FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[ROM][TWRP][ROOT] Cyanogen OS 12.1 YOG4PAS7DF

7,703 posts
Thanks Meter: 15,782

By eagleeyetom, Developer Committee Lead / XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator on 14th November 2015, 02:07 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi folks!

I'm a lazy guy and I was simply tired to use the stock recovery all the time the new OTA arrives, so I decided to make a prerooted ROM and share it with you. The modification is very simple and required me to edit just a few lines in the updater-script.

The coolest thing is that you can flash it using TWRP.

I haven't noticed any bugs so far, so tell me if the method works for you.

Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24459283995314398

XDA:DevDB Information
Cyanogen OS 12.1 Rooted, ROM for the Lenovo Zuk Z1

Contributors
eagleeyetom
ROM OS Version: 5.1.x Lollipop
ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
ROM Firmware Required: Latest Firmware
Based On: Cyanogen OS

Version Information

Created 2015-11-14
Last Updated 2016-04-06
The Following 26 Users Say Thank You to eagleeyetom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eagleeyetom Ad-Free

14th November 2015, 03:24 PM |#2  
Flag 30530
Thanks Meter: 305

More
Thanks friend. Good job

Enviado desde mi Z1 mediante Tapatalk
17th November 2015, 02:04 PM |#3  
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyetom

Hi folks!
I'm a lazy guy and I was simply tired of using the stock recovery all the time the new OTA arrives, so I decided to make a prerooted ROM and share it with you. The modification is very simple and required me to edit just a few lines in the updater-script.
The coolest thing is that you can flash it using TWRP.

That's fantastic @eagleeyetom.
Thanks a lot. I'm already on YOG4PAS3OH but I'll definitely try as soon as we have an update.

Does it mean that we can dirty flash via TWRP without loosing root or it is a pre-rooted rom?

Just donated (95V34165S2552584Y) some drinks to stimulate you in keep doing it for future releases!!

Thanks.

Inviato dal mio Z1 utilizzando Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to vittogn For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift vittogn Ad-Free
17th November 2015, 02:18 PM |#4  
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 142

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by vittogn

Thanks a lot. I'm already on YOG4PAS3OH but I'll definitely try as soon as we have an update.

Does it mean that we can dirty flash via TWRP without loosing root or it is a pre-rooted rom?

Join your efforts with @Breadcrust as I think he is working on something similar.
Just donated (95V34165S2552584Y) some drinks to stimulate you in keep doing it for future releases!!

Thanks.

*wakes from deep sleep* What's going on? Have I missed something? XD
The Following User Says Thank You to Breadcrust For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Breadcrust Ad-Free
17th November 2015, 02:21 PM |#5  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadcrust

*wakes from deep sleep* What's going on? Have I missed something? XD

Hi @Breadcrust sorry if I misunderstood. I understood you were working on a method to flash CM updates via your TWRP, in order to keep root and recovery. Am I wrong?
17th November 2015, 02:22 PM |#6  
Flag Bolton
Thanks Meter: 142

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Hi @Breadcrust sorry if I misunderstood. I understood you were working on a method to flash CM updates via your TWRP, in order to keep root and recovery. Am I wrong?

I was but I soon abandoned that as I couldn't find any reference in COS to writing the recovery parition.
17th November 2015, 02:39 PM |#7  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Breadcrust

I was but I soon abandoned that as I couldn't find any reference in COS to writing the recovery parition.

OK sorry for mentioning you. I'll edit my post above.
17th November 2015, 03:51 PM |#8  
OP Developer Committee Lead / XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag Gdańsk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks.

Wow. Fantastic, thanks a lot mate! Bsically when you'll flash it, you'll have a ROM with root. Just flash in TWRP and enjoy.
17th November 2015, 03:56 PM |#9  
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagleeyetom

Wow. Fantastic, thanks a lot mate! Bsically when you'll flash it, you'll have a ROM with root. Just flash in TWRP and enjoy.

Look forward to the next CMOS update to test your method!
17th November 2015, 04:15 PM |#10  
OP Developer Committee Lead / XDA Portal Team / Senior Moderator
Flag Gdańsk

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Look forward to the next CMOS update to test your method!

Yeah, I will upload it once it's up.
The Following User Says Thank You to eagleeyetom For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift eagleeyetom Ad-Free
17th November 2015, 05:19 PM |#11  
@radii, why don't you update your magic file with this version? Of course if OP is fine with it....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)