I'm one of foreigners who buy this phone from Hong Kong reseller and want to use Google App.
-=How to Root, Recovery and Google App. (At your own risk!)=-
- Download and extract "Nubia Z7 Mini Root+Recovery.rar" and download "gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip".
- Copy "TowelRoot v3.apk", "SuperSU Pro v2.0.0.apk" and "gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip" to the root directory of SD card and insert it to the Phone.
Install and run "TowelRoot v3.apk" from SD card and click "make it rain". If it's success, phone will not restart.
3. Super User
Install and run "SuperSU Pro v2.0.0.apk" (Normal Install) from SD card.
4. ZTE Driver and Debugging Mode
- Run "ZTE_Handset_USB_Driver.exe" in computer then connect phone to computer with USB data cable.
- Run "Autorun.exe" when connect the phone to PC for more driver install.
- Go to Settings->About phone and tab at "Build number" many times till "You are now a developer" appear.
- Go to Settings->More(at the end of menu list)->Developer options and enable "USB debugging"
- It will show "USB debugging connected" in Notification Bar
5. Rayglobe Mini TWRP Recovery
Run "run_permanente.bat" from extracted "Nubia+_mini_twrp_ver_2.rar"
6. Google App.
Boot to Rayglobe Mini TWRP Recovery (by "Shutdown" and press "Volume Up" and "Power" button) and "INSTALL" "gapps-kk-20140105-signed.zip" from External SD, "WIPE CACHE/DALVIK" then "REBOOT SYSTEM"
Files need :-
*** Nubia Z7 Mini Root+Recovery.rar
Some fix :-
*** SMS notification problems. (Posted by Matta_Z)
- Have you turned following options in settings of Messaging app: 1. "Light up screen" ; 2. "Display message notifications in status bar"; 3. "Receive Push Message" ?
*** YouTube issue (Posted by Leo_83)
- uninstalled/reinstalled and then cleared cache for YouTube app
*** Keyboard issue (if any)
Install 3rd party keyboard from Google Play by "Voice"
*** ROM Collection
*** Tab at "nubia UI" and "Build number"
*** Video tutorial how to flash from buncit8 (Many thanks for sharing)
*** Video tutorial how to Upgrade ROM from buncit8 (Many thanks for sharing)
*** Short Review of ZTE Nubia Z7 mini (in comment area)