[VENDOR] Treble support for ZUK Z2 Pro

Search This thread

herrxyz

Oct 31, 2012
need correct boot.img

There is not available for now . Use kernel( boot.img ) from last Mokee . Just unpack rom and copy boot.img into your phone . Flash boot.img , vendor.img and gsi
got "android encryption problem"... only button there is "factory reset". Button does something, reboots into recovery and so on, then same screen again: "android encryption problem". after long searches, I found out it MIGHT have something to do with wrong kernel-version (boot.img) for GSI. could someone give me his working boot.img ?

what I did: full erase / factory reset / wipe EVERY partition in TWRP. everything mentioned in first post ([boot.img fromboot.img from MK81.0-z2pro-201805121530-NIGHTLY], vendor was not flashable), afterwards I did flash "factory2vendor_z2_plus.zip" as mentioned in another thread, reflashed vendor and reflashed GSI - now got this "android encryption problem"

mar.ur

Oct 30, 2016
Sosnowiec
got "android encryption problem"... only button there is "factory reset". Button does something, reboots into recovery and so on, then same screen again: "android encryption problem". after long searches, I found out it MIGHT have something to do with wrong kernel-version (boot.img) for GSI. could someone give me his working boot.img ?

what I did: full erase / factory reset / wipe EVERY partition in TWRP. everything mentioned in first post ([boot.img fromboot.img from MK81.0-z2pro-201805121530-NIGHTLY], vendor was not flashable), afterwards I did flash "factory2vendor_z2_plus.zip" as mentioned in another thread, reflashed vendor and reflashed GSI - now got this "android encryption problem"
Wipe/ format data / "yes" ( This erases all your data )

Last edited:

herrxyz

Oct 31, 2012
Wipe/ format data / "yes" ( This erases all your data )

unfortunately this didn't solve my problem

---------- Post added at 08:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:11 PM ----------

"solved" encryption problem by deleting everything and switch to an older agustin rom (https://ota.zuk.qnsystem.com/download/z2_row/) (had to reswitch factory2vendor and recovery - keep in mind to use old opengapps also because of /vendor and /factory problematic), then used agustins OTA (several times) to get up-to-date
thanks to @ianbassi for his helpfull post https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=76285175&postcount=43

Last edited:

mar.ur

Oct 30, 2016
Sosnowiec
unfortunately this didn't solve my problem
Do you know difference between wipe data and format data ?
You did so many unnecessary steps . Just read a thread before you will act .

Btw , thanks for link to unofficial Los 15.1 for z2pro . I've installed it with magisk 16.0 and the latest gapps without any problems . You must flash f2v.zip and 2018.04.13 twrp before .

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-18-19-02-28.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-18-19-02-28.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 462
  • Screenshot_2018-05-18-19-02-38.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-18-19-02-38.png
    100 KB · Views: 460
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180518-190523.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180518-190523.png
    205.2 KB · Views: 466
  • Screenshot_Settings_20180518-190539.png
    Screenshot_Settings_20180518-190539.png
    138 KB · Views: 454

herrxyz

Oct 31, 2012
Btw , thanks for link to unofficial Los 15.1 for z2pro . I've installed it with magisk 16.0 and the latest gapps without any problems . You must flash f2v.zip and 2018.04.13 twrp before .
does your bluetooth work? every time I try to connect to a devices my phone hangs and softreboots after some minutes ... also the included camera app crashs all the time (not a problem, just downloaded another one)
I have exact the same version as you, regarding to your screenshots (except that I didnt install magisk)

So this has been out for a while now... how well do the current Treble GSI versions of RR or LOS work on our Z2 Pro? Anyone using those currently, as opposed to the native device roms here in the Z2 Pro forums?
There's still no current GitHub release for boot.img, would we still want to grab one from Mokee, or maybe from latest full-treble AEX or RR? Or, for that matter, use AEX 5.5 installer & latest TWRP for its /boot and /vendor partitions, then replace /system with one from a Treble GSI?
If anyone has tried this, I'd be curious to see how it's working (or if @cosmedd or @davidevinavil wants to chime in and say "wait a week, we're about to push new releases" that would be great too) … although I've got another day or two of babysitting PowerPoints at a convention so I might be bored enough to try various combinations myself.

Reactions: jordandroid64

mar.ur

Oct 30, 2016
Sosnowiec
does your bluetooth work? every time I try to connect to a devices my phone hangs and softreboots after some minutes ... also the included camera app crashs all the time (not a problem, just downloaded another one)
I have exact the same version as you, regarding to your screenshots (except that I didnt install magisk)
I didn't have any issue with BT or stock camera . What fw do you use ? I probobly was on 3.5.344 but I am not sure . I sold my Zuk three days ago and can't check it anymore .

herrxyz

Oct 31, 2012
Baseband M8996FAAAANAZM-1.70664.3.76387.1, boot.img from mookee and agustin rom, as already mentioned. haven't used stockrom for some months, dont know what version it was (had mokee 8.1 before, but there were no updates anymore)

jordandroid64

Sep 7, 2014
Hey,
I just flashed a GSI system from AEX 5.5, I still can't make jack working.
Someone succeed to make jack working ? From which full treble ROM ?
I tried a solution provide by a mate 10 lite user, change a value in build.prop, but this value was not in our file and add it in our file didn't make sound from jack working.

Solution for mate 10 lite : set vendor.audio.offload.passthrough to true;

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No any problems to install RR or Los 15.1 or AOSP with pico gapps . These ROMs are the same . Only slightly differences .
    Install
    2018.03.11 twrp
    Boot_with_permissive_selinux.IMG
    Vendor.IMG
    RR or LOS 15.1 or AOSP phh-treble for a-only
    Open gapps
    Restart to system
    For root install moded Magisk
    https://xdaforums.com/lenovo-zuk-z2/development/rom-aospextended-rom-v5-0-t3683254/page851
    There is version of AOSP system with inbuilt gapps and Su as well . Only what you have to do is install phh's superuser app
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=me.phh.superuser
    Edit
    If you have error 70 during installation of micro gapps you have to resize system partition .
    Reboot to twrp
    Wipe/ Advanced wipe/ system/ repair or change file system/ resize file system
    than swipe to confirme it . Do it twice because of error for first time .
    Screenshot LOS 15.1
    Su is working but without any manager . You can only acrivate or deactivate it . There is lack of popup window with permission . ( allow , prompt , deny ) . For me is good but I think if you want u-touch and more customization better solution is useing Aex , rr or cosmic or waiting for cosme los 15.1 ( hope ) .
    Can you tell me if it takes some personalization? allows you to disable one of the SIM cards like AEX? some photos are appreciated. thx.

Enviado desde mi Z2 Pro mediante Tapatalk
    I don't use two sim cards . The personalization is very low . I think you should use xposed to increase the personalization . Unfortunately Los 15.1 is without gapps .
    Edit
    install los15.1 , factory reset / install (optional for root ) addonsu arm64 14.1 from extras Los download ( there are not exist for 15.1 yet ) / install pico open gaps / factory reset / restart . Now it seems be good .
    Good work, Zuk-devs :D

I've flashed LineageOS and everything seems fine but now I can´t boot to EDL mode in order to flash with QFIL.
    Everytime I try to reboot to EDL mode, it boots normally. I tried to reboot with fastboot-edl without success.
    What should I do?

Through Fastboot :
    Code:
    fastboot -i 0x2b4c oem reboot-edl

Through TWRP > Terminal
    Code:
    reboot edl

And here are some Screenshots from Last nights build of PhhAOSP Treble with GApps and SU inbuilt.
    G
    GuestD0097
    Android-Oreo-8-Easter-Egg-Feature-Image-2-Brown-810x298_c.png

Hello everyone!

So... since 2018/03/31 we have a treble compatible vendor image without any problems so far.

To test a Generic System Image (GSI), you need the following:

1. Flash the last TWRP recovery build: https://twrp.me/zuk/zukz2row.html
    2. Flash a recent baseband. As a rule, the last one is always the best: https://xdaforums.com/zuk-z2-pro/development/radio-modem-basebands-zuk-z2-pro-t3715835
    3. Flash a boot.img image with support for early mounting of the system and vendor partitions: https://github.com/cosmedd/android_kernel_zuk_msm8996/releases
    4. Flash the vendor image for our device (z2_row): https://github.com/zuk-devs/android_vendor_zuk/releases
    5. Flash the GSI of your choice: https://xdaforums.com/project-treble (Note: ours is an A-only device)

Keep in mind that, as the name implies, generic images will have fewer functions than dedicated ROMs, since they are designed to support as many devices as possible. On the other hand, they are lighter and closer to pure AOSP.

But the basic functions like camera, audio, radio, gps, hardware acceleration, fingerprint, gyroscope, etc... should work out of the box.

If you still do not understand what this means and simplifying a lot... think of boot + baseband + vendor images as the drivers for our device and the Generic System Images (GSI) as the operating system.

20171124T115704.jpg

In theory, this vendor image will also allows us to get Android 9, 10, 11, etc... with few or no changes. :eek:

Now you no longer depend on the developers of Z2 Pro, as anyone from any device can build a GSI. This means more people who can provide an updated system for our device.

Even if you are not going to use GSI now, I still recommend that you download it and keep it in a safe place in case you need it someday.

Thanks to: DD3Boh, davidevinavil and the xiaomi/msm8996 devs, you make life easier for the rest of us! ;)

XDA:DevDB Information
    [VENDOR] Treble support for ZUK Z2 Pro, ROM for the Lenovo Zuk Z2 Pro

Contributors
    cosmedd
    Source Code: https://github.com/zuk-devs

ROM OS Version: 8.x Oreo

Version Information

Created 2018-04-01
    Last Updated 2018-04-03