Lisbon
I have a nubia z7 with rom version 2.05 (Android 5 and Nubia UI 3), with google apps working without problems. Even youtube.
It took 3 days to figure out how to do it, without rooting the phone.
But some tools are needed...

I upgraded my phone rom (which came with version 2.26, a modified 1.26), put rom 2.02 then 2.03 and at last 2.05, which is the last one in nubia chinese site.
I used nubia rom updater, for the roms version 2.02 and 2.03 you have to decompress to each folder and point nubia updater to that folder.
The last one (version 2.05), i used option update of the phone.
Then uninstalled every chinese app. Downloaded gapps micro for android 5.0.1 and copy to the internal storage.
Then rebooted the phone with TWRP and installed the zip file. With TWRP root the phone, in advanced menu.
After that, i reboot into android system and made login into google play and updated everything.
It's a google phone now.

I think this should work for Nubia Z7 mini and Nubia Z7 Max

I hope this help someone

link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B52DgCiPfqeTYkFmUjNSbm44RDA&usp=sharing

greetings

Last edited:

helobot

Dec 20, 2015
I managed to get as far as upgrading firmware to v2.05. The files worked great thanks. How do I use the twrp to install gapps? Thanks for the help

S_Phoenix

Sep 10, 2008
Lisbon
I managed to get as far as upgrading firmware to v2.05. The files worked great thanks. How do I use the twrp to install gapps? Thanks for the help

hi, i'm Senh0r. I had logged with an old account.

now you can uninstall all chinese apps ,that you don't want.
then copy file gapps to internal storage.
Check if you have port ADB selected, by inserting on dial number *#7678# , if not, select it.
Now run the TWRP, which is in chinese, when the menu show up, choose option 3 and wait for the phone reboot into TWRP.
When you enter in TWRP, on bottom of screen you can choose english language.
After that is only to install the zip file. don't check for signature.
Now it's only need to reboot phone.

To enter on TWRP you need always to run the program to reboot your phone.

Anything ask ;)

greetings

Last edited:
Reactions: vision0815

helobot

Dec 20, 2015
Thanks for that. I got them installed but when I boot the phone I get a google services has stopped and the phone shuts down :( I'm
Not sure what I did wrong

vision0815

Dec 24, 2015
Hi Guys,

got my NX506J today, so a word of warning, I am pretty new to this :D

I am a little bit lost at the start,
Some Infos on the phone
Hardware Revision: NX506JMB_B
Build Number: NX506J_CNCommon_V2.26
NUBIA UI: V2.6.3

Rooted with TowelRoot

I'd appreciate it if you guys can point me in the right direction

THanks in advance

vision0815

Dec 24, 2015
Rooted from twrp, installed gapps, rebooted.
After a few minutes it started, google setup wizard.
It crashes with an exception.

Gonna give it a shot in a few

vision0815

Dec 24, 2015
Call me an idiot, but I didn't make a backup of the delivered stock ROM KitKat 2.26.
Please have you guys an image? I am stuck for good.

vision0815

Dec 24, 2015
Cleaned cache etc.

I could hit me for being so stupid to forget backing the original ROM up.

I can easily go to a stock Chinese ROM but at least a KitKat Google ROM would be nice.

Señor or anyone, can you provide a image of 2.26?

Senh0r

Oct 15, 2015
Lisbon
Unfortunately I didn't backup it either , :( but soon I will create a zip file with my Rom with Google apps installed.
I will check Nubia site for older roms too.

vision0815

Dec 24, 2015
Getting the hands on an 1.26 is relatively easy, but the googlefied 2.26 seems to be rather hard to find ...

vision0815

Dec 24, 2015
Hi Steveyknoxville, Señor shared a custom recovery based on twrp and that works very well. I would really appreciate if you could provide us with the 2.26 ROM

The link is in the first posting of this thread.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2014
Hi Steveyknoxville, Señor shared a custom recovery based on twrp and that works very well. I would really appreciate if you could provide us with the 2.26 ROM

The link is in the first posting of this thread.

Hi, I have read that senor twrp does not work on 4.4.2, are you confirming it does. My biggest question I need answered before I do anything is, if I install twrp how do I go back to stock recovery so I can do Ota updates to get to lollipop. Thanks.

vision0815

Dec 24, 2015
Sorry but I can't confirm weather it fully works or not. I followed señor's guide and updated the phone. But if I recall the thread correctly from nubia cn forums the stock ROM should be a slightly modified twrp anyways.

Try just going into the recovery mode.
You should be able to backup the ROM.

Thanks for the invested time.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I have a nubia z7 with rom version 2.05 (Android 5 and Nubia UI 3), with google apps working without problems. Even youtube.
    It took 3 days to figure out how to do it, without rooting the phone.
    But some tools are needed...

I upgraded my phone rom (which came with version 2.26, a modified 1.26), put rom 2.02 then 2.03 and at last 2.05, which is the last one in nubia chinese site.
    I used nubia rom updater, for the roms version 2.02 and 2.03 you have to decompress to each folder and point nubia updater to that folder.
    The last one (version 2.05), i used option update of the phone.
    Then uninstalled every chinese app. Downloaded gapps micro for android 5.0.1 and copy to the internal storage.
    Then rebooted the phone with TWRP and installed the zip file. With TWRP root the phone, in advanced menu.
    After that, i reboot into android system and made login into google play and updated everything.
    It's a google phone now.

I think this should work for Nubia Z7 mini and Nubia Z7 Max

I hope this help someone

link: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B52DgCiPfqeTYkFmUjNSbm44RDA&usp=sharing

greetings
    When you reboot into bootloader, via volume down or via "adb reboot bootloader", all you'll see is the Nubia splash screen. That's normal. To see if your phone is in bootloader mode use "fastboot devices". If you're in linux for some reason it requires root privileges, so use "sudo fastboot devices".

Hi, I fixed this problem by a fix. I cant paste link here. Go to youtube and look for "Fix Fastboot devices not found on windows 10" and simply replace the files in your fastboot folder and now it will work.
    Note: instead of "fastboot boot" you could use "fastboot flash recovery" to flash the TWRP image. However (a) the 10m wait makes it IMO rather useless. I'd rather have the stock recovery that works just file. If you need to install non signed packages just launch TWRM image in RAM again, and (b) even if you flash it I seem to recall that it gets overwritten later at some point with the stock recovery.
    Quick tip for the long boot time of TWRP.
    In TWRP go to settings and and set the timer for standby to 15 seconds (default is 300 idk why) and after that you can get into TWRP much much faster instead of waiting 5 minutes everytime.

Of course it would be much better if someone could fix TWRP to show up instantly instead of waiting for TWRP to go into standby in background just to wake it up via powerbutton again.

And to stop TWRP being overwritten by stock recovery after phone boots up, just rename or delete the file "recovery-from-boot.p" inside the system folder
    No FOTA, via twrp, over 3.83. Just clean cash and dalvik.

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:53 PM ----------

Here is the link
    http://ui.nubia.cn/rom/detail/11
    hi
    thank you for good work .
    but how can i flash twrp ?
    i download it but can't flah it . so i can't do anything .
    can you explain how flash twrp ?

Sent from my NX506J using Tapatalk

Hi you have to be on 5.0 rom to use twrp.
    Download twrp program from Señors drive, make sure factory port and USB debugging are ticked via the dialler method.
    Connect phone to computer and open Nubia updater, make sure updater shows green tick. If yes close Nubia updater, you are not using Nubia updater. Just using it to make sure phone connected correctly.
    Now unzip twrp file if it's zipped.
    Enter folder and you will find one of the items your computer will call "application" click on that and the program will open. Then select option "2" then it will flash twrp recovery. When that's finished press option "3" and it will boot into twrp.
    After rebooting phone with unknown sources allowed install apk, find apk on my post a few pages back where I link to a small app on my google drive, this apk will give you a button in your app list that when you click it and confirm yes, your phone will boot into twrp. Really easy.

Please thumbs up this if it helps you so others may find it too.

Regards Steve aka steveyknoxville